Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectNeoGeo arcade cabinet Reply to this message
Posted byDr_Nova2
Posted on07/19/17 00:46 AM



Woohoo! I can get an empty NeoGeo arcade cabinet this weekend in trade for a crate of beer. I want to convert it into a mame cabinet. It has no monitor and I want to use an LCD monitor (I know that a real arcade tude is the best But I want to be able to move the machine. Does jpac also support LCD monitors?


Subjectawesome! new Reply to this message
Posted bynewsdee
Posted on07/20/17 09:39 AM



> Woohoo! I can get an empty NeoGeo arcade cabinet this weekend in trade for a
> crate of beer. I want to convert it into a mame cabinet. It has no monitor and I
> want to use an LCD monitor (I know that a real arcade tude is the best But I
> want to be able to move the machine. Does jpac also support LCD monitors?

J-PAC takes VGA at 31khz and divides the signal to output 15khz.
If your LCD takes 15khz you're in good shape.

Otherwise... why not just plug the VGA to the LCD instead?
You can still use the J-PAC for the rest of the cab components.


[download a life]


SubjectAre there 4:3 or 5:4 LCDs? new Reply to this message
Posted bySatsuNoHiTo
Posted on07/28/17 11:32 PM



I can't accept using an LCD on a retro machine because they're all wide now days, are there LCDs out there that have a good response time, can display a proper 'square' resolution without breakin' muh pixels, and has a good response time? I'd imagine that something like that would be niche, and therefor, expensive.




SubjectRe: Are there 4:3 or 5:4 LCDs? new Reply to this message
Posted bynewsdee
Posted on08/23/17 10:39 AM



There is old stock out there... I found not long ago some used Eizo displays that looked pretty good and are 4:3. Your best bet would be to try some of those.

There are 4:3 dispays out there too, but as you say they tend to be expensive. I found some kind of bezel in front of a 16:9 LCD also works, because you don't see the empty space.


[download a life]


SubjectRe: awesome! new Reply to this message
Posted byDr_Nova2
Posted on09/09/17 06:47 PM



> > Woohoo! I can get an empty NeoGeo arcade cabinet this weekend in trade for a
> > crate of beer. I want to convert it into a mame cabinet. It has no monitor and
> I
> > want to use an LCD monitor (I know that a real arcade tude is the best But I
> > want to be able to move the machine. Does jpac also support LCD monitors?
>
> J-PAC takes VGA at 31khz and divides the signal to output 15khz.
> If your LCD takes 15khz you're in good shape.
>
> Otherwise... why not just plug the VGA to the LCD instead?
> You can still use the J-PAC for the rest of the cab components.
>
>
> [download a life]

Yup, I hooked the LCD up direct to the PC because it didn't displayed 15/31 hz. It isn't as nice asthe real deal but it is still awesome :-D

>



Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode