Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectThe ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted bywildreamaster
Posted on01/02/05 11:25 AM



From http://unemulated.emuunlim.com/

2nd January, 2004
The ProGear Fiasco.........

Officially, right now I do not have ProGear. I HAD it, but sold it due to a large cash offer because I knew there was another one available which can be loaned to me if required. I've only just recently remembered to remove the texts from my site regarding having the PCB, about 2 weeks ago. I make no apologies for that.
Due to the recent fiasco with ProGear and it's dump being hoarded by the dumper, and a scum-sucking asshole named Jan Klass (author of FinalBurn Alpha) pasting logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more rumours, untruths and propoganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of the FACTS, there is now a 1 year delay on all new dumps. This time, everyone has just gone too far.
See you in a year.

Guru
-----------------------------------------------------------

2nd January, 2004 (few minutes later)
The ProGear Fiasco.........

Officially, right now I do not have ProGear. I HAD it, but sold it due to a large cash offer because I knew there was another one available which can be loaned to me if required. I've only just recently remembered to remove the texts from my site regarding having the PCB, about 2 weeks ago. I make no apologies for that.
Due to the recent fiasco with ProGear and it's dump being hoarded by the dumper, then the XORs suddenly released but with the graphics ROMs still being hoarded, and a scum-sucking piece of shit named Jan Klass (author of FinalBurn Alpha) pasting logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more rumours, untruths and Nazi propaganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of the FACTS (mostly because he was sore that I assisted ElSemi with Crystal System emulation in MAME when he wanted to do it, but was failing miserably after over 6 months of getting nowhere because he's not very good at reverse engineering arcade hardware), there is now a 1 year delay on all new dumps. This doesn't mean I'll be doing dumps and hoarding them, it means I will not be doing any dumping at all for 1 year. This time, everyone has just gone too far.
Assuming I still want to continue then, I'll see you in a year.

Guru

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now MAME Devs and other emu authors might focus on fixing bugs than addinng new games!

A entire year to get bugs fixed!



SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted byRoushiMSX
Posted on01/02/05 12:06 PM




> Now MAME Devs and other emu authors might focus on fixing bugs than addinng new
> games!
>
> A entire year to get bugs fixed!
>

That is the bright side to it, but I have the feeling that in the end most people will just bitch and whine about wanting to play Progear for ~5 minutes before they get bored of it and whine about wanting to play something else (like Puzz Loop 2)




SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted byJan_Klaassen
Posted on01/02/05 12:08 PM



Let me just say that there's little reverse engineering involved here since that system is fully documented and we have both lots of documentation and a gnu toolchain for the vrender0 chip (there's also some protection involved that's obviously not documented).




SubjectWow, 2 days into the new year and the Prima Donna wars have already started. new Reply to this message
Posted byDeath Knight
Posted on01/02/05 12:13 PM



I just have one thing to say regarding all of this.

LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP YOU UPTIGHT COCKGOBLINS! All this name calling and factioning is the most retarded notion ever put upon this silly little hobby of ours. We've all got our egos too far up our own asses here.

"Uuhh, i'm important because i can haxx0r cps2 boards."
"Uuhh, i'm important because i wrote an emu."
"Uuhh, i'm important because i can dump the romz."
"Uuhh, i'm important because i'm a mod."
etc.
etc.
etc.

You know what? We're nothing more than a bunch of geeks linked together through a hobby and the internet, this neverending dispute as to who shall be the über-geek of the week is simply pathetic. Seriously folks, this is but a small hobby in the multitude of our lives, stop taking it so goddamn fucking seriously.


Gives us a kiss precious.


SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted bySapin
Posted on01/02/05 12:34 PM



> That is the bright side to it, but I have the feeling that in the end most
> people will just bitch and whine about wanting to play Progear for ~5 minutes

"People" = five or six lifeless lossers, "people" who don't give the proper recognition of all dumpers/donators/devs/etc.

"People" <> 99.99999999% of real emu lovers, people who enjoy and recognizes all of the above.

It's always the same old story. I asume that devs/dumpers/etc are usually hig IQ people, so....why are they so pissed off because of "5 or 6" poor minded ones ?
That makes no sense.

I bet that there are 10 million happy users for every moaning one on the net.

There will always be that 5 or 6....so, it's up to us to live with this....who are the stronger ones ? 5 or 6 ... or.... the rest ?

I'm not a regular poster, but I always think this way and all this sh*t was the right moment to post it.

Thank you for all of your effort, you, devs/donators/dumpers.



SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted byXTale
Posted on01/02/05 12:35 PM



> From http://unemulated.emuunlim.com/
>
> 2nd January, 2004
> The ProGear Fiasco.........
[...]
> logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more rumours,
> untruths and propoganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of the FACTS,
-----------------------------------------------------------
>
> 2nd January, 2004 (few minutes later)
> The ProGear Fiasco.........
>
[...]> pasting logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more
> rumours, untruths and Nazi propaganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of
-----------------------------------------------------------

Seems that some people still have to put in a "Nazi" somewhere to show that they're really pissed of.
What would you all do without us Germans? :P




SubjectWho cares *nt* next in line please new Reply to this message
Posted byPr3tty F1y
Posted on01/02/05 01:13 PM



> From http://unemulated.emuunlim.com/
>
> 2nd January, 2004
> The ProGear Fiasco.........
>
> Officially, right now I do not have ProGear. I HAD it, but sold it due to a
> large cash offer because I knew there was another one available which can be
> loaned to me if required. I've only just recently remembered to remove the texts
> from my site regarding having the PCB, about 2 weeks ago. I make no apologies
> for that.
> Due to the recent fiasco with ProGear and it's dump being hoarded by the dumper,
> and a scum-sucking asshole named Jan Klass (author of FinalBurn Alpha) pasting
> logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more rumours,
> untruths and propoganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of the FACTS,
> there is now a 1 year delay on all new dumps. This time, everyone has just gone
> too far.
> See you in a year.
>
> Guru
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> 2nd January, 2004 (few minutes later)
> The ProGear Fiasco.........
>
> Officially, right now I do not have ProGear. I HAD it, but sold it due to a
> large cash offer because I knew there was another one available which can be
> loaned to me if required. I've only just recently remembered to remove the texts
> from my site regarding having the PCB, about 2 weeks ago. I make no apologies
> for that.
> Due to the recent fiasco with ProGear and it's dump being hoarded by the dumper,
> then the XORs suddenly released but with the graphics ROMs still being hoarded,
> and a scum-sucking piece of shit named Jan Klass (author of FinalBurn Alpha)
> pasting logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more
> rumours, untruths and Nazi propaganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of
> the FACTS (mostly because he was sore that I assisted ElSemi with Crystal System
> emulation in MAME when he wanted to do it, but was failing miserably after over
> 6 months of getting nowhere because he's not very good at reverse engineering
> arcade hardware), there is now a 1 year delay on all new dumps. This doesn't
> mean I'll be doing dumps and hoarding them, it means I will not be doing any
> dumping at all for 1 year. This time, everyone has just gone too far.
> Assuming I still want to continue then, I'll see you in a year.
>
> Guru
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Now MAME Devs and other emu authors might focus on fixing bugs than addinng new
> games!
>
> A entire year to get bugs fixed!
>



SubjectRe: Who cares - with added text new Reply to this message
Posted bynight_waxon
Posted on01/02/05 01:26 PM



I agree. What a bunch of fucking schoolkids, the lot of you. How people can get so worked up about emulation is an anathema to me and 99.99% of most normal people. Guru's "taking my ball home for a year post" is something my 4 your old son does. Don't dump anything for 10 years pal. See if I give a toss.




SubjectRe: Wow, 2 days into the new year and the Prima Donna wars have already started. new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/02/05 01:29 PM



> I just have one thing to say regarding all of this.
>
> LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP YOU UPTIGHT COCKGOBLINS! All this name calling and
> factioning is the most retarded notion ever put upon this silly little hobby of
> ours. We've all got our egos too far up our own asses here.
>
> "Uuhh, i'm important because i can haxx0r cps2 boards."
> "Uuhh, i'm important because i wrote an emu."
> "Uuhh, i'm important because i can dump the romz."
> "Uuhh, i'm important because i'm a mod."
> etc.
> etc.
> etc.

I don't think it's a matter of importance, it's about feeling pissed off. For example you feel pissed off when you've done a lot of work on something only to feel in some way unappreciated


> You know what? We're nothing more than a bunch of geeks linked together through
> a hobby and the internet, this neverending dispute as to who shall be the
> über-geek of the week is simply pathetic. Seriously folks, this is but a small
> hobby in the multitude of our lives, stop taking it so goddamn fucking
> seriously.

To some people it might be a hobby but it's very distracting which is why people can get quite worked up about things, and if you put a lot of your (free) time into it only for someone else to slag you off, it's quite bad, you feel incredibly bitter. Also I don't think it's about being an uber-geek of the week at all, sometimes you just want to get on with it and NOT have to be the centre of attention.


"You've just got to love those earnest,nerdy types.(They're great in bed.)" - Shirley Manson



SubjectNew Year's Name suggestion for M.A.M.E.... new Reply to this message
Posted byBBQmyNUTZ
Posted on01/02/05 01:34 PM



> From http://unemulated.emuunlim.com/
>
> 2nd January, 2004
> The ProGear Fiasco.........
>
> Officially, right now I do not have ProGear. I HAD it, but sold it due to a
> large cash offer because I knew there was another one available which can be
> loaned to me if required. I've only just recently remembered to remove the texts
> from my site regarding having the PCB, about 2 weeks ago. I make no apologies
> for that.
> Due to the recent fiasco with ProGear and it's dump being hoarded by the dumper,
> and a scum-sucking asshole named Jan Klass (author of FinalBurn Alpha) pasting
> logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more rumours,
> untruths and propoganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of the FACTS,
> there is now a 1 year delay on all new dumps. This time, everyone has just gone
> too far.
> See you in a year.
>
> Guru
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> 2nd January, 2004 (few minutes later)
> The ProGear Fiasco.........
>
> Officially, right now I do not have ProGear. I HAD it, but sold it due to a
> large cash offer because I knew there was another one available which can be
> loaned to me if required. I've only just recently remembered to remove the texts
> from my site regarding having the PCB, about 2 weeks ago. I make no apologies
> for that.
> Due to the recent fiasco with ProGear and it's dump being hoarded by the dumper,
> then the XORs suddenly released but with the graphics ROMs still being hoarded,
> and a scum-sucking piece of shit named Jan Klass (author of FinalBurn Alpha)
> pasting logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more
> rumours, untruths and Nazi propaganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of
> the FACTS (mostly because he was sore that I assisted ElSemi with Crystal System
> emulation in MAME when he wanted to do it, but was failing miserably after over
> 6 months of getting nowhere because he's not very good at reverse engineering
> arcade hardware), there is now a 1 year delay on all new dumps. This doesn't
> mean I'll be doing dumps and hoarding them, it means I will not be doing any
> dumping at all for 1 year. This time, everyone has just gone too far.
> Assuming I still want to continue then, I'll see you in a year.
>
> Guru
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Now MAME Devs and other emu authors might focus on fixing bugs than addinng new
> games!
>
> A entire year to get bugs fixed!
>

T.B.V.E

The Bleeding Vagina Emulator

Anyone else get the impression that Mame is being developed and supported by 40 year old women with yeast infections instead of 20-30 something men?

Burn the maxipads and start acting like mature adults, yah tools. If I could do it, so can you.

