Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectQuestion about Rave Racer and Vivanonno Reply to this message
Posted byisamu99
Posted on01/26/05 03:44 PM



Hi gentlemen.... I have not been keeping up with the latest developments of emulation so I was wondering if you could tell me the following....

1)what is the best emulator is to run Rave Racer at full speed? Is it still Vivanonno?

2)Is it Zinc?

3)Is it mame?

4)When was the last time Vivananno was updated?

5)Are any forums left discussing Vivanonno?

6)Can I expect to run Rave Racer in Vivanonno with "no reduce textures" enabled and 60fps on a 3Ghz laptop?

7)Which graphics card makes Rave Racer run better...ATI or nVidi?

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay that's gnawing at the heart of the...country


-theThe


Subjectmy answers new Reply to this message
Posted byIceMan
Posted on01/26/05 07:06 PM



1. For speed, yes. For accuracy no.
2. No, not supported
3. More accurate and I think R.Belmont's looking at the controls for Super System 22 games at the moment
4. When it says on their site
5. Doubt it
6. No and yes, Full Reduce no (as needs 512MB graphics card or something), full speed yes (probably)
7. Debateable, possibly Nvidia.

> Hi gentlemen.... I have not been keeping up with the latest developments of
> emulation so I was wondering if you could tell me the following....
>
> 1)what is the best emulator is to run Rave Racer at full speed? Is it still
> Vivanonno?
>
> 2)Is it Zinc?
>
> 3)Is it mame?
>
> 4)When was the last time Vivananno was updated?
>
> 5)Are any forums left discussing Vivanonno?
>
> 6)Can I expect to run Rave Racer in Vivanonno with "no reduce textures" enabled
> and 60fps on a 3Ghz laptop?
>
> 7)Which graphics card makes Rave Racer run better...ATI or nVidi?
>
> I'm just a symptom of the moral decay that's gnawing at the heart of
> the...country
>
>
> -theThe
>


Subject'precate it thanks :) new Reply to this message
Posted byisamu99
Posted on01/26/05 07:25 PM



Thanks IceMan, I'll keep that in mind. anyone else feel free to discuss ;)

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay that's gnawing at the heart of the...country


-theThe


SubjectOh yeah Ice Man.... new Reply to this message
Posted byisamu99
Posted on01/27/05 11:23 PM



....you say Rave Racer is more accurate in Mame than in Vivanonno, but

1)how fast does it run in Mame, on say, a 3Ghz machine? Have you tried?

2)Can I expect it to run at 60fps in mame and be as smooth as in Viva?

Another thing.....

1)is it true that some model 2 games are now running in mame?

2)Is it true Indy 500 is playable in mame?

3)How fast will it run on a 3Ghz machine?

4)Best graphics card to use with mame?

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay that's gnawing at the heart of the...country


-theThe


SubjectRe: Oh yeah Ice Man.... new Reply to this message
Posted byIceMan
Posted on01/28/05 08:04 AM



>....you say Rave Racer is more accurate in Mame than in Vivanonno, but

I mean it's emulated more accurately as Viva Nonno uses more simulation which leads to oddities like tapping the controls one way increases speed in Rave Racer etc!

> 1)how fast does it run in Mame, on say, a 3Ghz machine? Have you tried?

Slower! Too slow on my P4 3.2GHz Extreme Edition to be really playable.

> 2)Can I expect it to run at 60fps in mame and be as smooth as in Viva?

No, see above.

> 1)is it true that some model 2 games are now running in mame?

Yes but only 2D graphics, you need Model2 emulator from http://nebula.emulatronia.com if you want to be able to play some Model2B/2C games with 3D graphics/sound/force feedback (some are smoother/more playble than others).

> 2)Is it true Indy 500 is playable in mame?

No, no 3D yet, plus will be slower than Model2 emulator. In M2 emulator it runs pretty much full speed on my PC though I have some graphics glitches as the emulator prefers Nvidia cards.

> 3)How fast will it run on a 3Ghz machine?

See above, cannot say for MAME as emulation is incomplete.

> 4)Best graphics card to use with mame?

Irrelevant, everything is drawn by the processor - graphics cards can do some final DirectDraw/Direct3D effects but don't increase emulation speed in MAME.

By the way, some Model3 games are sneaking into MAME if you didn't know. Scud Race and Sega Bass Fishing are playable but very slow with lots of graphics issues (warping textures mainly).

Ice




Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode