Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostView All Threads*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectFixing Firefox's tab behavior new Reply to this message
Posted byitchyNADZ
Posted on02/04/10 11:25 AM



To fix Firefox 3.6's annoying tab behavior:

Make New Tab Pages Open in the Far Right of the Tab Bar

  • Type about:config in the address bar. Then, if needed click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.

  • Next, in the filter box – type in:
    tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent

  • Right-click that about:config entry, and select “Toggle”










SubjectRe: Fixing Firefox's tab behavior Reply to this message
Posted bySilentAce
Posted on02/04/10 01:31 PM



I never understood why you would want it all the way to the right... anyone care to explain? Is it just because that's how it was in the beginning?

I personally think most links I click relate to the current tab, so naturally i would want them next to the current tab.
> To fix Firefox 3.6's annoying tab behavior:
>
> Make New Tab Pages Open in the Far Right of the Tab BarType about:config in the
> address bar. Then, if needed click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
>
> Next, in the filter box – type in:
> tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent
>
> Right-click that about:config entry, and select “Toggle”
>
>
>
>
>
>





Subjectprobably.. new Reply to this message
Posted byTi-BOne
Posted on02/04/10 02:13 PM



but it's how i am used to do.

but i usually just navigate through tabs by ctrl+pgup/down, so i dunno.

But to me, the old behavior, feels more natural.



> I never understood why you would want it all the way to the right... anyone care
> to explain? Is it just because that's how it was in the beginning?
>
> I personally think most links I click relate to the current tab, so naturally i
> would want them next to the current tab.
> > To fix Firefox 3.6's annoying tab behavior:
> >
> > Make New Tab Pages Open in the Far Right of the Tab BarType about:config in
> the
> > address bar. Then, if needed click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
> >
> > Next, in the filter box – type in:
> > tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent
> >
> > Right-click that about:config entry, and select “Toggle”
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>



SubjectRe: probably.. new Reply to this message
Posted byitchyNADZ
Posted on02/04/10 03:14 PM



I like the new tabs being on the right side because I know exactly where to go.

When a tab opens up beside the window that created it, I lose track of where that is among the 10 or so tabs I have open.



> but it's how i am used to do.
>
> but i usually just navigate through tabs by ctrl+pgup/down, so i dunno.
>
> But to me, the old behavior, feels more natural.
>
>
>
> > I never understood why you would want it all the way to the right... anyone
> care
> > to explain? Is it just because that's how it was in the beginning?
> >
> > I personally think most links I click relate to the current tab, so naturally
> i
> > would want them next to the current tab.
> > > To fix Firefox 3.6's annoying tab behavior:
> > >
> > > Make New Tab Pages Open in the Far Right of the Tab BarType about:config in
> > the
> > > address bar. Then, if needed click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
> > >
> > > Next, in the filter box – type in:
> > > tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent
> > >
> > > Right-click that about:config entry, and select “Toggle”
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>







SubjectRe: Fixing Firefox's tab behavior new Reply to this message
Posted byAlyas
Posted on02/04/10 06:45 PM



> I never understood why you would want it all the way to the right... anyone care
> to explain? Is it just because that's how it was in the beginning?

For me, I'll usually have a few tabs open. Let's say I'm on tab 2 of 4. I see a bunch of links I want to read. I'll scroll down the page, middle-clicking them all in order of how I want to read them.

If the new tabs are opened furthest to the right, I'll know that the ones at the end are the ones I just opened, and they'll be in the order I want them.

If they open directly after the tab I clicked them from, then not only are they lost in the shuffle between what used to be tabs 2 and 3, but, but they'll also line up in reverse order than the way I click them, since each new one would open right before the last one.

Alyas
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."


View All Threads*Show in Threaded Mode