ClrMamePro 3.50 (24-Nov-2004)
* Added Set-Subfolder support.
This includes full scanner/rebuilder/merger/dir2dat set-subfolder support for
zipped and unzipped sets.
Set-Subfolders? Yes...you can have folderstructures for
rom/samples/diskimages now...something like:
rom ( name namcopac.6j size 4096 crc 7a36fe55 sha1 01b....
rom ( name sub1\pacman.5e size 4096 crc 0c944964 sha1 06e....
rom ( name sub1\pacman.5f size 4096 crc 958fedf9 sha1 4a9....
rom ( name sub1\sub2\82s123.7f size 32 crc 2fc650bd sha1 8d02....
rom ( name sub1\sub2\82s126.4a size 256 crc 3eb3a8e4 sha1 1909....
Some things you should know:
* You can use / or \ in the datfile.
* There is no subfolder limit in the datfile....this is limited by your OS.
* The character '`' (chr(96) iirc) is used internally. If you're using it in a rom/sample/etc name, it'll be converted to "'".
* You can't have empty folders statements. Tough luck...
* You can have equal files (same crc32 and/or same name) in different folders. Of course this can cause some trouble when a namechange happens.
* Set-Subfolder support is NOT the same as rompath-subfolder support. Think about it...you'll easily see the differences.
* Since samples don't have size or any hashvalue stored, clrmamepro's name check isn't used for samples. Now combined with samples in a subfolders, you can run into a missing sample sub\wav / unneeded sample wav issues.
* Some zipprograms add some special folder entry for subfolders. ClrMamePro doesn't and can optionally mark these space- asting structures as unneeded. The extra structure is NOT needed and is NOT zip standard anyway.
* Since it's the first release with set-subfolder support...test it ;) if you find something suspicious, lemme know. I can't see all possible sideeffects by now so it's your own risk to use it ;)
...and some more whatsnew....
* added: profiler->clear cache button
* misc: improved diskimage unneeded/wrong placed detection
* misc: dir2dat doesn't include 0-byte files
* misc: rebuilder beep is now a gobal setting
* misc: some minor changes to cache load/save and backupfolder routines and some minor text changes
* misc: replaced official buttonbar (old one is available in the buttons folder)
* misc: changed backup behaviour. Only zip backup'ed files if they were in a zip before. This prevents unneeded chd files from being zipped
* misc: changed rebuilder display from "x rebuilt | y skipped" to "x matched" since a match doesn't necessarily mean the file is being created.
* fixed: fixmessagebox doubles the character &
* fixed: rebuilder backup option wasn't used when working with zipped files. It used the settings backup..tsk tsk tsk ;)
* fixed: some uncatched exceptions in chd reading routines