Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostView All Threads*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectKinect or DS for a kid? new Reply to this message
Posted bySilentAce
Posted on07/06/11 12:30 PM



Like an idiot, I sold my DS a few years ago... now my son is wanting a kinect... but I think he may enjoy a DS better... what do you guys think? He is still single digits and he knows how to read, but he is still learning (has harder times on bigger words)... what would you get for a 6/7 year old?




SubjectKinect would be more exercise -nt- new Reply to this message
Posted byBryzian
Posted on07/06/11 02:42 PM



> Like an idiot, I sold my DS a few years ago... now my son is wanting a kinect...
> but I think he may enjoy a DS better... what do you guys think? He is still
> single digits and he knows how to read, but he is still learning (has harder
> times on bigger words)... what would you get for a 6/7 year old?
>





SubjectRe: Kinect or DS for a kid? new Reply to this message
Posted byCereal Killer
Posted on07/06/11 04:01 PM



At E3 they demoed a Disneyland game for Kinect that looked incredible. They had two kids flying with Peter Pan finally landing on the Jolly Rodger in front of Capt. Hook. Every kids dream.

> Like an idiot, I sold my DS a few years ago... now my son is wanting a kinect...
> but I think he may enjoy a DS better... what do you guys think? He is still
> single digits and he knows how to read, but he is still learning (has harder
> times on bigger words)... what would you get for a 6/7 year old?
>





SubjectRe: Kinect or DS for a kid? new Reply to this message
Posted byVmprHntrD
Posted on07/06/11 09:01 PM



Well if you want the kid not really into gaming and to get some exercise in front of a TV instead of outdoors the Kinect would be it. If you want the kid to go outdoors and game on the side (rainy days, after homework, in car rides, etc) then the DS is the right idea. DS also has more stuff and variety for that age group and beyond.



Billy Connolly - Statement of the Century
"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time ?"


Subjectasked him and now wonder XL or not new Reply to this message
Posted bySilentAce
Posted on07/07/11 03:37 AM



From what I can tell, the DSi is the way to go... not the XL... I won't be buying the 3DS, and I like the idea of the camera and such the DSi offers.

> Well if you want the kid not really into gaming and to get some exercise in
> front of a TV instead of outdoors the Kinect would be it. If you want the kid
> to go outdoors and game on the side (rainy days, after homework, in car rides,
> etc) then the DS is the right idea. DS also has more stuff and variety for that
> age group and beyond.
>
>
>
> Billy Connolly - Statement of the Century
> "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a
> headache and sex at the same time ?"
>





SubjectDon't bother with the 3DS new Reply to this message
Posted byDeath Knight
Posted on07/07/11 09:37 AM



The health disclaimer specifically says to keep 3D OFF for kids up to 6-7,so it mostly defeats the purpose of buying one considering the premium pricing.

All work and no play makes me..., well, you know the rest.


SubjectI wonder when Reply to this message
Posted byitchyNADZ
Posted on07/07/11 12:43 PM



a porn game will come out for the Kinect? I'm seeing Custer's Revenge all over again.


> At E3 they demoed a Disneyland game for Kinect that looked incredible. They had
> two kids flying with Peter Pan finally landing on the Jolly Rodger in front of
> Capt. Hook. Every kids dream.
>
> > Like an idiot, I sold my DS a few years ago... now my son is wanting a
> kinect...
> > but I think he may enjoy a DS better... what do you guys think? He is still
> > single digits and he knows how to read, but he is still learning (has harder
> > times on bigger words)... what would you get for a 6/7 year old?
> >
>
>
>







SubjectI guess not long... new Reply to this message
Posted bynewsdee
Posted on07/08/11 03:06 AM



But this is going to be the result




View All Threads*Show in Threaded Mode