Prior versions of MAME have excluded some drivers (primarily gambling-
related) for philosophical reasons. Since these games are legitimately at
risk of being lost to the ages, and many of them have strong similarities
to the other sorts of games MAME emulates, it has been decided to allow their
inclusion going forward. The criteria for inclusion in MAME is now simply
"any primarily video based arcade machine, driven by one of more CPUs," and
should relieve any confusion surrounding this issue going forward.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
namcos1099u1red [Aaron Giles]
mcr3099u1yel [Aaron Giles]
zaxxon088u2gre [Derrick Renaud]
sprint1097gre [Derrick Renaud]
sdgndmps058gre [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
gunforc2058gre [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
More input port cleanup: [Aaron Giles]
- Fixed input port handlers that used the port_tag_to_handler calls.
- Simplified the reading/writing of input ports so they work more reliably.
- Only write changed settings to the .cfg files.
- Fixed saving of analog port configurations.
Updated to the latest zlib. [Atari Ace]
Added flipscreen to Pop Bingo. Added some disable registers for tilemaps/
sprites (fixing the bug in lastday demo). [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Fixed some video bugs in Party Time. [David Haywood]
Adjusted Namco CUS30 noise frequency. [BUT]
Fixed input ports in djmain. [BUT]
Several Konami improvements: [R. Belmont]
- Added support for "external memory address" registers on the YMZ280B,
which can be used to read the contents of attached ROM or RAM.
- Hooked up the mask ROM tests in the service menu - both the tile
character ROMS and the sound ROMs now can be tested.
- Added secondary control register.
- Hooked up IRQ control.
- Renamed ROMs for both games to include PCB location information.
Some improvements to the DECO cassette games: [Juergen Buchmueller]
- Treasure Island graphics ROMs (overlay board) mapped according to
findings by debugging the game code.
- Swapped image names for ctislnd2 and ctislnd3 to match the driver names;
ctislnd3 is the not yet working set; removed IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS flag.
- Found bitswap for Zeroize type #3 dongle; found hack to get it running w/o
the dongle ROM by debugging the game code; changed year to 1983; removed
SHARC/Model 2 updates: [Ville Linde]
- Reworked the SHARC internal ram implementation so that multiple instances
of the core work.
- Added data address space
- Added coprocessor input and output FIFO's to Model 2.
- Updated Konami zr107, gticlub, nwk-tr, hornet to work with the SHARC
Seibu SPI improvements: [Ville Linde]
- Fixed sprite priority issues
- Added support for pen-based alpha to sprites and tilemaps. It's currently
using fixed alpha table for all games, but this seems to break some
games, so it probably isn't correct.
Fixed the discrete sound 555 timer modules when using actual DC mode.
Added low-frequency oscillator (LFO) to YMF271 emulator. [Ville Linde]
Improvements to the dcon driver: [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Fixed sprites - sprites priorities
- Fixed sprites - tilemaps priorities
- Added wrap around and flipy in sprites
Added MNG recording support (shift+F12 by default). [Mathis Rosenhauer]
Fixed 6309 division instructions overflow behavior on the HD6309.
Fixed more YMF271 issues: [Ville Linde]
- The mix buffer pointer was not being reset between two 2-operator FM
sounds, causing missing sounds.
- Fixed some bugs in the phase modulation of FM sounds
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Super Derby [David Haywood]
Champion Skill [Mirko Buffoni]
Pontoon (Tehkan) [Zsolt Vasvari]
Lovely Poker [Uki/El Condor]
Golden Star [Mirko Buffoni]
Jolly Card/Jolly Poker [Curt Coder, Peter Trauner]
Inter Game Poker [Curt Coder, Peter Trauner]
Magic Card II [Curt Coder, Peter Trauner]
Zeroize (casette) [Juergen Buchmueller]
Lucky Today [Curt Coder]
Chewing Gum [Curt Coder]
Royal Casino [Curt Coder]
Vegas Roulette [Curt Coder]
Jin [David Haywood]
Attack Ufo [Tomasz Slanina]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Roulette (Playmark) [David Haywood]
Bubble Trouble [David Haywood]
American Poker II [Curt Coder]
Cherry Master [Curt Coder]
Cherry Master II v8.41 [Curt Coder]
Lucky 8 Lines [Curt Coder]
Starspinner [Curt Coder]
906III Video Poker [Curt Coder]