Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


Subject007 Everything or Nothing Sucks new Reply to this message
Posted byRoushiMSX
Posted on04/16/07 05:03 PM



Like, this game is mind-bogglingly bad. It's insane that it got such highly reviewed while both of the Headhunter games (which do everything EoN does but much, much better) got the shaft.

Jesus, I may not even bother beating the game. It's just fucking foul.




Subjectwhat the eff new Reply to this message
Posted byEon_Blue
Posted on04/16/07 05:37 PM



I could have SWORN you said this was good. I was actually looking to pick it up at a decent price, based on what I thought you said.

Saved me 15 bucks, you just did. Picked up Nightfire on the gamecube in the meantime - it's okay, I guess. Certainly not a groundbreaking FPS, but it's decent as an action title. My son is a James Bond nut, ever since I dug out the old N64 and showed him Goldeneye, so he wants me to pick up all the 007 titles.

> Like, this game is mind-bogglingly bad. It's insane that it got such highly
> reviewed while both of the Headhunter games (which do everything EoN does but
> much, much better) got the shaft.
>
> Jesus, I may not even bother beating the game. It's just fucking foul.
>





SubjectRe: what the eff new Reply to this message
Posted byRoushiMSX
Posted on04/16/07 06:10 PM



> I could have SWORN you said this was good. I was actually looking to pick it up
> at a decent price, based on what I thought you said.
>

I've always heard it was excellent as well. Bought it back in '04 but just now finally got around to playing it. Slowly chipping away at memorizing the locations of every enemy on the final level so I can just beat it and be done with it, but god damn is it tedious, annoying, and time consuming. The game is loaded down with cheap deaths and a bulk of the game length is due to forcing you to remember all of the locations where enemies will magically spawn once you roll over a trigger point.

There's more than a few levels that'll take close to an hour or two to complete because of how many times you have to repeat them (and when you do finish you realize the final run only took you 8 minutes). There's a cliff jumping mission that makes no. fucking. sense. You have to dive off a cliff to save a falling girl, all the while dodging fire and rocks and shit. You can do it FLAWLESSLY and still not pass the mission. I still have no idea what the fuck I did right to pass it.

> Saved me 15 bucks, you just did. Picked up Nightfire on the gamecube in the
> meantime - it's okay, I guess. Certainly not a groundbreaking FPS, but it's
> decent as an action title. My son is a James Bond nut, ever since I dug out the
> old N64 and showed him Goldeneye, so he wants me to pick up all the 007 titles.
>

Nightfire is pretty much the best James Bond game out there right now. The multiplayer is bleh, but the solo ain't bad. I think it just might be the best Eurocom game yet (which isn't saying much...but still). The PC port was laughably bad and worth checking out if you've ever wanted to see a butchered abortion of a port.

Watch out for Agent Under Fire. That game is awful, too. 007 Racing blows, The World Is Not Enough isn't very good, and Goldeneye: Rogue Agent is only worth picking up for the fucking excellently rendered cutscenes. I haven't played From Russia With Love yet, but I've heard it's like Everything or Nothing. Yuck.




SubjectRussia wasn't too bad Reply to this message
Posted byEon_Blue
Posted on04/16/07 06:28 PM



It was interesting hearing connery do the voices. I'm sure I've seen the movie before, but I don't remember a whole lot from it. It's like a third person action title - graphics are okay for Gamecube (doesn't take much, I guess). Driving missions are terrible, cutscenes are decent.

There's my totally aimless review.

> > I could have SWORN you said this was good. I was actually looking to pick it
> up
> > at a decent price, based on what I thought you said.
> >
>
> I've always heard it was excellent as well. Bought it back in '04 but just now
> finally got around to playing it. Slowly chipping away at memorizing the
> locations of every enemy on the final level so I can just beat it and be done
> with it, but god damn is it tedious, annoying, and time consuming. The game is
> loaded down with cheap deaths and a bulk of the game length is due to forcing
> you to remember all of the locations where enemies will magically spawn once you
> roll over a trigger point.
>
> There's more than a few levels that'll take close to an hour or two to complete
> because of how many times you have to repeat them (and when you do finish you
> realize the final run only took you 8 minutes). There's a cliff jumping mission
> that makes no. fucking. sense. You have to dive off a cliff to save a falling
> girl, all the while dodging fire and rocks and shit. You can do it FLAWLESSLY
> and still not pass the mission. I still have no idea what the fuck I did right
> to pass it.
>
> > Saved me 15 bucks, you just did. Picked up Nightfire on the gamecube in the
> > meantime - it's okay, I guess. Certainly not a groundbreaking FPS, but it's
> > decent as an action title. My son is a James Bond nut, ever since I dug out
> the
> > old N64 and showed him Goldeneye, so he wants me to pick up all the 007
> titles.
> >
>
> Nightfire is pretty much the best James Bond game out there right now. The
> multiplayer is bleh, but the solo ain't bad. I think it just might be the best
> Eurocom game yet (which isn't saying much...but still). The PC port was
> laughably bad and worth checking out if you've ever wanted to see a butchered
> abortion of a port.
>
> Watch out for Agent Under Fire. That game is awful, too. 007 Racing blows, The
> World Is Not Enough isn't very good, and Goldeneye: Rogue Agent is only worth
> picking up for the fucking excellently rendered cutscenes. I haven't played From
> Russia With Love yet, but I've heard it's like Everything or Nothing. Yuck.

I'll avoid EON then - every time I pick up a new game, I end up having to play through it in front of my little guy - and if it's too tough, he'll think I'm a pussy.





Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode