|Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search|
|Subject||**UPDATE - KiGB, Stella|
|Posted on||02/19/05 11:47 PM|
From the changes.txt file:
This is a major release to signalize the completion of the compatibility project - to test all the games/demos in the GoodGBX V2.02 ROM set (over 6,000). My sincere thanks to Scott Nash.
- New Features:
* Simulate the startup code in GB and GBC modes.
* Automatic ignore the extra 512 bytes at the start for some badly dumped games. Example: Soreike! Anpanman 2 (J) [C]
* Colors look more like to a real GBC.
* The colors for GB look like to a real GB.
* The options for changing GB palette are renamed as follows:
~ Default -> Classic GB
~ Normal -> GB Pocket
- Bugs Fixed:
* Screen scrolling is now less jerky (mainly on Windows port). Versatility (PD) runs at full speed.
* The following games/demos have better/correct graphics:
~ Dark Man (the corrupted line just above the status window is removed - this is verified by a real GB)
~ Infocom - Wishbringer 2 (PD) (the scrolling of text does not have a large gap)
~ Lunar Lander (U) (the screen will flash shortly at the title screen after the title has completely scrolled up. Also, the space shuttle and the launcher does mix together when they overlap.)
~ Parts Collection - Medarot Kuma (J) [S] (when the main character and the bear sleep, they will not flash up again after the screen fades out)
~ Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (U) [C][h1] (the colors of the characters are now correct again. Note that you have to force KiGB as GBC mode to run this game as the header is incorrectly set it as a GB game.)
~ Razor Freestyle Scooters (U) [C] (the lower part of the exclaimation mark no longer flashes just before game play)
~ Super Mario Land (V1.1) (JUA) (Mario flashes when moving out from a pipe)
~ Robocop (no more gfx glitches at the left just before game play)
~ Robocop Vs Terminator (U) (screen no longer flashes at the screen just before game play and when you die)
~ Rugrats Movie, The (U) [S] (screen no longer jumps when you jump)
~ Saiyuuki (J) (garbage no longer flashes up when pressing Select during game play)
~ Supreme Snowboarding (E) (M3) [C] (the little hills during play are displayed correctly again when they are overlapped)
~ Tazmainan Devil - Muching Madness (U) (M5) [C][t1] (sometimes the title becomes garbage at the trainer screen)
~ To-Heart Slideshow Green and Red (PD) (no more garbage after the first part. However, the second option is missing.)
~ Torpedo Range (UE) (the lower part of the screen does not flash up just before the title scrolling up)
~ Turi Sensei 2 (J) [C] (the white line is removed when dialog box appears)
~ Vila Caldan Color (PD)
~ World Cup '94 (the coin no longer flashes just before tossing)
~ Xiang Pu -- Dong Hai Dao Chang Suo (Sumo Fighter) (J) (garbage flashes up after pressing Start at the main menu screen)
~ WWF Superstars (J) (no more gfx glitches at the title)
* The following games/demos have better/correct sound:
~ Alone in the Dark (startup music - very close but still not perfect)
~ WCW Mayhem (U) [C] (both left and right channels play sound)
~ Work Master 2 Demo (V1.9) (UNL) [C] (a sound note is played at startup)
* The sprites drawing priority in GB mode is now correct again. Games affected: Lunar Lander (U), Hyper Dunk (U) and possibly a few others.
* The sprites drawing priority in GBC mode is now correct again. You can really see through the wall to see the targets in the gallery when you move the aim on the wall in Perfect Dark (U) (M5) [C].
* Super Ninja - a TornPocket Production (WIP) (Y2kode) (PD) [C] (when you press and hold the Start button, the game pauses. When you release it, the game resumes immediately.)
* Super Scrabble (U) now works again.
* Touch Boy System ROM (UNL) [C] now works properly.
* Yar's Revenge - The Quotile Ultimatumm (PD) does not hang after the first screen. This game cannot be played on a real GB.
* Fixed a careless bug in joypad setting.
* Use of Super Smartjoy (a joypad device) will not crash out.
* The destination code is now correctly shown.
* When the keyboard mapping dialog is displayed, it will always display player 1 in the player number selection list.
From the Stella News page:
February 19, 2005
Stella release 1.4.2 for Linux, Mac OSX and Windows is now available. Ports to other operating systems will be released as they become available. A partial list of features is:
Updated the sound system. All popping and cracking sounds that previously occurred at program start/stop and when entering/exiting menu or pause mode have been eliminated.
Fixed the gl_fsmax argument to mean "switch to desktop resolution on fullscreen OpenGL", instead of to the maximum possible resolution (the two are not always the same).
Added Alt [ and Alt ] keys to dynamically adjust the sound volume during emulation.
Added Control 0, Control 1, Control 2, Control 3 keys to dynamically change which paddle the mouse should emulate.
Added video_driver argument. This accepts the different options that can be specified for SDL_VIDEODRIVER (see SDL homepage for more information). Basically, it eliminates the need to set the SDL_VIDEODRIVER environment variable.
Made sure screen is refreshed before taking a snapshot. This eliminates the problem with new snapshots containing the text "Snapshot saved".
For the Windows port; added windib and directx as options for 'video_driver' when using software rendering. The 'windib' option is now the default, and in many cases it's up to 10 times faster than using 'directx'.
For the OSX port; added 'Cmd-R' key to reload the currently loaded ROM.