Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectpSX Emulator v1.3 new Reply to this message
Posted byRoushiMSX
Posted on03/04/06 10:31 PM



http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

Fixed several GTE bugs (Crash Bandicoot 3 + others)
More accurate SPU noise and FM (FF7 and ChronoCross sound correct)
Set mask bit for lines (MGS frequency display now works)
Fixed bug where primitive coordinates were not sign extended (ChronoCross)
Swapped analog sticks
Fixed pad force feedback crash (now properly enumerates actuators)
Disabled vsync in windowed mode to fix speed problems
Fixed SPU looping bug: -S option is no longer required (now ignored)
Fixed bug where starting in fullscreen would incorrectly resize window
Fixed debugger GPU capture
Added preliminary version of TheCloudOfSmoke's icon




Subjectthis emulator is awesome! new Reply to this message
Posted byJAW
Posted on03/04/06 10:51 PM



> http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/
>
> Fixed several GTE bugs (Crash Bandicoot 3 + others)
> More accurate SPU noise and FM (FF7 and ChronoCross sound correct)
> Set mask bit for lines (MGS frequency display now works)
> Fixed bug where primitive coordinates were not sign extended (ChronoCross)
> Swapped analog sticks
> Fixed pad force feedback crash (now properly enumerates actuators)
> Disabled vsync in windowed mode to fix speed problems
> Fixed SPU looping bug: -S option is no longer required (now ignored)
> Fixed bug where starting in fullscreen would incorrectly resize window
> Fixed debugger GPU capture
> Added preliminary version of TheCloudOfSmoke's icon
>
>

It's been said before but it's needs to said again ...

Finally a PSX emulator that doesn't need plugins!

Now I know that someone will debate this by saying that ePSXe is better, and it may very well be in some areas. Well, I'll put the kibosh on that argument by saying that at least this PSX emulator is actively worked on. In my opinion, that alone makes this emulator better.

And now I'm off to play around with the emulator ...

Jason


SubjectRe: this emulator is awesome! new Reply to this message
Posted byBryzian
Posted on03/06/06 01:19 PM



> Finally a PSX emulator that doesn't need plugins!

What about connectix virtual game station (whatever it was called) and bleem? lol. I remember those Emulators. This one is seriously though. Time to see if the controller is actually working correctly now!



SubjectVGS was nice new Reply to this message
Posted byRoushiMSX
Posted on03/06/06 03:20 PM



Shame the updates stopped coming after Sony bought them out.

Bleem...heh... I guess that would have really become something special if they kept updating it instead of wasting time on Bleemcast.




SubjectRe: VGS was nice new Reply to this message
Posted byIceMan
Posted on03/06/06 06:14 PM



and neither bleem! or VGS work particularly well under WinXP. I use my PS2 to emulate PS1 heh... okay so not true emulation but anyway...

ePSXe?

> Shame the updates stopped coming after Sony bought them out.
>
> Bleem...heh... I guess that would have really become something special if they
> kept updating it instead of wasting time on Bleemcast.
>
>





SubjectPlugins new Reply to this message
Posted byRoushiMSX
Posted on03/06/06 07:55 PM



> and neither bleem! or VGS work particularly well under WinXP.

Bleem is more or less worthless anyway, with jack shit for compatibility with games to begin with. VGS was nice, but since the updates stopped way too early on, there really never was a snowball's chance in hell of it working right in XP when it rolled out.

>I use my PS2 to
> emulate PS1 heh... okay so not true emulation but anyway...
>

I can't remember...what functions does the PS2 emulate? I recall people posting multiple times just what it needs to emulate and what it doesn't need to...but I can never remember. Is it just the GPU and CD ROM functions?

> ePSXe?
>

ePSXe hasn't been the "best" in a while. The emulator hasn't been updated in a long time and other PSEmuPro emulators like PSXeven and SSSPSX have since surpassed it.

But none of that matters since pSX Emulator isn't competing against ePSXe directly. PSEmuPro emulators have their little niche just like pSX Emulator has its own. If you want to fuck around with plugins, always trying to find an optimal configuration for a game, then PSEmuPro emulators are the way to go. If you want to just worry about playing games and replicating the original experience as closely as possible, then it's all about pSX Emulator.




SubjectVGS on XP new Reply to this message
Posted bySune_S
Posted on03/06/06 10:14 PM



> > and neither bleem! or VGS work particularly well under WinXP.
>
> Bleem is more or less worthless anyway, with jack shit for compatibility with
> games to begin with. VGS was nice, but since the updates stopped way too early
> on, there really never was a snowball's chance in hell of it working right in XP
> when it rolled out.

IIRC there's a Windows NT/2K/XP patch for VGS at Aldo Vargas' site.

-Sune





SubjectYou recall correctly new Reply to this message
Posted byitchyNADZ
Posted on03/08/06 07:35 PM



Here you go.








SubjectRe: You recall correctly Reply to this message
Posted byOoga
Posted on03/11/06 11:42 PM



> Here you go.
>
>
>
>
>
>


Cool. Now to see if I can find my VGS disc. :)


Subjectis it software rendering? new Reply to this message
Posted byrimmerchant
Posted on03/18/06 11:52 AM



I tried it and it runs pretty good but the setup u can't set the resolution or much gfx options.

2D games looks good but 3D games looks crappy like the original PSX with low res and no texture filtering.






SubjectYes new Reply to this message
Posted bySune_S
Posted on03/18/06 02:21 PM



> I tried it and it runs pretty good but the setup u can't set the resolution or
> much gfx options.

Yes, thank god.

> 2D games looks good but 3D games looks crappy like the original PSX with low res
> and no texture filtering.

If you don't like it, you can use ePSXe or one of the other Playstation emulators that use plug-ins to enhance the graphics.

-Sune







SubjectRe: Yes new Reply to this message
Posted byrimmerchant
Posted on03/20/06 02:57 PM



this is fine, it seems to run RIDGE RACER revolution at full speed. while for some reason epsxe runs it slower even tho my machine is more than enough horse power.

gonna try other games that have speed problems on espxe and see how it runs.

btw: I've only tested 3 games on it so far and they run fine. how is the compatability? and accuracy of the emu?

thanks

> > I tried it and it runs pretty good but the setup u can't set the resolution or
> > much gfx options.
>
> Yes, thank god.
>
> > 2D games looks good but 3D games looks crappy like the original PSX with low
> res
> > and no texture filtering.
>
> If you don't like it, you can use ePSXe or one of the other Playstation
> emulators that use plug-ins to enhance the graphics.
>
> -Sune
>





Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode