Another u release, less common these days aint they perhaps this means things arent as likely to break in them, no offence to Haze of course there, heres whats new:
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- bioatack080u1yel (this was already fixed)
- Added the ability to specify internal read/write handlers for CPUs so
that the new debugger can view internal RAM. Hooked this up for the
TMS32025 core. [Aaron Giles]
- Fixed window mode 1 in the TMS34010 core, as well as bugs that prevented
misaligned stack accesses from working and a bug that didn't force the
PC to be 16-bit aligned. [Aaron Giles]
- Fixed bug in MAC instructions in the TMS32025 core. Also fixed cycle
counting problems that led to inaccurate internal timers. [Aaron Giles]
- Fixed end-of-sprite list and flip screen in Hollywood Action.
- Fixed colors in New Sinbad 7. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Several Taito SJ sprite fixes:
- *Fixed sprite priorites. This fixes several priority issues in Tin Star,
Elevator Action, High Way Race, and the car wrapping around in Elevator
Action at the end of a level.
- *Added sprite clipping at the sides of the screen. This was verified to
happen on the real board, and it affects bullets wrapping around in
Elevator Action. I'm only 99% sure that the clipping is correct this
- *Fixed sprite hardware collision detection. This fixes the last round in
Pirate Pete, bonuses in Alpine Ski, end of level 1 in Water Ski.
- Fixed DIP switches in Rohga. [Yasuhiro Ogawa]
Several Volfied fixes:
- *Fixed visible area.
- *Fixed rom names.
- *Improved c-chip simulation - accurate timing and correct colour data
for all levels.
- Added the ability to clear an input configure via the delete key.
- Added cocktail flip support to the Qix driver. [Nicola Salmoria]
- Fixed graphics in Hyper Crash. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli, David Haywood]
- Rewrote 8255 PPI mode 2 support, and hooked 8255 to buckrog properly.
- Fixed a number of bugs and added support for more SCSI commands and
modes. [R. Belmont, Ville Linde]
- Hooked up MSM5205 to Goal! '92 and to Euro League (bootleg), but it
doesn't sound too good yet. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Cleaned up the decryption in the Epos games. [Nicola Salmoria]
- Changed xday2 to use default namcona1 joystick inputs. With those, if
you wait the initial test to finish, you can play it. [Sonikos]
- Fixed L button in mj4simai which was missing. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Added support for Single monitor Playchoice 10 BIOS. Since the core
doesn't allow you to change aspect ratio or remove dual monitor flag at
run-time, the game always runs in the upper part of the screen.
- Added a -debugscript command line parameter that invokes a debugger
script on startup [Nathan Woods]
- Modified the MIPS DRC core to disable optimizations when mame_debug is
on. This makes it easier to run comparative traces when running both
with and without MIPS DRC enabled. [Nathan Woods]
- Simplified the decryption code in the sun8 driver, and made some
improvements to the Brick Zone main set. [Nicola Salmoria]
- Patched the non-DRC PPC core to compile properly when not all PPC
cores (403, 602, 603) are enabled. Implemented fcmpo instruction.
- Swapped On Screen Display and Config Menu items so that accidental
key configuration changes don't kill your ability to get to the menu
by default. [Aaron Giles]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
- Cool Pool [Aaron Giles]
- 9 Ball Shootout [Aaron Giles]
- Hot Mind [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Hyper Crash [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Multi Champ Deluxe [David Haywood]
New clones added
- Yellow Cab (bootleg) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Atomic Punk (US) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Gaiapolis (US) [Corrado Tomaselli]
- Rock 'n Rage (Prototype?) [Brian Troha]
- Cosmic Monsters 2 [David Widel]
- Varia Metal (New Ways Trading Co.) [David Haywood]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
- Revenger [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Mobile Suit Gundam Final Shooting [David Haywood]
Get from here to brew your own or await a binary from yer preffered vendor
The plain vanilla gui version of Mame
Get from here
The wise man knows when he does not know enough