MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
docastle093u2ora [Corrado Tomaselli]
sindbadm37b2gre [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
mgakuen094u1gra [Roberto Fresca]
tdfeverj087u4gra [Roberto Fresca]
Completed renaming of core structures. Most pervasive change was "struct
tilemap" is now just "tilemap". [Aaron Giles]
Added save state support to the Cinematronics vector games. [Buddabing]
Added blending to the alt tilemap code in psikyosh.c, fixing the final
boss in Sol Divide. [David Haywood]
Improvements to the Witch/Pinball Champ '95 driver: [Sebasten Hegon]
* The games now show some graphics (the palette seems OK) and play some
music and sounds.
* Since the controls are not yet figured out completely, they are still
mapped as dipswitches.
* An NVRAM reset is required the first time you launch Witch (via the
associated dipswitch). Pinball Champ seems to automatically do this.
* The sound part required some patching in sound/es8712.c. I disabled
the hardcoded inconditional looping, and made the sound start when
writing at offset 0x06 (cf patch). vmetal does not seem to be affected.
* As far as gameplay is concerned, the ball will freeze (in game and
demo mode), and I don't know why. The video hardware is not completely
figured out and may be the culprit.
* The coin in/out mecanism needs some work too.
Some improvements to Jolly Card: [Roberto Fresca]
* Added extra hardware info (pinouts and dips).
* Added the correct dipswitch to Jolly Card. Hopper and Points/pulse not
tested due to preliminary driver state. The rest are working properly.
Remember to delete the nvram and reinitialize to see some changes.
* Added almost the same dipswitch to Magic Card II (Bulgaria).
Significant changes to the save state system: [Aaron Giles]
* Added alternate save state pre-/post-load function types that take
integer or pointer parameters. Updated several sound cores and other
files to take advantage of this.
* Made state handler registrations track like other scoped resources
(timers, memory) so that registrations can occur as late as
* Added logic to detect registrations after MACHINE_INIT time and prevent
saves in that case.
* Added logic to detect when CPUs or sound chips haven't registered
anything to save/load. When this happens, info is logged to error.log
and saves/loads are disallowed.
* Allocated timers are now automatically saved and restored as part of
the save state. The global time is now restored as well as a bunch of
CPU execution state. This should produce more reliable restores.
* Added logic to defer saves until all anonymous timers have cleared. If
a driver uses many anonymous timers it may not be possible to ever
successfully save, so the operation will time out after one second.
* Before restoring, the machine is now reset. This gives a more
consistent environment for the load to occur.
* Re-enabled save state support for YM2151.
* Added save state support to the classic Namco sound system.
* Added save state support to the samples sound system.
* Removed anonymous timer usage in machine/scramble.c.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Muroge Monaco [David Haywood]
The First Funky Fighter [Luca Elia]
New clones added
SAR - Search And Rescue (Japan) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
American Poker II (set 4) [Roberto Fresca]
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
quarth37b1gre [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
devilw36b10yel [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
vulcan137b1gre, part 7 [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Added memory card and cheat menus back into the system. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed MNG recording problem that was introduced in u3. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed crash when running vector games that was introduced in u3.
Cleaned up/normalized the naming of several core structures in an
attempt to impose some order on coding conventions in the core code:
struct InputPortDefinition -> input_port_default_entry
struct InputPort -> input_port_entry
struct RegionInfo -> region_info
struct RunningMachine -> running_machine
struct GameOptions -> global_options
struct GameDriver -> game_driver
struct InternalMachineDriver -> machine_config
struct MachineCPU -> cpu_config
struct MachineSoundRoute -> sound_route
struct MachineSound -> sound_config
struct MachineSpeaker -> speaker_config
struct RomModule -> rom_entry
struct SystemBios -> bios_entry
struct GfxLayout -> gfx_layout
struct GfxElement -> gfx_element
struct GfxDecodeInfo -> gfx_decode
Plus many others along the same lines (follow the pattern). Note that this
work is not yet complete. In addition, a few of the more pervasive structs
(mame_bitmap, rectangle) will be left until a non-diff release (0.100).
Removed -skip_disclaimer since it automatically goes away after the first
time execution. [Aaron Giles]
Created new NMK112 ROM banking module and connected it up to a number of
drivers that made use of it. Affected games are in cave.c, nmk16.c,
powerins.c, quizpani.c, toaplan2.c. [Alex W. Jackson]
Added missing buttons to Showdown. [David Widel]
Fixed the PULUW instruction on the 6309 disassembler. [Nathan Woods]
Fixed the state save facility play better on multisession ports if
initialization fails. [Tim Lindner]
New clones added
Plotting (US) [David Haywood]]
Fixed crash that was introduced with the state saving updates last time.
Finished renaming. Major changes this time: [Aaron Giles]
struct mame_bitmap -> mame_bitmap
struct rectangle -> rectangle
data8_t -> UINT8
data16_t -> UINT16
data32_t -> UINT32
data64_t -> UINT64
Renamed pbchmp95.c driver to witch.c. [David Haywood]
Fixed some bad colors in spelunkr background. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Fixed background position in hharry. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Added discrete sound effects to Spiders. [Hans Andersson, Don Maeby]
New clones added
Sharpshooter v1.1 [Brian Troha]
Shuffleshot (v1.40) [Brian Troha]