Kai


SubjectRe: Who cares - with added text new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/02/05 01:37 PM



> I agree. What a bunch of fucking schoolkids, the lot of you. How people can get
> so worked up about emulation is an anathema to me and 99.99% of most normal
> people.

You answered your question there actually. Have you ever done anything important in the work of emulation? No, so you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Just keep playing the gamez and keep out of politics why don't you


> Guru's "taking my ball home for a year post" is something my 4 your old
> son does. Don't dump anything for 10 years pal. See if I give a toss.



"You've just got to love those earnest,nerdy types.(They're great in bed.)" - Shirley Manson



SubjectLeft with nothing else to attack... Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/02/05 01:44 PM




Left with nothing else to attack, the emu scene of 2005 turns in itself and attacks the final safe haven of emulation: the MAME project itself...


"You've just got to love those earnest,nerdy types.(They're great in bed.)" - Shirley Manson



SubjectJustify or delete. new Reply to this message
Posted byBBQmyNUTZ
Posted on01/02/05 01:47 PM



> > I agree. What a bunch of fucking schoolkids, the lot of you. How people can
> get
> > so worked up about emulation is an anathema to me and 99.99% of most normal
> > people.
>
> You answered your question there actually. Have you ever done anything important
> in the work of emulation? No, so you have absolutely no idea what you are
> talking about.
>
> Just keep playing the gamez and keep out of politics why don't you
>

The smart generally avoid politics altogether, regardless of what their contributions are. The fact that some of you clowns created "emu-scene politics" in the first place is a testament to your immaturity and/or outright stupidity.

Kai




Subjecthttp://www.kotex.com/na/products/product.asp?h=tp new Reply to this message
Posted byBBQmyNUTZ
Posted on01/02/05 01:50 PM



>
> Left with nothing else to attack, the emu scene of 2005 turns in itself and
> attacks the final safe haven of emulation: the MAME project itself...
>
>
> "You've just got to love those earnest,nerdy types.(They're great in bed.)" -
> Shirley Manson
>

Stop the bleeding, vaginas.

Kai






SubjectAnother year and CPS2 is still causing grief new Reply to this message
Posted byIceMan
Posted on01/02/05 01:56 PM



I feel we've been here before :-P




SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted byRenegade
Posted on01/02/05 01:59 PM



> From http://unemulated.emuunlim.com/
> 2nd January, 2004 (few minutes later)
> The ProGear Fiasco.........
> This doesn't
> mean I'll be doing dumps and hoarding them, it means I will not be doing any
> dumping at all for 1 year. This time, everyone has just gone too far.
> Assuming I still want to continue then, I'll see you in a year.
>
> Guru
>

So assuming this is true will Guru be taking all the equipment and monies donated donated to him and either pass them on to the next person willing to dump the roms or sell it and take the money and donate it back to the Mame dumping project so other equipment or PCBs can be bought and dumped?

Childish question?? yep but with all the childish behavior I thought it only fitting....

Renegade

Hey! seen the new game called Asteroids ?!?!
http://mamefan.freeservers.com/


Subjectdk's right new Reply to this message
Posted byskydoune
Posted on01/02/05 02:10 PM



> I don't think it's a matter of importance, it's about feeling pissed off. For
> example you feel pissed off when you've done a lot of work on something only to
> feel in some way unappreciated

It's still amazing to see what a few people can do. I mean, there's tons of people not writing on emu boards that uses emus, they just stay anonymous, use the emu and enjoy it. Some people just seem to forget those, you don't have to write on a message board or write to an emu author to use and enjoy an emu, or rom release for this matter, not everybody cares about emupolitics. But then again, some do write, and a part of those ones who write aren't happy about those things, and that's when people go like "no one is respecting me, everybody is against me, that's it, I'm quitting da skene!". I mean damn, they are taking this stuff way too seriously.

Of course there will be people who won't be happy with your work, even if you build a machine that will bring world peace a lil bunch of them will tell you you're an a**. It's like when you're in school, everybody applause after you finish an oral speech or something, and there's a bully in the back that gives you the finger, why only think about this guy and feel unappreciated?

And why is it that important in first place? That's where I agree with DK.

I mean damn, grown men can take critisicm, kids just start crying and go hide in their little corner. Grow up people. Bush didn't quit da politics skene because 3/4 of the world hates him.


Testing underwear in outer space


SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted byDutch
Posted on01/02/05 04:35 PM






(h1)


Subjectthe most important thing to remember... new Reply to this message
Posted byihatemyself
Posted on01/02/05 05:32 PM



nesticle has a hairy testicle for an icon


SubjectOMG! What rock you been hiding under? --nt-- new Reply to this message
Posted byMr. Do
Posted on01/02/05 05:39 PM



When was the last Dutch newspost? ;-)


RELAX and just have fun.
Remember, it's all about the games.
Mr. Do!'s Arcade


Subjectyou know what's their problem ? new Reply to this message
Posted byTi-BOne
Posted on01/02/05 05:46 PM



i am too good looking.


---------------------



SubjectRe: OMG! What rock you been hiding under? --nt-- new Reply to this message
Posted byDutch
Posted on01/02/05 06:44 PM



I never really quit the scene - it's so overrated. :)


> When was the last Dutch newspost? ;-)
>
>
> RELAX and just have fun.
> Remember, it's all about the games.
> Mr. Do!'s Arcade
>


(h1)


SubjectPermission to use 70's show quote for a burn: GRANTED. NT new Reply to this message
Posted byDeath Knight
Posted on01/02/05 08:29 PM



> i am too good looking.
>
>
> ---------------------
>



Gives us a kiss precious.


SubjectRe: Justify or delete. new Reply to this message
Posted byJohnick
Posted on01/02/05 09:31 PM



> The smart generally avoid politics altogether, regardless of what their
> contributions are.
>The fact that some of you clowns created "emu-scene
> politics" in the first place is a testament to your immaturity and/or outright
> stupidity.
>
> Kai
>

Now now Kai, thats not 100% true. If you mean "i never gave a fuck" then i disagree. If memory serves you (like me) were also a donator to cps2shock under your old "HeHateMe" handle, and you were very vocal about the situation, but if you mean "i dont give a fuck anymore" then i totally agree.

I have never been less interested in emulation then i am now. The only thing in the last 2 years that remotley stirred my attention was GiriGiri and to a lesser degree Chankast. With GiriGiri being a commercial emu there little room for development, when the Saturn equivalent of EpsxE comes along then ill give a fuck. As for Chankast, its impressive but ive already got 2 real DC's, and my rig isnt quite fast enough for most games on it. If they add Kalierra or some other form of netplay to it though then i really will be considering an upgrade, playing 3rd Strike online would be great.

But as of right now, with games like MGS3 and Rumble Roses theres just way too many good games on the Ps2. It will take something special for emulation to drag me away.



http://www.emuchrist.org



SubjectDK tells it like it is [nt] good man new Reply to this message
Posted byJoffeman
Posted on01/02/05 10:02 PM



> I just have one thing to say regarding all of this.
>
> LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP YOU UPTIGHT COCKGOBLINS! All this name calling and
> factioning is the most retarded notion ever put upon this silly little hobby of
> ours. We've all got our egos too far up our own asses here.
>
> "Uuhh, i'm important because i can haxx0r cps2 boards."
> "Uuhh, i'm important because i wrote an emu."
> "Uuhh, i'm important because i can dump the romz."
> "Uuhh, i'm important because i'm a mod."
> etc.
> etc.
> etc.
>
> You know what? We're nothing more than a bunch of geeks linked together through
> a hobby and the internet, this neverending dispute as to who shall be the
> über-geek of the week is simply pathetic. Seriously folks, this is but a small
> hobby in the multitude of our lives, stop taking it so goddamn fucking
> seriously.
>
>
> Gives us a kiss precious.
>


j


SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted byR. Belmont
Posted on01/02/05 10:10 PM



> Let me just say that there's little reverse engineering involved here since that
> system is fully documented and we have both lots of documentation and a gnu
> toolchain for the vrender0 chip

Documentation or not it was still a lot of work and ElSemi did his usual excellent job, including the MAME port a few days later. Look on the bright side - when the next MAME comes out you can just port the cores and driver to FBA and be back on the cutting edge of crappy Final Fight clones ;-)





SubjectRe: Justify or delete. new Reply to this message
Posted byBBQmyNUTZ
Posted on01/02/05 10:56 PM



> > The smart generally avoid politics altogether, regardless of what their
> > contributions are.
> >The fact that some of you clowns created "emu-scene
> > politics" in the first place is a testament to your immaturity and/or outright
> > stupidity.
> >
> > Kai
> >
>
> Now now Kai, thats not 100% true. If you mean "i never gave a fuck" then i
> disagree. If memory serves you (like me) were also a donator to cps2shock under
> your old "HeHateMe" handle, and you were very vocal about the situation, but if
> you mean "i dont give a fuck anymore" then i totally agree.
>
> I have never been less interested in emulation then i am now. The only thing in
> the last 2 years that remotley stirred my attention was GiriGiri and to a lesser
> degree Chankast. With GiriGiri being a commercial emu there little room for
> development, when the Saturn equivalent of EpsxE comes along then ill give a
> fuck. As for Chankast, its impressive but ive already got 2 real DC's, and my
> rig isnt quite fast enough for most games on it. If they add Kalierra or some
> other form of netplay to it though then i really will be considering an upgrade,
> playing 3rd Strike online would be great.
>
> But as of right now, with games like MGS3 and Rumble Roses theres just way too
> many good games on the Ps2. It will take something special for emulation to drag
> me away.
>
>
>
> http://www.emuchrist.org
>


The idealism and stupidity that prompted my contribution to Ra$h0000la's hash fund had nothing to do with politics, it had to do with getting shit emulated that actually needed to be preserved.

I was always vocal about the silly crap that devs and their devpr0ts cook up to make what should be an enjoyable hobby into a hell of their own making. Nowadays, I couldn't really give a damn, but I'm just too immature to resist throwing in an "I told you so" every now and again. Thankfully, most of these tools are so corrupt and full of themselves I'm rarely if ever wrong.

Kai




Subjectheh nice anaology -n-t plaguerized new Reply to this message
Posted bySnowball 2
Posted on01/02/05 11:05 PM



> I agree. What a bunch of fucking schoolkids, the lot of you. How people can get
> so worked up about emulation is an anathema to me and 99.99% of most normal
> people. Guru's "taking my ball home for a year post" is something my 4 your old
> son does. Don't dump anything for 10 years pal. See if I give a toss.
>







SubjectOMG!, Roms for ransom -nt- give a fuck new Reply to this message
Posted byJohnick
Posted on01/02/05 11:14 PM



> From http://unemulated.emuunlim.com/
>
> 2nd January, 2004
> The ProGear Fiasco.........
>
> Officially, right now I do not have ProGear. I HAD it, but sold it due to a
> large cash offer because I knew there was another one available which can be
> loaned to me if required. I've only just recently remembered to remove the texts
> from my site regarding having the PCB, about 2 weeks ago. I make no apologies
> for that.
> Due to the recent fiasco with ProGear and it's dump being hoarded by the dumper,
> and a scum-sucking asshole named Jan Klass (author of FinalBurn Alpha) pasting
> logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more rumours,
> untruths and propoganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of the FACTS,
> there is now a 1 year delay on all new dumps. This time, everyone has just gone
> too far.
> See you in a year.
>
> Guru
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> 2nd January, 2004 (few minutes later)
> The ProGear Fiasco.........
>
> Officially, right now I do not have ProGear. I HAD it, but sold it due to a
> large cash offer because I knew there was another one available which can be
> loaned to me if required. I've only just recently remembered to remove the texts
> from my site regarding having the PCB, about 2 weeks ago. I make no apologies
> for that.
> Due to the recent fiasco with ProGear and it's dump being hoarded by the dumper,
> then the XORs suddenly released but with the graphics ROMs still being hoarded,
> and a scum-sucking piece of shit named Jan Klass (author of FinalBurn Alpha)
> pasting logs from an IRC channel I was on to Razoola and spreading even more
> rumours, untruths and Nazi propaganda with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of
> the FACTS (mostly because he was sore that I assisted ElSemi with Crystal System
> emulation in MAME when he wanted to do it, but was failing miserably after over
> 6 months of getting nowhere because he's not very good at reverse engineering
> arcade hardware), there is now a 1 year delay on all new dumps. This doesn't
> mean I'll be doing dumps and hoarding them, it means I will not be doing any
> dumping at all for 1 year. This time, everyone has just gone too far.
> Assuming I still want to continue then, I'll see you in a year.
>
> Guru
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Now MAME Devs and other emu authors might focus on fixing bugs than addinng new
> games!
>
> A entire year to get bugs fixed!
>




http://www.emuchrist.org



SubjectRe: Justify or delete. new Reply to this message
Posted byTechrat 2004
Posted on01/03/05 00:53 AM



> > > The smart generally avoid politics altogether, regardless of what their
> > > contributions are.
> > >The fact that some of you clowns created "emu-scene
> > > politics" in the first place is a testament to your immaturity and/or
> outright
> > > stupidity.
> > >
> > > Kai
> > >
> >
> > Now now Kai, thats not 100% true. If you mean "i never gave a fuck" then i
> > disagree. If memory serves you (like me) were also a donator to cps2shock
> under
> > your old "HeHateMe" handle, and you were very vocal about the situation, but
> if
> > you mean "i dont give a fuck anymore" then i totally agree.
> >
> > I have never been less interested in emulation then i am now. The only thing
> in
> > the last 2 years that remotley stirred my attention was GiriGiri and to a
> lesser
> > degree Chankast. With GiriGiri being a commercial emu there little room for
> > development, when the Saturn equivalent of EpsxE comes along then ill give a
> > fuck. As for Chankast, its impressive but ive already got 2 real DC's, and my
> > rig isnt quite fast enough for most games on it. If they add Kalierra or some
> > other form of netplay to it though then i really will be considering an
> upgrade,
> > playing 3rd Strike online would be great.
> >
> > But as of right now, with games like MGS3 and Rumble Roses theres just way too
> > many good games on the Ps2. It will take something special for emulation to
> drag
> > me away.
> >
> >
> >
> > http://www.emuchrist.org
> >
>
>
> The idealism and stupidity that prompted my contribution to Ra$h0000la's hash
> fund had nothing to do with politics, it had to do with getting shit emulated
> that actually needed to be preserved.
>
> I was always vocal about the silly crap that devs and their devpr0ts cook up to
> make what should be an enjoyable hobby into a hell of their own making.
> Nowadays, I couldn't really give a damn, but I'm just too immature to resist
> throwing in an "I told you so" every now and again. Thankfully, most of these
> tools are so corrupt and full of themselves I'm rarely if ever wrong.
>
> Kai
>

I'm still debating sending money to Razoola, I told him I would but after the stuff that happened, I decided to wait... I'll have to think about it, not that I was going to donate a ton of money...

I'm happy with what I've gotten, while I could get mad if a game I really like were hoarded, it wouldn't make the game get dumped or worked on, as I get older, I get happier with what I have...Heck my 'ancient' 333 MHZ system with it's ".39b6" MAME has over 75% of what I want... There's little for me to look for every release, but releases like Turbo OutRun make me happy...
My point being that since I'm so happy, issues like this don't bother me like they used to, maybe I'm maturing as I get older...




Not! LOL :)




SubjectBut But new Reply to this message
Posted byTechrat 2004
Posted on01/03/05 01:21 AM



What'll I do if I can't get Progear, I mean, I won't have every MAME ROM, and what's life without having every single MAME ROM?

Nah, I'll just play the 2100 MAME ROMs I have *actually I barely play 200 in my Favorites foldre*, or the hundreds of pins I have emulated, or SNES, NES, Genesis, Atari 2600, Commodore 64 games, or my Dreamcast, Playstation, or Gamecube games, or maybe I'll do something not gaming related...




SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted byJan_Klaassen
Posted on01/03/05 02:41 AM



> > Let me just say that there's little reverse engineering involved here since
> that
> > system is fully documented and we have both lots of documentation and a gnu
> > toolchain for the vrender0 chip
>
> Documentation or not it was still a lot of work and ElSemi did his usual
> excellent job, including the MAME port a few days later.

Ofcourse he did, the above wasn't intended as a put-down. And, for the record, I have no problem with his driver being in MAME.

> Look on the bright
> side - when the next MAME comes out you can just port the cores and driver to
> FBA and be back on the cutting edge of crappy Final Fight clones ;-)

The sad part is that I actually don't even like Final Fight (or Street Fighter), I prefer shooters. :)

Ofcourse I do have my own se3208 core already, but since that's written for MAME it would still need to be ported. Bleh.

0000B8F8: leri 0x0000 <0x00000000>
0000B8FA: leri 0x0BF3 <0x00000BF3>
0000B8FC: ldi 0x0000BF3C, %r3
0000B8FE: leri 0x0080 <0x00000080>
0000B900: leri 0x0000 <0x00200000>
0000B902: ldi 0x02000000, %r1
0000B904: cmp %r3, %r1
0000B906: jz 26 <0x0000B922>
0000B908: leri 0x0080 <0x00000080>
0000B90A: leri 0x0008 <0x00200008>
0000B90C: ldi 0x02000088, %r4
0000B90E: cmp %r4, %r1
0000B910: jz 16 <0x0000B922>
0000B912: sub %r4, %r1, %r6
0000B914: add %r3, %r6, %r3
0000B916: sub %r3, 1, %r3
0000B918: sub %r4, 1, %r4
0000B91A: ldb (%r3), %r2
0000B91C: stb %r2, (%r4)
0000B91E: sub %r6, 1, %r6
0000B920: jnz -12 <0x0000B916>


etc. ad nauseam




SubjectRe: dk's right new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/03/05 08:27 AM



> > I don't think it's a matter of importance, it's about feeling pissed off. For
> > example you feel pissed off when you've done a lot of work on something only
> to
> > feel in some way unappreciated
>
> It's still amazing to see what a few people can do. I mean, there's tons of
> people not writing on emu boards that uses emus, they just stay anonymous, use
> the emu and enjoy it. Some people just seem to forget those, you don't have to
> write on a message board or write to an emu author to use and enjoy an emu, or
> rom release for this matter, not everybody cares about emupolitics. But then
> again, some do write, and a part of those ones who write aren't happy about
> those things, and that's when people go like "no one is respecting me, everybody
> is against me, that's it, I'm quitting da skene!". I mean damn, they are taking
> this stuff way too seriously.
>
> Of course there will be people who won't be happy with your work, even if you
> build a machine that will bring world peace a lil bunch of them will tell you
> you're an a**. It's like when you're in school, everybody applause after you
> finish an oral speech or something, and there's a bully in the back that gives
> you the finger, why only think about this guy and feel unappreciated?
>
> And why is it that important in first place? That's where I agree with DK.
>
> I mean damn, grown men can take critisicm, kids just start crying and go hide in
> their little corner. Grow up people. Bush didn't quit da politics skene because
> 3/4 of the world hates him.


Like I say you really have no idea what you are talking about! Try doing a fraction of the stuff any of the people we are talking about in this thread have done, and then you might be qualified to comment. If all you've done is played a few games in Nebula on your dad's PC then you have no idea at all, please don't bother clogging up message boards with your opinions.


"You've just got to love those earnest,nerdy types.(They're great in bed.)" - Shirley Manson



SubjectThis is exactly the attitude i'm talking about dayvee... new Reply to this message
Posted byDeath Knight
Posted on01/03/05 09:27 AM



> Like I say you really have no idea what you are talking about! Try doing a
> fraction of the stuff any of the people we are talking about in this thread have
> done, and then you might be qualified to comment. If all you've done is played a
> few games in Nebula on your dad's PC then you have no idea at all, please don't
> bother clogging up message boards with your opinions.
>
>
You wrote an emu? Good for you. You can dump roms? Good for you.
And good for us all.
But the minute you start whining like a little bitch because somebody doesn't appreciate you and start acting "i wrote an emu, you didn't, you don't know what it's like, wha wha wha wha!", you lose the credibility your work had given you.

Face it buddy, we're the audience to this silly gameshow, without us, you wouldn't even know if anybody gives a shit or not, and obviously you all care way too much if people don't.

Please, stop acting like a goddamn immature brat and either come up with a decent arguement or go get your ass banned again so we can laugh at you.


Gives us a kiss precious.


SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted byjoyrider
Posted on01/03/05 10:40 AM



How come things like that get out in public anyway. I mean if all those discussion on irc are done in private channels with only the people that need to know involved things wouldn't get so bad cause people wouldn't know and wouldn't start writing or giving comments about it on any msgboard.
Of course it's possible that someone just turns their back on you or that backstabbing still occurs but u just deal with it in a private matter without the public knowing. Even if that person attacks publicly just ignore him, eventually noone will listen to him and he'll be forgotten after a few weeks anyway. (not pointing fingers at anyone cause i got no clue about the whole affair, but generally speaking)


Subjectthat code is looking mad phat [nt] i wanna hex you up new Reply to this message
Posted byJoffeman
Posted on01/03/05 12:58 PM



> > > Let me just say that there's little reverse engineering involved here since
> > that
> > > system is fully documented and we have both lots of documentation and a gnu
> > > toolchain for the vrender0 chip
> >
> > Documentation or not it was still a lot of work and ElSemi did his usual
> > excellent job, including the MAME port a few days later.
>
> Ofcourse he did, the above wasn't intended as a put-down. And, for the record, I
> have no problem with his driver being in MAME.
>
> > Look on the bright
> > side - when the next MAME comes out you can just port the cores and driver to
> > FBA and be back on the cutting edge of crappy Final Fight clones ;-)
>
> The sad part is that I actually don't even like Final Fight (or Street Fighter),
> I prefer shooters. :)
>
> Ofcourse I do have my own se3208 core already, but since that's written for MAME
> it would still need to be ported. Bleh.
>
> 0000B8F8: leri 0x0000 <0x00000000>
> 0000B8FA: leri 0x0BF3 <0x00000BF3>
> 0000B8FC: ldi 0x0000BF3C, %r3
> 0000B8FE: leri 0x0080 <0x00000080>
> 0000B900: leri 0x0000 <0x00200000>
> 0000B902: ldi 0x02000000, %r1
> 0000B904: cmp %r3, %r1
> 0000B906: jz 26 <0x0000B922>
> 0000B908: leri 0x0080 <0x00000080>
> 0000B90A: leri 0x0008 <0x00200008>
> 0000B90C: ldi 0x02000088, %r4
> 0000B90E: cmp %r4, %r1
> 0000B910: jz 16 <0x0000B922>
> 0000B912: sub %r4, %r1, %r6
> 0000B914: add %r3, %r6, %r3
> 0000B916: sub %r3, 1, %r3
> 0000B918: sub %r4, 1, %r4
> 0000B91A: ldb (%r3), %r2
> 0000B91C: stb %r2, (%r4)
> 0000B91E: sub %r6, 1, %r6
> 0000B920: jnz -12 <0x0000B916>
>
> etc. ad nauseam
>


j


SubjectI know what I'm talking about new Reply to this message
Posted byskydoune
Posted on01/03/05 01:15 PM



> Like I say you really have no idea what you are talking about! Try doing a
> fraction of the stuff any of the people we are talking about in this thread have
> done, and then you might be qualified to comment. If all you've done is played a
> few games in Nebula on your dad's PC then you have no idea at all, please don't
> bother clogging up message boards with your opinions.
>

To some people it might seems weird, but I have a life. Guess what, I do stuff in that life. Maybe I haven't written an emu and I might not be as leet as you, BUT, you don't have to do something for this "scene" to get bashed by a group of people. Hell, I used to make furniture, some of it appeared in art gallery. Did people like it, yes, did some people didn't, yes, did some people blantly told me it was shit, yes, am I a grown man, yes, did I cry went in my corner and said that people don't respect me enough, NO. Criticism, good or bad comments, it good to me, it only gives you hints, then you take some of it, the rest, why care so much about it. That's merely an example, yet again. And if it's so important to get a "coder's example", some of my friends are, and they didn't have an ego attitude and bitch about not getting recognition, and they've been through a lot, even problems with federal authorities.

Meh, I already gave you examples of it and you didn't get the idea. This shit applies to so much stuff, but when I see "no no you have no idea what you're talking about, do what I did then we'll talk" like if certain feelings can only be felt when you're an emu coder or rom dumper, I kinda fell sorry to see some people seem to forget there's a life beyond emu and message boards and that the same shit happens everyday to tons of people.

Oh and for the record, my dad never had a pc, I bought my own years before renaming rom files. OH SNAP


Testing underwear in outer space


SubjectRe: This is exactly the attitude i'm talking about dayvee... new Reply to this message
Posted byR. Belmont
Posted on01/03/05 02:15 PM



And you are displaying exactly the attitude dayvee is talking about. Emulation could (and did, for us long-timers) exist just fine without the mass audience. The audience, OTOH, is nowhere without devs and dumpers. You have no power. Get over it.




Subjectthen new Reply to this message
Posted byskydoune
Posted on01/03/05 03:04 PM



> Emulation
> could (and did, for us long-timers) exist just fine without the mass audience.

just do it and stop caring about people bitching your work


Testing underwear in outer space


SubjectRe: This is exactly the attitude i'm talking about dayvee... new Reply to this message
Posted byBBQmyNUTZ
Posted on01/03/05 03:57 PM



> You have no power.
> Get over it.
>

Except to make hypersensitive devs quit and those with slightly less bloody glory holes to whine and complain. That's a power I can never get over. =P

Kai




SubjectI don't believe i am... new Reply to this message
Posted byDeath Knight
Posted on01/03/05 03:58 PM



> And you are displaying exactly the attitude dayvee is talking about. Emulation
> could (and did, for us long-timers) exist just fine without the mass audience.
> The audience, OTOH, is nowhere without devs and dumpers. You have no power.
> Get over it.
>
I'm not the kind of guy to completly disregard someone's contribution to something, i only do so after said people prove to be whiny attention grabbing bitches.

And you're wrong in your claim, if the masses didn't have any power, they you all wouldn't give a shit about what anybody says, then this whole debauchery wouldn't even happen.
It just seems to me that nowadays, if you do something, you do it expecting people to praise you, if said praise doesn't come, or if criticism comes along with it, you bitch and moan about how everyone's an ingrate and this and that.

It's a shame, but apparently many devs and dumpers work solely because they're being validated, stop doing that and you get the "i'm quitting the sk3ne!" comments.

I'm not directing any of this at you personally Belmont, since as far as i can remember, you've always showed some maturity in business such as this, but i can't understand the loyalty to immature behavior like guru's.



Gives us a kiss precious.


SubjectRe: I don't believe i am... new Reply to this message
Posted byR. Belmont
Posted on01/03/05 04:38 PM



Understood. I'm not defending Guru especially - I think everyone knows by now how Raz operates and what to expect, so being shocked by Raz doing normal Raz things seems silly.

What I was more aiming at is the torch some people are still carrying for Dayvee. He's been irrelevant for years now and yet folks who don't otherwise post at all jump all over him every time he appears. Please get over it already.




SubjectPhoenix sound would be nice... new Reply to this message
Posted byProphet (RG)
Posted on01/03/05 04:51 PM



> Now MAME Devs and other emu authors might focus on fixing bugs than addinng new
> games!
>
> A entire year to get bugs fixed!
>

Speaking as someone who loves MAME, yet hasn't really kept up with MAME for about 6 months now... That would be kinda nice if some old stuff could get fixed as a result of a dumping slowdown (which probably won't happen anyway), like Asteroids sound and Phoenix sound etc. Assuming they haven't already done those??? I've not been keeping up lately... :-/ I'll get back up-to-date eventually...

And you gotta hand it to CPS2 emulation - nothing causes trouble like the good ol' CPS2 romzzz, I don't think NeoGeo even caused that much trouble. Hehe.

-Prophet-
www.retrogames.com


SubjectRe: Phoenix sound would be nice... new Reply to this message
Posted bySune_S
Posted on01/03/05 05:18 PM



> Speaking as someone who loves MAME, yet hasn't really kept up with MAME for
> about 6 months now... That would be kinda nice if some old stuff could get fixed
> as a result of a dumping slowdown (which probably won't happen anyway), like
> Asteroids sound (...)

You are in for a pleasant surprise.

-Sune




SubjectRe: Phoenix sound would be nice... new Reply to this message
Posted byTwisty
Posted on01/03/05 05:21 PM



> like Asteroids sound and Phoenix sound etc. Assuming they haven't already done
> those???

I'm pretty sure Asteroids has already been worked on and sounds quite accurate now (although maybe it still needs more work?). And Phoenix is on Derrick Renaud's to-do list AFAIK. I think he'll be sent some needed schems soon because Smitty recently won an auction for them. So that should hopefully pan out soon enough.






SubjectCyclone is still relevent... :) new Reply to this message
Posted byProphet (RG)
Posted on01/03/05 05:36 PM



> Understood. I'm not defending Guru especially - I think everyone knows by now
> how Raz operates and what to expect, so being shocked by Raz doing normal Raz
> things seems silly.
>
> What I was more aiming at is the torch some people are still carrying for
> Dayvee. He's been irrelevant for years now and yet folks who don't otherwise
> post at all jump all over him every time he appears. Please get over it
> already.
>

Dayvee is still very relevent in some circles. His ARM ASM Cyclone core made for a fantastic Genesis emulator on GP32 recently for example. DrMD by Reesy. Really good stuff.

Just interjecting a bit of trivia. ;)

-Prophet-
www.retrogames.com


SubjectEmulation is back!!! -mt- THIS is more like it. new Reply to this message
Posted byRomGirl
Posted on01/03/05 05:37 PM



It's been too quiet lately.



SubjectRe: The ProGear Fiasco......... new Reply to this message
Posted bySatsuNoHiTo
Posted on01/03/05 07:08 PM



http://www.retrogames.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/newpost.pl?Board=cps2&page=0&view=expanded&mode=threaded&sb=7




SubjectHere's the answer new Reply to this message
Posted byitchyNADZ
Posted on01/03/05 09:49 PM






I am too good looking










SubjectI play Sparcade new Reply to this message
Posted byitchyNADZ
Posted on01/03/05 09:59 PM




I pieced together an old PC:

486DX4/100
32 megs EDO RAM
120 meg HD
ATI Graphics Ultra Pro
DOS 5

I play Sparcade on it. The sounds and gameplay of every
game are just about spot on perfect, especially Galaxian.








SubjectGermans rock new Reply to this message
Posted byitchyNADZ
Posted on01/03/05 10:01 PM



My brother lives there, and my girlfriend is German.









SubjectOh, Yori *nt* YESYESYESYES new Reply to this message
Posted bywildcat
Posted on01/03/05 11:31 PM



2.125-way (get a Bit involved)




Subjectand they love David Hasselhof, or so I've heard . -nt- new Reply to this message
Posted byBuveed
Posted on01/04/05 00:03 AM



> My brother lives there, and my girlfriend is German.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>





SubjectRe: Phoenix sound would be nice... new Reply to this message
Posted byTechrat 2004
Posted on01/04/05 00:27 AM



Reminds me of Wizard of Wor voice/sound, Buggy Boy *SOB*, and CPS3.
At least some System 16 games *i.e., Action Fighter* is getting worked on...
And my list of games I want to see emulated keeps getting shorter...
I wonder what'll be last, CPS3 *I.E. Street Fighter 3* or Buggy Boy? At least I have Street Fighter 3 Double Impact for my Deadcast 'er Dreamcast...


Oh yeah, music in Pleiades. I remember there being music *at least on the DECO Cassette version, it didn't fit the game, IMSHO but I miss it...

I wonder what the problem is, unemulated MCU or something?

*goes to play a game of it in MAME*


SubjectOMG A/S/L!? -nt- ^_^; new Reply to this message
Posted bySatsuNoHiTo
Posted on01/04/05 03:37 AM



shove it




Subjectmarry me new Reply to this message
Posted byskydoune
Posted on01/04/05 03:47 AM



just spreading the uber geek image


SubjectRe: Cyclone is still relevent... :) new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/04/05 07:55 AM



> > Understood. I'm not defending Guru especially - I think everyone knows by now
> > how Raz operates and what to expect, so being shocked by Raz doing normal Raz
> > things seems silly.
> >
> > What I was more aiming at is the torch some people are still carrying for
> > Dayvee. He's been irrelevant for years now and yet folks who don't otherwise
> > post at all jump all over him every time he appears. Please get over it
> > already.
> >
>
> Dayvee is still very relevent in some circles. His ARM ASM Cyclone core made for
> a fantastic Genesis emulator on GP32 recently for example. DrMD by Reesy. Really
> good stuff.

Shhhhh - don't tell anyone, all the lamers will head straight on over to gp32x and start whinging about how Mr. Mirko said he was going to release his SDK on day x and it's now day y or something!

I do nothing useful in emulation anymore and let's just keep it that way ;-)
(Lamers don't have GP32s and Zodiacs... yet!)


"You've just got to love those earnest,nerdy types.(They're great in bed.)" - Shirley Manson



SubjectRe: This is exactly the attitude i'm talking about dayvee... new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/04/05 08:05 AM



> > You have no power.
> > Get over it.
> >
>
> Except to make hypersensitive devs quit and those with slightly less bloody
> glory holes to whine and complain. That's a power I can never get over. =P

Yes and it's quite sad

>
> Kai
>


"You've just got to love those earnest,nerdy types.(They're great in bed.)" - Shirley Manson



SubjectRe: then new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/04/05 08:11 AM



> > Emulation
> > could (and did, for us long-timers) exist just fine without the mass audience.
>
>
> just do it and stop caring about people bitching your work

Not sure of your point here. You don't appear to have one.

Original point: Emulation could exist just fine if certain people stopped posting pointless stuff to inflame situations on news sites (historically) and message boards (NOW).

When people do post these comments certain devs, who spend there free time and money working on this stuff, get pissed off and decide to do other things involving Real-Life (TM) and not involving bits of emulation code or arcade boards. So emulation exists fine without people bitching about it.

Hence "Emulation could (and did, for us long-timers) exist just fine without the mass audience".
Solution: quit bitching.


"You've just got to love those earnest,nerdy types.(They're great in bed.)" - Shirley Manson



Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode