Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectRCATT Reply to this message
Posted bysphincter
Posted on09/21/05 03:43 PM



I also posted this over on the MAME Fun/Fluff forum, but was hoping that since there's a bit more traffic here someone might be able to answer the question for me.

I'm trying to get in contact with whomever is responsible for RCATT these days - it hasn't been updated since November of 2001, and I'd be interested in getting it running again. If anyone can help with contact information, please let me know who I'd need to talk to.


SubjectRe: RCATT new Reply to this message
Posted bydjjeremy
Posted on09/21/05 07:02 PM



It'd probably be easier to start a new site and build from what that site started. Plus that design is kind of dated.
Let me know, maybe I can host you if you have a good idea.
> I also posted this over on the MAME Fun/Fluff forum, but was hoping that since
> there's a bit more traffic here someone might be able to answer the question for
> me.
>
> I'm trying to get in contact with whomever is responsible for RCATT these days -
> it hasn't been updated since November of 2001, and I'd be interested in getting
> it running again. If anyone can help with contact information, please let me
> know who I'd need to talk to.
>



SubjectActually... new Reply to this message
Posted bysphincter
Posted on09/21/05 07:25 PM



> It'd probably be easier to start a new site and build from what that site
> started. Plus that design is kind of dated.

That's pretty much what I was thinking - keeping the aesthetics was never much of a consideration :) Did a wget of the site this morning, so have all the content.

> Let me know, maybe I can host you if you have a good idea.

Well, I'd like it to be database-driven so that it's actually searchable - something along the lines of how mame.dk used to work was what I was thinking of. As for the design, someone else can handle that.


SubjectYou mean like this? new Reply to this message
Posted bySune_S
Posted on09/22/05 07:41 AM




> Well, I'd like it to be database-driven so that it's actually searchable -
> something along the lines of how mame.dk used to work was what I was thinking
> of.

http://www.mameworld.net/maws

-Sune




SubjectMore or less... new Reply to this message
Posted bysphincter
Posted on09/22/05 11:57 AM



> http://www.mameworld.net/maws

Slightly *less* searchable, but that's pretty much the basic idea right there :)


SubjectRe: More or less... new Reply to this message
Posted bydjjeremy
Posted on09/23/05 03:57 AM



> > http://www.mameworld.net/maws
>
> Slightly *less* searchable, but that's pretty much the basic idea right there :)
>
That's a pretty complex site of information. never knew it existed. now that's a lot of database driven info. :)
What's your idea sphincter?



SubjectRe: More or less... new Reply to this message
Posted bysphincter
Posted on09/23/05 11:50 AM



> What's your idea sphincter?

Basically similar to MAWS, only slightly less comprehensive. Searchable by game name, ROM name, contributor, or keyword. Would allow for screenshots for a) game title and b) showing the effect of a particular easter egg / bug. Break multiple tips for the same game up into separate entries that can be combined into a single page.

That's about what I'd like to do with it - like I said, basically a less-comprehensive version of MAWS.




SubjectRe: More or less... new Reply to this message
Posted bydjjeremy
Posted on09/25/05 10:11 PM



hey man, email me at me"@"djjeremy.net and we can start setting things up.

-Jeremy


Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode