Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectWhat the hell is this guy selling new Reply to this message
Posted bypostamessage
Posted on02/26/01 02:59 PM



http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1217641868




SubjectRe: What the hell is this guy selling Reply to this message
Posted byxman_badger
Posted on02/27/01 00:56 AM



there must be some cocaine in the casing or something for an atari to go for that much

" i wanna fuck your sister what will you take in trade ?"-joker "well, whatcha got ?" -cowboy from FULL METAL JACKET


SubjectMcDonalds scratch off new Reply to this message
Posted byFreeweed
Posted on02/27/01 09:12 AM



Well, I distinctly remember someone (a cereal company?) that had a scratch-off type Pac-Man game back in the day, you know, those pieces of cardboard maybe 2"x3" that you scratch off the squares to reveal the game's progress?

Never heard of McDonald's having a promotion like this, and I sure as hell don't know how the guy managed to play it for 15 minutes!

Notice how I don't even question the opening bid price of $4,500.00, as this is so obviously a joke/rip-off auction, it's not even worth mentioning.

<-- If it was dead, it would be Necroflippia (oh, notice the toplessness :)


Subjecta time machine -nt- new Reply to this message
Posted byLord Zork
Posted on02/27/01 11:37 AM



> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1217641868
>




Lord.Zork


SubjectRe: McDonalds scratch off new Reply to this message
Posted byLuisv
Posted on02/27/01 06:06 PM



Maybe he means a promotion at McDonalds with scratch off game pieces? It's pretty cool, cuz the paper had 9 places to scratch, and if you scratched the wrong space, it would say Zap! But if you got the right space, it said something like you win a cheeseburger or something. It's better than today's boring scratch-but-you'll-probably-have-no-chance-of-winning-cuz-theres-only-one-space-to-scratch stuff. Read it here: http://www.atari-history.com/archives/mcdonalds/mcdonalds_atari.html


> Well, I distinctly remember someone (a cereal company?) that had a scratch-off
> type Pac-Man game back in the day, you know, those pieces of cardboard maybe
> 2"x3" that you scratch off the squares to reveal the game's progress?
>
> Never heard of McDonald's having a promotion like this, and I sure as hell don't
> know how the guy managed to play it for 15 minutes!
>
> Notice how I don't even question the opening bid price of $4,500.00, as this is
> so obviously a joke/rip-off auction, it's not even worth mentioning.
>
> <-- If it was dead, it would be Necroflippia (oh, notice the toplessness :)
>





SubjectGive the (wo)man a cigar! new Reply to this message
Posted byFreeweed
Posted on02/28/01 09:11 AM




That would be it. I knew something sounded familiar about this, but I couldn't put my finger on it so early in the morning. Now, why he thinks it's worth $4,500.00, especially as it's been used, is beyond me. Note: all Ebay auctions without pictures might as well be considered fraudulent. How many people out there really don't have access to a scanner and/or digital camera these days, that just happen to have very valuable items for sale?

> Maybe he means a promotion at McDonalds with scratch off game pieces? It's
> pretty cool, cuz the paper had 9 places to scratch, and if you scratched the
> wrong space, it would say Zap! But if you got the right space, it said
> something like you win a cheeseburger or something. It's better than today's
> boring
scratch-bu> t-you'll-probably-have-no-chance-of-winning-cuz-theres-only-one-space-to-scratch
> stuff. Read it here:
> http://www.atari-history.com/archives/mcdonalds/mcdonalds_atari.html
>


<-- If it was dead, it would be Necroflippia (oh, notice the toplessness :)


Subjectman :) *nt* new Reply to this message
Posted byLuisv
Posted on02/28/01 05:56 PM



>
> That would be it. I knew something sounded familiar about this, but I couldn't
> put my finger on it so early in the morning. Now, why he thinks it's worth
> $4,500.00, especially as it's been used, is beyond me. Note: all Ebay auctions
> without pictures might as well be considered fraudulent. How many people out
> there really don't have access to a scanner and/or digital camera these days,
> that just happen to have very valuable items for sale?
>
> > Maybe he means a promotion at McDonalds with scratch off game pieces? It's
> > pretty cool, cuz the paper had 9 places to scratch, and if you scratched the
> > wrong space, it would say Zap! But if you got the right space, it said
> > something like you win a cheeseburger or something. It's better than today's
> > boring
> scratch-bu>
> t-you'll-probably-have-no-chance-of-winning-cuz-theres-only-one-space-to-scratch
> > stuff. Read it here:
> > http://www.atari-history.com/archives/mcdonalds/mcdonalds_atari.html
> >
>
>
> <-- If it was dead, it would be Necroflippia (oh, notice the toplessness :)
>





SubjectRe: Give the (wo)man a cigar! new Reply to this message
Posted byconsoleandarcade
Posted on03/01/01 00:07 AM



I take offense to that(kind of). I have quite a few very expensive things to sell on ebay which are ALL properly described and I have'nt access to a scanner. People still buy from me and are always satisfied(154 positives, no negatives).

-ConsoleAndArcade

>
> That would be it. I knew something sounded familiar about this, but I couldn't
> put my finger on it so early in the morning. Now, why he thinks it's worth
> $4,500.00, especially as it's been used, is beyond me. Note: all Ebay auctions
> without pictures might as well be considered fraudulent. How many people out
> there really don't have access to a scanner and/or digital camera these days,
> that just happen to have very valuable items for sale?
>
> > Maybe he means a promotion at McDonalds with scratch off game pieces? It's
> > pretty cool, cuz the paper had 9 places to scratch, and if you scratched the
> > wrong space, it would say Zap! But if you got the right space, it said
> > something like you win a cheeseburger or something. It's better than today's
> > boring
> scratch-bu>
> t-you'll-probably-have-no-chance-of-winning-cuz-theres-only-one-space-to-scratch
> > stuff. Read it here:
> > http://www.atari-history.com/archives/mcdonalds/mcdonalds_atari.html
> >
>
>
> <-- If it was dead, it would be Necroflippia (oh, notice the toplessness :)
>


Play the consoles. Play the arcade. Love Both.


SubjectThere's always an exception to a rule new Reply to this message
Posted byFreeweed
Posted on03/01/01 09:57 PM




However, the fact remains that in the days of $50 scanners, people who post un-pictured items are either:

1. lying/hiding something
2. live in a cave and thus don't know what a scanner is
3. one of the 4 people on Earth who actually *has* money, hasn't bought a scanner, and yet puts legit auctions up on Ebay.

Nothing personal intended, but common sense tells me not to buy from numbers 1 and 2 :) However, people like yourself are a refreshing change from the usual Ebay idiots!

> I take offense to that(kind of). I have quite a few very expensive things to
> sell on ebay which are ALL properly described and I have'nt access to a scanner.
> People still buy from me and are always satisfied(154 positives, no negatives).
>


<-- If it was dead, it would be Necroflippia (oh, notice the toplessness :)


SubjectRe: McDonalds scratch off new Reply to this message
Posted byCyberGouki
Posted on03/05/01 11:50 PM




Holy fucking jesus christ! That's some contest Mickey D's had going, 4 million in prizes? obviously today, we'll never, EVER see something like that cause they're $$$ hungry jackasses that charge 5.00 plus tax for a big mac meal, FUCK YOU MCDONALDS! You go to hell and you die!

I came to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.


SubjectRe: Give the (wo)man a cigar! new Reply to this message
Posted byCyberGouki
Posted on03/05/01 11:53 PM



you should get yourself at least a web cam, alot of people, including me only buy from ppl who have pics, or have good feedback. But anyways, a digi cam will auctully help you in the long run. Funny how that guy has his feedback as private eh.

I came to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.


Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode