A new version of zQuake is available as of the 15th of August. In addition to bugfixes, it also adds the following nick-knacks:
* .kmap format extended, so now you can have a true German keyboard layout
(well, I hope)
While writing this code, I found a bug in Quake code - you can crash Quake by executing "bind blah" in the console, where is any key with ASCII code greater than 127
* a small fix that makes maps load faster on local server
* the "Loading" screen from NetQuake works again :-) No more dropping to console when changing levels in single player games.
* qstat - lets you ping a server and see who's playing. It's equivalent to packet status but the output is nicely formatted, and of course it's easier to type (qs, foo.bar).
* loadkeys - I wrote this one mostly for fun but someone might find it useful. It lets you change your keyboard layout to Dvorak, for example. While this command is (currenlty) Win32 only, the format of ZQuake .kmap files was inspired by Linux's ones:
// ZQuake keymap
keycode 1 ESCAPE
keycode 69 PAUSE
ext keycode 69 NUMLOCK
* Also, zquake now understands fbskins and truelightning serverinfo keys. This means that you can have fullbright skins in TF if the admin allows them, and that cl_truelightning feature can be disabled by a DM server admin.