Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext ThreadShow in Flat Mode*


SubjectAgreeescence Reply to this message
Posted byHalcyon
Posted on12/14/04 11:37 PM



> I think we may be arguing semantics. I think Walmart should be making the
> decision to put the sticker on, IF they know the content. They also should be
> investigating what they're putting on the shelves, if the music company is
> trying to put one past them.

Ok, agreed

> Now, I think your argument is they should be the ones to decide if the warning
> sticker goes on it.

No, I was arguing against that (which is where I think we got confused). I think it should go on it because the content is there.

I was just trying to say, that if Wal Mart aren't the ones responsible for putting the thing on the CD, why aren't they suing the people responsible for that also? AFAIK the "Parental Advisory" warning was actually printed onto the CD jackets themselves and not some sticker.

> But, none of this absolves Walmart from misleading parents. If I put out a porno
> that doesn't have a label for offensive content, should Walmart go and sell it
> to kids? Of course not. They have to be smarter.

Yeah agreed

-
Entire Thread
Subject  Posted byPosted On
*At least the aren't suing because they are fat  Cereal Killer12/14/04 02:37 PM
.*The american dream. nt  Eon_Blue12/15/04 04:46 AM
.*the kid's 13  reptilezero12/14/04 11:12 PM
..*Yeah but the labels are for peepz under 18 -nt-  Halcyon12/14/04 11:40 PM
.*I support this one  ChachiSqrPants12/14/04 07:32 PM
..*It shouldn't be their responsibility  CreepingDeath12/15/04 02:26 AM
...*Yeah, it should  ChachiSqrPants12/15/04 05:55 AM
..*Fuck that  Ryu_Saotome12/15/04 00:29 AM
...*Re: Fuck that  ChachiSqrPants12/15/04 00:59 AM
....*Re: Fuck that  Ryu_Saotome12/15/04 01:14 AM
.....*Re: Fuck that  ChachiSqrPants12/15/04 01:27 AM
......*Re: Fuck that  Ryu_Saotome12/15/04 01:56 AM
.......*Re: Fuck that  ChachiSqrPants12/15/04 05:49 AM
........*re  Ryu_Saotome12/15/04 01:30 PM
........*Jesus fucking Christ on a pogo-stick Cachi, you're really stretching it aren't you...  Death Knight12/15/04 06:58 AM
.........*fuck  ChachiSqrPants12/15/04 10:29 AM
..........*My closed-mindedness comment was in reference to your absurd overstatement. NT  Death Knight12/15/04 11:03 AM
.....*Re: Fuck that  skydoune12/15/04 01:22 AM
..*"FUCK"  Terry Bogard12/14/04 09:31 PM
...*And you have how many kids?  ChachiSqrPants12/14/04 09:54 PM
....*none, not spawn time yet :)  Terry Bogard12/15/04 04:15 AM
.....*Re: none, not spawn time yet :)  ChachiSqrPants12/15/04 05:39 AM
....*Shut the fuck up, Walter *nt*  wildcat12/14/04 11:49 PM
...*Oh no! I sue you!  Halcyon12/14/04 09:44 PM
....*the lawyer wins! [nt] SUEALITY!  Terry Bogard12/15/04 04:29 AM
....*Re: Oh no! I sue you!  ChachiSqrPants12/14/04 10:16 PM
.....*Yeah but  Halcyon12/14/04 10:19 PM
......*Yeah they should  ChachiSqrPants12/14/04 11:19 PM
........Agreeescence  Halcyon12/14/04 11:37 PM
.*You know what those parents need?  Death Knight12/14/04 03:27 PM
..*There are a lot of problems with people in the US.  SatsuNoHiTo12/14/04 04:30 PM
..*You know, I'm extremely surprised at this story  wildcat12/14/04 03:44 PM
...*I almost wish I worked at Wal-Mart  Cereal Killer12/14/04 03:50 PM
....*Re: I almost wish I worked at Wal-Mart  Griking12/14/04 07:26 PM
.....*Re: That's pretty wise stuff..I agree with Griking -nt- in all honesty  Evildrak12/14/04 09:31 PM