MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
hanagumi082red [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
rtypeleo062gre [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
labyrunr080u1gre [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
tricktrp061gre [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
gng37b4gre [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
battlane076u2gre [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Updates to the ST-V driver: [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
- vdp2: added rotation in RBG0 layer (improves diehard, vfkids,
vfremix, thunt, sassisu backgrounds)
- vdp2: added 15bit RGB tilemaps (used by thunt)
- vdp2: added opaque alpha blended bitmaps (fixes missing gfx in
- vdp2: added enable bit for RGB sprites (fixes some bad sprites in
- vdp2: added alpha blending for RGB sprites
- vdp1: fixed polygon drawing
- vdp1: added line drawing
- sh2: fixed bug in division unit
- sh2: added callback called when cpu reads FTCSR register (intended
for idle loop skipping for slave sh2 in stv)
- stv: added idle loop skipping for several games
- dsp: fixed dma (fixes some bad gfx in thunt)
Added dsp56k CPU core and hooked it up to the Polygonet Commanders
driver. [Andrew Gardner]
SCSI hard disk updates: [R. Belmont]
- Added FORMAT UNIT, READ (6 byte), WRITE (6 byte), READ (12 byte),
MODE SENSE, and READ CAPACITY commands.
- Changed INQUIRY to ID as a real Seagate model, which makes MacOS
much happier than a manufacturer code of "MAME".
- Some MESS-specific tweeks to initialization.
Fixed all the volume table calculations in the YMF271 core. [Ville Linde]
SPI Improvements: [Ville Linde, Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Added real coin inputs. The previously used coin input was service coin
- Hooked up eeprom in rdft2us, rfjetus and rdft22kc
Fixed recent LSI53C810 update which caused the Model 3 games to crash.
Fixed PowerPC recompiler so that Scud Race works again. [Ville Linde]
Significant overhaul of the user interface infrastructure: [Aaron Giles]
- All user interface rendering is now cached until the end and rendered
in one pass.
- A large number of extraneous and redundant functions have been removed
and replaced with a smaller set of more flexible APIs.
- Global access to the UI fonts and colortables is now gone, they are
private to the user interface code.
- All global user interface function names have been normalized. Most
importantly, usrintf_showmessage is now ui_popup.
- Pause behavior has been redefined; instead of sitting in a tight loop,
the code proceeds normally, but the CPU execution system does not
- Code for the menus has been reworked; some menus are temporarily not
available (cheats, memory cards).
Removed the internal display of history.dat. Cramming this kind of data
into MAME's limited UI is not really useful, and viewing the history.dat
information is supported by many frontends and websites. [Aaron Giles]
Removed the following obsolete and/or redundant command line options from
the Windows build: [Aaron Giles]
Removed the "Press any key" prompts when displaying ROM warnings. Instead,
a warning about bad/missing ROMs is now displayed on the warnings screen.
Details of the bad/missing ROMs are still printed to the console.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Taisen Tanto-R Sashissu!! (J 980216 V1.000) [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Tetris (Japan, System E) [David Haywood]
New clones added
GTI Club (ver JAA) [Arzeno Fabrice]
Master of Weapon (US) [Arzeno Fabrice]
Sunset Riders (4 Players ver EAA) [Johan Samuelsson]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Forte Card [David Haywood]
Jackpot Pool (Italy, bootleg) [David Haywood]