Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectI'm not *that* dense! new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/06/05 05:50 AM



(...I have coded a few emus after all!)

> > It's still brain surgery to me - I don't get it.
> > If Raz had a board, why does it make any difference what Guru says?
> > Why would saying he is quitting the scene force Raz to release roms?
> >
> So Raz would release the roms he had ( being the good guy ) in an effort to make
> Guru look bad.

Ahhhhh - genius :)
That is quite cunning actually


> > And what's the significance of having a board and then selling it versus not
> > having a board at all?
> >
> If he had one at one point he would probably just've dumped it before selling,
> it can't be that time consuming a task, not having a board meand the roms would
> continue to be hoarded.

Ahhh I get you, and Raz I guess needed Guru to release the remaining roms so he himself could play ProGear on an emulator?

So after Guru turned around and pretended to throw a hissy fit (to become the bad guy), Raz then immediately wanted to release the XORs in order to appear 'good' in comparison and to push Guru *further* into being the bad guy, "Oh look I'm the good guy, I release all my XORs now, it's GURU who is hordeing it he's the bad guy" in order to guilt-trip Guru!

Guru played Raz's own silly game against him


Heh, after stuggling all these years with classic arcade hardware, protection, hardware trojans, and HD images, MameDev are now forced to reverse engineer Razoola's mind in order to get games preserved. Now that's dedication ;-)


> > I don't get it, I don't see why Guru had any leverage in what Raz/whoever did
> > either way...
> > Was it a guilt-trip thing?
> >
> No, it was a "he's left, so i can release the roms and be a hero again" thing (
> that being Raz thinking ).
>
>
> Seriously man, you've been cooped up with numbers and algos for too long, go
> watch a few movies or something. :-P

True!!


PS - where the hell did the thread go?
It vanished into an SQL hole in the sky mid-post!

OG - if that's you, ease off please I'm only chatting! There's no flaming going on, or at least I didn't mean to start flames, I just wanted to find out how bad the relationship between Raz and everyone has got. Pretty bad by the looks of things :-(

But, okay I get the story now. You can lock away if it's bugging you :(



"Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous



Subjectand again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byIceMan
Posted on01/06/05 06:15 AM



On Guru's site it says:

"Also, you may want to re-investigate the Sega Model 2 dump status link on the front page, especially the word 'status'....again no releases for some time and again, I'm sure you know why."

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means? I looked at the Model2 Status page and the only thing I noticed was that there are no "BAD" dumps any more, just good, question marked and not dumped. Is that it or is there something else there?

Ice




SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/06/05 07:40 AM



> On Guru's site it says:
>
> "Also, you may want to re-investigate the Sega Model 2 dump status link on the
> front page, especially the word 'status'....again no releases for some time and
> again, I'm sure you know why."
>
> Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means? I looked at the Model2 Status
> page and the only thing I noticed was that there are no "BAD" dumps any more,
> just good, question marked and not dumped. Is that it or is there something else
> there?
>
> Ice
>

Also, do you know how long it will be before there is a Model 2 or 3 emulator ported to the Xbox?

Is there source code released for the one used in the images on Guru's site? It would be cool to port that to the Xbox (not that I need it for HOTD2 and 3 because I have the real port, but Daytona and Indy 500 would be fun)


"Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous



SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byTourniquet
Posted on01/06/05 08:38 AM




> Is there source code released for the one used in the images on Guru's site? It
> would be cool to port that to the Xbox (not that I need it for HOTD2 and 3
> because I have the real port, but Daytona and Indy 500 would be fun)

Not at 5fps it wouldn't be.
Neither the source for ElSemi's Model2 emus or the Model3 emu SuperModel are public, but MAME is of course and has skeleton drivers for both.


--
Paul


SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/06/05 08:53 AM



>
> > Is there source code released for the one used in the images on Guru's site?
> It
> > would be cool to port that to the Xbox (not that I need it for HOTD2 and 3
> > because I have the real port, but Daytona and Indy 500 would be fun)
>
> Not at 5fps it wouldn't be.
> Neither the source for ElSemi's Model2 emus or the Model3 emu SuperModel are
> public, but MAME is of course and has skeleton drivers for both.

Wasn't Elsemi's Model 2 emulator quite speedy? Enough to run full-speed on 733 + GeForce 4?

I seem to recall it was?


"Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous



SubjectNo, not really. NT I've a 1800+ and a Radeon 9500 and it still struggles a bit. new Reply to this message
Posted byDeath Knight
Posted on01/06/05 09:39 AM



> >
> > > Is there source code released for the one used in the images on Guru's site?
> > It
> > > would be cool to port that to the Xbox (not that I need it for HOTD2 and 3
> > > because I have the real port, but Daytona and Indy 500 would be fun)
> >
> > Not at 5fps it wouldn't be.
> > Neither the source for ElSemi's Model2 emus or the Model3 emu SuperModel are
> > public, but MAME is of course and has skeleton drivers for both.
>
> Wasn't Elsemi's Model 2 emulator quite speedy? Enough to run full-speed on 733 +
> GeForce 4?
>
> I seem to recall it was?
>
>
> "Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the
> whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous
>



Gives us a kiss precious.


SubjectCheck your PMs. NT new Reply to this message
Posted byDeath Knight
Posted on01/06/05 09:44 AM



> On Guru's site it says:
>
> "Also, you may want to re-investigate the Sega Model 2 dump status link on the
> front page, especially the word 'status'....again no releases for some time and
> again, I'm sure you know why."
>
> Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means? I looked at the Model2 Status
> page and the only thing I noticed was that there are no "BAD" dumps any more,
> just good, question marked and not dumped. Is that it or is there something else
> there?
>
> Ice
>



Gives us a kiss precious.


SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted bylion2
Posted on01/06/05 11:07 AM



Havent tried the emulator in almost a year, but it definitely did not run full speed on my 1.1GHz Athlon. It was playable though. I forgot what fps I got, but it was playable enough to check out several games.

> >
> > > Is there source code released for the one used in the images on Guru's site?
> > It
> > > would be cool to port that to the Xbox (not that I need it for HOTD2 and 3
> > > because I have the real port, but Daytona and Indy 500 would be fun)
> >
> > Not at 5fps it wouldn't be.
> > Neither the source for ElSemi's Model2 emus or the Model3 emu SuperModel are
> > public, but MAME is of course and has skeleton drivers for both.
>
> Wasn't Elsemi's Model 2 emulator quite speedy? Enough to run full-speed on 733 +
> GeForce 4?
>
> I seem to recall it was?
>
>
> "Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the
> whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous
>


-------------------------------------------------


SubjectRe: I'm not *that* dense! new Reply to this message
Posted bygalibert
Posted on01/06/05 11:32 AM



> PS - where the hell did the thread go?
> It vanished into an SQL hole in the sky mid-post!
>
> OG - if that's you, ease off please I'm only chatting! There's no flaming going
> on, or at least I didn't mean to start flames, I just wanted to find out how bad
> the relationship between Raz and everyone has got. Pretty bad by the looks of
> things :-(
>
> But, okay I get the story now. You can lock away if it's bugging you :(

Actually I'm looking for a reason why I shouldn't ban you. Can you think of one? Because personally I can't.

When I delete a thread it's definitively not to have it remade immediatly.

OG.





SubjectCan Retrogames please unban me from their message boards *nt* new Reply to this message
Posted byPr3tty F1y
Posted on01/06/05 11:39 AM



;-P

_ _ - - = = Pr3tty F1y = = - - _ _




Subject'you are so far off the truth its laughable [nt]' new Reply to this message
Posted bysnigger
Posted on01/06/05 12:43 PM



> (...I have coded a few emus after all!)
>
> > > It's still brain surgery to me - I don't get it.
> > > If Raz had a board, why does it make any difference what Guru says?
> > > Why would saying he is quitting the scene force Raz to release roms?
> > >
> > So Raz would release the roms he had ( being the good guy ) in an effort to
> make
> > Guru look bad.
>
> Ahhhhh - genius :)
> That is quite cunning actually
>
>
> > > And what's the significance of having a board and then selling it versus not
> > > having a board at all?
> > >
> > If he had one at one point he would probably just've dumped it before selling,
> > it can't be that time consuming a task, not having a board meand the roms
> would
> > continue to be hoarded.
>
> Ahhh I get you, and Raz I guess needed Guru to release the remaining roms so he
> himself could play ProGear on an emulator?
>
> So after Guru turned around and pretended to throw a hissy fit (to become the
> bad guy), Raz then immediately wanted to release the XORs in order to appear
> 'good' in comparison and to push Guru *further* into being the bad guy, "Oh look
> I'm the good guy, I release all my XORs now, it's GURU who is hordeing it he's
> the bad guy" in order to guilt-trip Guru!
>
> Guru played Raz's own silly game against him
>
>
> Heh, after stuggling all these years with classic arcade hardware, protection,
> hardware trojans, and HD images, MameDev are now forced to reverse engineer
> Razoola's mind in order to get games preserved. Now that's dedication ;-)
>
>
> > > I don't get it, I don't see why Guru had any leverage in what Raz/whoever
> did
> > > either way...
> > > Was it a guilt-trip thing?
> > >
> > No, it was a "he's left, so i can release the roms and be a hero again" thing
> (
> > that being Raz thinking ).
> >
> >
> > Seriously man, you've been cooped up with numbers and algos for too long, go
> > watch a few movies or something. :-P
>
> True!!
>
>
> PS - where the hell did the thread go?
> It vanished into an SQL hole in the sky mid-post!
>
> OG - if that's you, ease off please I'm only chatting! There's no flaming going
> on, or at least I didn't mean to start flames, I just wanted to find out how bad
> the relationship between Raz and everyone has got. Pretty bad by the looks of
> things :-(
>
> But, okay I get the story now. You can lock away if it's bugging you :(
>
>
>
> "Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the
> whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous
>



SubjectQuick someone get some coal new Reply to this message
Posted byVisionZ
Posted on01/06/05 12:54 PM



If we can shove it in galiburt's buttocks, we can all be rich.



SubjectRe: I'm not *that* dense! new Reply to this message
Posted byMarv
Posted on01/06/05 02:52 PM



>
> Actually I'm looking for a reason why I shouldn't ban you. Can you think of
> one? Because personally I can't.
>
> When I delete a thread it's definitively not to have it remade immediatly.
>
> OG.

It would be interesting to know why that thread in particular was deleted though?




SubjectRe: I'm not *that* dense! new Reply to this message
Posted bygalibert
Posted on01/06/05 03:37 PM



> It would be interesting to know why that thread in particular was deleted
> though?

Because it was a new thread on the same stupid subject after I had locked the previous ones.

OG.





SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byR. Belmont
Posted on01/06/05 04:26 PM



> Wasn't Elsemi's Model 2 emulator quite speedy? Enough to run full-speed on 733 +
> GeForce 4?

It's not consistently full speed on my P4-3.1 if I enable sound. On an Xbox you'd be dreaming - Model 3 has more ROM than it has RAM, for starters, and SuperModel requires a 3D accelerator card with at least 128 MB of local RAM. AFAIK there's still no legal way to do 3D acceleration on the Xbox, which is why we won't port ZiNc.

Also, keep in mind the Xbox's chip is a GF3 with some GF4 capabilities grafted on. A true GF4 Ti4600 blows it out of the water.





Subjecton my PC new Reply to this message
Posted byIceMan
Posted on01/06/05 04:43 PM



On my 3.2GHz Extreme Edition it runs most Model2B games generally smooth but the 2C ones tend to chug a bit more, especially with audio on.

Although I have an ATI card so it's a bit disappointing as there are transparent textures and other issues on my Radeon 9800XT!

Ice




SubjectNo but I can think of another reason to ban me if you like. You are a fucking prick. new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/06/05 05:45 PM



> > PS - where the hell did the thread go?
> > It vanished into an SQL hole in the sky mid-post!
> >
> > OG - if that's you, ease off please I'm only chatting! There's no flaming
> going
> > on, or at least I didn't mean to start flames, I just wanted to find out how
> bad
> > the relationship between Raz and everyone has got. Pretty bad by the looks of
> > things :-(
> >
> > But, okay I get the story now. You can lock away if it's bugging you :(
>
> Actually I'm looking for a reason why I shouldn't ban you. Can you think of
> one? Because personally I can't.


No but I *can* think of another reason for to ban me if you like. You are acting like a fucking prick.
Hey, feel free to ban me if it makes you feel like a 'big man'.

I've got no emulators, romsets or XORs to withheld or horde. My stuff is all open-source.

Honestly emulation is just a big pissing contest, you're as bad as Raz and the rest of them. Have fun in your own little palace on the net.


"Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous



SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/06/05 05:49 PM



> > Wasn't Elsemi's Model 2 emulator quite speedy? Enough to run full-speed on 733
> +
> > GeForce 4?
>
> It's not consistently full speed on my P4-3.1 if I enable sound. On an Xbox
> you'd be dreaming - Model 3 has more ROM than it has RAM, for starters, and
> SuperModel requires a 3D accelerator card with at least 128 MB of local RAM.
> AFAIK there's still no legal way to do 3D acceleration on the Xbox, which is why
> we won't port ZiNc.


There isn't, but what you can do is release the source and then there is a private site which has actual builds using the XDK.
It depends whether you are comfortable doing that, but I did it with Genadrive. It is slightly dodgy I guess but I don't think MS will come after you.


I would advise having a go as programming the Xbox if you haven't already (actually thinking about it I'm sure you must have done at work, doh!), it's a great piece of kit. In fact I've just given my PC USB joypads to chardee, because I use my Xbox for all emulation now!

>
> Also, keep in mind the Xbox's chip is a GF3 with some GF4 capabilities grafted
> on. A true GF4 Ti4600 blows it out of the water.
>


"Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous



SubjectI wanna be a BIG MAN...Can I become a mod????get 'em davey!!!NT new Reply to this message
Posted byrocko72071ll
Posted on01/06/05 06:03 PM



> > > PS - where the hell did the thread go?
> > > It vanished into an SQL hole in the sky mid-post!
> > >
> > > OG - if that's you, ease off please I'm only chatting! There's no flaming
> > going
> > > on, or at least I didn't mean to start flames, I just wanted to find out how
> > bad
> > > the relationship between Raz and everyone has got. Pretty bad by the looks
> of
> > > things :-(
> > >
> > > But, okay I get the story now. You can lock away if it's bugging you :(
> >
> > Actually I'm looking for a reason why I shouldn't ban you. Can you think of
> > one? Because personally I can't.
>
>
> No but I *can* think of another reason for to ban me if you like. You are acting
> like a fucking prick.
> Hey, feel free to ban me if it makes you feel like a 'big man'.
>
> I've got no emulators, romsets or XORs to withheld or horde. My stuff is all
> open-source.
>
> Honestly emulation is just a big pissing contest, you're as bad as Raz and the
> rest of them. Have fun in your own little palace on the net.
>
>
> "Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the
> whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous
>



SubjectPut it to a vote new Reply to this message
Posted bySmitdogg
Posted on01/06/05 06:40 PM



http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=18311&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

You guys suck.

Smitdogg

"Your search shall find fatigue instead of roms." -Team Japump



SubjectRe: No but I can think of another reason to ban me if you like. .. new Reply to this message
Posted byVmprHntrD
Posted on01/06/05 08:09 PM



> I've got no emulators, romsets or XORs to withheld or horde. My stuff is all
> open-source.
>
> Honestly emulation is just a big pissing contest, you're as bad as Raz and the
> rest of them. Have fun in your own little palace on the net.
>
That was the most refreshing piece of open honesty and straight forwardness I've seen from an emulator author who's been through the ringer as much as you. Good. Thanks.




SubjectI second that -nt- (applauds) new Reply to this message
Posted byJohnick
Posted on01/06/05 09:16 PM



> > I've got no emulators, romsets or XORs to withheld or horde. My stuff is all
> > open-source.
> >
> > Honestly emulation is just a big pissing contest, you're as bad as Raz and the
> > rest of them. Have fun in your own little palace on the net.
> >
> That was the most refreshing piece of open honesty and straight forwardness I've
> seen from an emulator author who's been through the ringer as much as you.
> Good. Thanks.
>
>




http://www.emuchrist.org



SubjectThirded. NT Dayvee grew a pair. new Reply to this message
Posted byDeath Knight
Posted on01/06/05 09:52 PM



> > > I've got no emulators, romsets or XORs to withheld or horde. My stuff is all
> > > open-source.
> > >
> > > Honestly emulation is just a big pissing contest, you're as bad as Raz and
> the
> > > rest of them. Have fun in your own little palace on the net.
> > >
> > That was the most refreshing piece of open honesty and straight forwardness
> I've
> > seen from an emulator author who's been through the ringer as much as you.
> > Good. Thanks.
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
> http://www.emuchrist.org
>



Gives us a kiss precious.


SubjectFourth -nT- wherever there's four, you're sure to find a fifth new Reply to this message
Posted byitchyNADZ
Posted on01/06/05 11:47 PM



> > > > I've got no emulators, romsets or XORs to withheld or horde. My stuff is
> all
> > > > open-source.
> > > >
> > > > Honestly emulation is just a big pissing contest, you're as bad as Raz and
> > the
> > > > rest of them. Have fun in your own little palace on the net.
> > > >
> > > That was the most refreshing piece of open honesty and straight forwardness
> > I've
> > > seen from an emulator author who's been through the ringer as much as you.
> > > Good. Thanks.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > http://www.emuchrist.org
> >
>
>
>
> Gives us a kiss precious.
>





SubjectNothing but a fifth of pure quality here new Reply to this message
Posted bywildcat
Posted on01/07/05 00:23 AM








SubjectI SIXTH THAT ALSO... new Reply to this message
Posted byinfiniti11
Posted on01/07/05 00:36 AM



finaldave made a great emu...one of the best out there. Hats off to you, dave.


SubjectHe has enough $$$ for weed? new Reply to this message
Posted byTechrat 2004
Posted on01/07/05 00:56 AM



I thought his donations dried up, or was he going to hold more ROMs hostage?
Hmmm, maybe Guru's 'episode' should've been 'Operation Cry Wolf?' LOL :D
Does that make Razoola the Big Bad Wolf and Dayvee Little Red Riding Hood?





SubjectOK, call me seventh then :) (nt) new Reply to this message
Posted bydrykid
Posted on01/07/05 02:14 AM



> finaldave made a great emu...one of the best out there. Hats off to you, dave.
>





SubjectGalibert, in all honesty... Reply to this message
Posted byProphet (RG)
Posted on01/07/05 03:35 AM



You locked some threads that questionably didn't need locking. No rules broken etc.

Example: my Progear/SHMUP thread, which was about the merits or lack thereof of Progear and other modern SHMUPs. Why the lock? Everyone knows the game is emulated, dumped and released. What's wrong with talking about the game? Nothing. As long as there's no ROM begs or anything else illegal.

I don't care much about it really, but I didn't quite get why you locked it.

And you could stand to be a little more civil. Dayvee didn't deserve a ban threat IMO, he didn't break any rules. You might as well ban me, I haven't broken a rule either. ;)

-Prophet-
www.retrogames.com


SubjectRe: Galibert, in all honesty... new Reply to this message
Posted bygalibert
Posted on01/07/05 05:10 AM



> You locked some threads that questionably didn't need locking. No rules broken
> etc.

They were getting stupid. Locking them meant "ok kids, you got your fun, now stop it and go to something else". Dayvee re-created a new one, which I deleted. That should have sent him a stronger "ok that's enough" signal. Guess not.


> Example: my Progear/SHMUP thread, which was about the merits or lack thereof of
> Progear and other modern SHMUPs. Why the lock? Everyone knows the game is
> emulated, dumped and released. What's wrong with talking about the game?
> Nothing. As long as there's no ROM begs or anything else illegal.

T'was a mistake. I re-opened it.


> And you could stand to be a little more civil. Dayvee didn't deserve a ban
> threat IMO, he didn't break any rules.

He broke the "don't annoy me, especially when I don't have that much free time" rule. Sending me an email to call me a prick did not exactly help his case along, either.

OG.





SubjectEighted ! new Reply to this message
Posted bygalibert
Posted on01/07/05 05:11 AM



Whaddya mean, I can't play ?

OG.





SubjectBlah blah blah new Reply to this message
Posted byMitaine
Posted on01/07/05 06:38 AM



Some choice quotes from the thread :

In reply to:


I'm not *that* dense!
(...I have coded a few emus after all!)
[/quote]

Then yammering about this affair everyone is already tired of, and I suspect galibert especially...

[quote]
Also, do you know how long it will be before there is a Model 2 or 3 emulator ported to the Xbox?

Is there source code released for the one used in the images on Guru's site? It would be cool to port that to the Xbox (not that I need it for HOTD2 and 3 because I have the real port, but Daytona and Indy 500 would be fun)



This post looks like the most uninformed ever to me, count the errors, and after that dave comes to galibert and call him a prick !? Maybe he could have DONE SOME RESEARCH, something every newbie is expected to do before posting here. But it seems his not-dense, emu-writing status can bypass all common sense rules and that he's taking a courageous stance sticking it to the man when he throws a hissy fit.

Sure galibert doesn't come across as very friendly but think about it for a minute when you analyse the facts and not the supposed personality of posts on a forum...




Subjectdave the hero - in posters! new Reply to this message
Posted bynewsdee
Posted on01/07/05 07:19 AM



As seen in Episode 1 of Love, Glory and Discussion Boards...

"But mom, I can have the posters I want in my room, I'm eighteen. There's nothing wrong in having a male role model. Look at Concepcion, she has a poster of Dave!"
-"That's completely different!"
-"And why, pray tell?"
-"Because we are a Sega worshipping family!"





[download a life]


SubjectRe: Galibert, in all honesty... new Reply to this message
Posted byTargaff
Posted on01/07/05 08:55 AM



> > And you could stand to be a little more civil. Dayvee didn't deserve a ban
> > threat IMO, he didn't break any rules.
>
> He broke the "don't annoy me, especially when I don't have that much free time"
> rule.

Which is pretty much a Q.E.D. for what dayvee said about little domains on the net.

Prophet's point is perfectly valid: whilst there was a relatively high noise to bandwidth ratio, there was also some perfectly good discussion that didn't deserve to be cut off - if there wasn't, there wouldn't have been a need for a new thread. If you're not prepared to take the time to sort the wheat from the chaff, then you shouldn't just be locking any which thread you think might contain something objectionable; and if - by your own admission - you don't have the free time, then perhaps you shouldn't be doing it period.


SubjectRe: Galibert, in all honesty... new Reply to this message
Posted bygalibert
Posted on01/07/05 09:22 AM



> Which is pretty much a Q.E.D. for what dayvee said about little domains on the
> net.

Sure. Never said the contrary. Already forgot the time when I said the only rule here is "Don't annoy me"? It's still true.


> Prophet's point is perfectly valid: whilst there was a relatively high noise to
> bandwidth ratio, there was also some perfectly good discussion that didn't
> deserve to be cut off - if there wasn't, there wouldn't have been a need for a
> new thread.

There was a new thread because for some reason dayvee thought he was owned an answer on some points. Newsflash, he's not.


> If you're not prepared to take the time to sort the wheat from the
> chaff, then you shouldn't just be locking any which thread you think might
> contain something objectionable; and if - by your own admission - you don't have
> the free time, then perhaps you shouldn't be doing it period.

You know, rg gen is in a rather good shape now because I act like a bastard[1] on it. I really don't want it to go back to the shape it was in before I took care of the moderation, so I'll keep on being a bastard until sometimes worthy - Prophet for instance - takes over.

OG.

[1] And maybe am, but that's another subject entirely





SubjectNined? (nt) I love a cascade new Reply to this message
Posted byR. Belmont
Posted on01/07/05 12:52 PM



> Whaddya mean, I can't play ?
>
> OG.
>





SubjectTenthed (nt) bukkake new Reply to this message
Posted bySune_S
Posted on01/07/05 01:07 PM



> > Whaddya mean, I can't play ?
> >
> > OG.
> >
>





Subject11th -nt- you just mad 'cause you got served new Reply to this message
Posted byRoushiMSX
Posted on01/07/05 01:31 PM



> > > Whaddya mean, I can't play ?
> > >
> > > OG.
> > >
> >
>





Subjectoceanically twelved -nt- sequel new Reply to this message
Posted bynewsdee
Posted on01/07/05 03:17 PM



>
>



[download a life]


Subjectthe end -nt- new Reply to this message
Posted byskydoune
Posted on01/07/05 03:45 PM



> >
> >
>
>
>
> [download a life]
>



Testing underwear in outer space


SubjectXIIIth [nt] not-so final fantasy new Reply to this message
Posted byNerox91
Posted on01/07/05 04:04 PM



> >
> >
>
>
>
> [download a life]
>





SubjectLouis the XIV --mt-- Antique furniture new Reply to this message
Posted byMr. Do
Posted on01/07/05 04:21 PM










RELAX and just have fun.
Remember, it's all about the games.
Mr. Do!'s Arcade


SubjectRe: dave the hero - in posters! new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/07/05 08:56 PM



> As seen in Episode 1 of Love, Glory and Discussion Boards... <--------- LOL That is genius

Just downloading Episode 2...


Heh - just noticed I was banned and unbanned (yesteday?) and I didn't even notice... LOL


>
> "But mom, I can have the posters I want in my room, I'm eighteen. There's
> nothing wrong in having a male role model. Look at Concepcion, she has a poster
> of Dave!"
> -"That's completely different!"
> -"And why, pray tell?"
> -"Because we are a Sega worshipping family!"
>
>
>
>
>
> [download a life]
>


"Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous




SubjectRe: I'm not *that* dense! new Reply to this message
Posted byGriking
Posted on01/07/05 11:44 PM



I don't think our kind mod is entirely unbiased when it comes to these kinds of discussions. If he's going to threaten bans for talking about this here then just bring the conversation to the Off Topic Board. You don't have to pull puches there, and all I ask is that you leave the Goatse at the door.



> > PS - where the hell did the thread go?
> > It vanished into an SQL hole in the sky mid-post!
> >
> > OG - if that's you, ease off please I'm only chatting! There's no flaming
> going
> > on, or at least I didn't mean to start flames, I just wanted to find out how
> bad
> > the relationship between Raz and everyone has got. Pretty bad by the looks of
> > things :-(
> >
> > But, okay I get the story now. You can lock away if it's bugging you :(
>
> Actually I'm looking for a reason why I shouldn't ban you. Can you think of
> one? Because personally I can't.
>
> When I delete a thread it's definitively not to have it remade immediatly.
>
> OG.
>





Subject15 minutes *nt* Robert DeNiro plz new Reply to this message
Posted byMooglyGuy
Posted on01/08/05 01:02 AM



>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELAX and just have fun.
> Remember, it's all about the games.
> Mr. Do!'s Arcade
>



SubjectKilljoy *nt* new Reply to this message
Posted bywildcat
Posted on01/08/05 02:08 AM



> I don't think our kind mod is entirely unbiased when it comes to these kinds of
> discussions. If he's going to threaten bans for talking about this here then
> just bring the conversation to the Off Topic Board. You don't have to pull
> puches there, and all I ask is that you leave the Goatse at the door.
>
>
>
> > > PS - where the hell did the thread go?
> > > It vanished into an SQL hole in the sky mid-post!
> > >
> > > OG - if that's you, ease off please I'm only chatting! There's no flaming
> > going
> > > on, or at least I didn't mean to start flames, I just wanted to find out how
> > bad
> > > the relationship between Raz and everyone has got. Pretty bad by the looks
> of
> > > things :-(
> > >
> > > But, okay I get the story now. You can lock away if it's bugging you :(
> >
> > Actually I'm looking for a reason why I shouldn't ban you. Can you think of
> > one? Because personally I can't.
> >
> > When I delete a thread it's definitively not to have it remade immediatly.
> >
> > OG.
> >
>
>
>





SubjectRe: dave the hero - in posters! new Reply to this message
Posted bynewsdee
Posted on01/08/05 03:34 AM



There's episode 3 too :-) [better than 2 IMHO, I left 2 in for continuity vis-a-vis of the original].

With all the recent happenings, I should have enough material for more episodes, if I can find those old subtitle files... :-)

But I'm pursuing more worthy efforts for now, its a bit more productive :) [=chip8 emulator in Flash]




[download a life]


SubjectJUSTIFY OR DELETE!!! new Reply to this message
Posted byTheDarkAbyss
Posted on01/08/05 05:11 AM



remember the days when you'd see people post that constantly..

lol, figured i'd bring a little nostalgia to the boards.

and no...im not telling him to justify his post, im just being a smartass



> (...I have coded a few emus after all!)
>
> > > It's still brain surgery to me - I don't get it.
> > > If Raz had a board, why does it make any difference what Guru says?
> > > Why would saying he is quitting the scene force Raz to release roms?
> > >
> > So Raz would release the roms he had ( being the good guy ) in an effort to
> make
> > Guru look bad.
>
> Ahhhhh - genius :)
> That is quite cunning actually
>
>
> > > And what's the significance of having a board and then selling it versus not
> > > having a board at all?
> > >
> > If he had one at one point he would probably just've dumped it before selling,
> > it can't be that time consuming a task, not having a board meand the roms
> would
> > continue to be hoarded.
>
> Ahhh I get you, and Raz I guess needed Guru to release the remaining roms so he
> himself could play ProGear on an emulator?
>
> So after Guru turned around and pretended to throw a hissy fit (to become the
> bad guy), Raz then immediately wanted to release the XORs in order to appear
> 'good' in comparison and to push Guru *further* into being the bad guy, "Oh look
> I'm the good guy, I release all my XORs now, it's GURU who is hordeing it he's
> the bad guy" in order to guilt-trip Guru!
>
> Guru played Raz's own silly game against him
>
>
> Heh, after stuggling all these years with classic arcade hardware, protection,
> hardware trojans, and HD images, MameDev are now forced to reverse engineer
> Razoola's mind in order to get games preserved. Now that's dedication ;-)
>
>
> > > I don't get it, I don't see why Guru had any leverage in what Raz/whoever
> did
> > > either way...
> > > Was it a guilt-trip thing?
> > >
> > No, it was a "he's left, so i can release the roms and be a hero again" thing
> (
> > that being Raz thinking ).
> >
> >
> > Seriously man, you've been cooped up with numbers and algos for too long, go
> > watch a few movies or something. :-P
>
> True!!
>
>
> PS - where the hell did the thread go?
> It vanished into an SQL hole in the sky mid-post!
>
> OG - if that's you, ease off please I'm only chatting! There's no flaming going
> on, or at least I didn't mean to start flames, I just wanted to find out how bad
> the relationship between Raz and everyone has got. Pretty bad by the looks of
> things :-(
>
> But, okay I get the story now. You can lock away if it's bugging you :(
>
>
>
> "Games under 5M good ? Are you insane ? A good game is at least 2 CDs, or the
> whole DVD. Doom 3 and Halo for XBOX 0wns." - Posted by: Anonymous
>



TheDarkAbyss







SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted bysmf
Posted on01/08/05 08:08 AM



> There isn't, but what you can do is release the source and then there is a
> private site which has actual builds using the XDK.

ZiNc source code can't be released. We don't have Pete's rendering code. You're pretty much screwed as far as an xbox port is concerned.

smf





SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byR. Belmont
Posted on01/08/05 12:54 PM



Also a Celeron 733 is underspecced for ZiNc. Everyone see the Xbox crash during Gates' presentation at CES? Good stuff :-)





SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/10/05 05:33 AM



> Also a Celeron 733 is underspecced for ZiNc. Everyone see the Xbox crash during
> Gates' presentation at CES? Good stuff :-)
>

Pretty much the entire office was gathered round a PC watching the video - it was like watching a road accident!! Horrible but you have to look!

But it wasn't the Xbox which crashed which is what news sites are reporting - it has no 'blue screen of death' - it's not that closely related to Windows NT that it has a BSOD.

What apparently happened was for the Forza out of memory screen they decided to colour it blue - idiots!! ;-)
Field day for news though that they did: It's a game runing on Xbox PLUS it is a blue screen PLUS it is of death = Xbox BSODs!

If the Xbox had really crashed you'd see a hang not a BSOD.
I've always personally found Xboxes to be more stable than say PS2s from a programming POV... not that there's much in it since they are both consoles!!

...And yes I confess I am turning into a Xbox fanboy, but that's only because I can *program* them!!! Send me a PS2 devkit and I'll become a PS2 fanboy!


Newsdee's Love, Glory, and Discussion Boards



SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byR. Belmont
Posted on01/10/05 09:29 PM



A *real* man's Xbox crash makes the front lights go "Christmas tree" :-)





SubjectRe: and again, my unrelated Model2 question (which also disappeared) new Reply to this message
Posted byfinaldave
Posted on01/12/05 05:46 AM



> A *real* man's Xbox crash makes the front lights go "Christmas tree" :-)
>

Ah yes, the infamous FRAGGING (Flashing Red And Green lights)!


I wonder if you can control those from an XBE? e.g. to get the After Burner 'lock on' LEDs on there?
That would be pretty cool ;)


Newsdee's Love, Glory, and Discussion Boards



Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode