RockNES v5.00 BETA 1 RELEASED.
What's new for version 5.00 BETA 1 (03/13/2006)
- Major CPU core rebuilding, now using cycle precision timing.
- Opcode 3Ch emulated (NOP6) for our playing needs.
- Major APU timing, output and core fixes, much more accurate and clean.
- Major PPU timing fix, pass OK through test ROMs.
- Optional sound quirk emulation.
- Sprites 0 and 1 behaviour fixed (Tatakai no Banka works).
- Better 2004h sprite reading emulation (no flickering in Micro Machines).
- Fixed screen rendering when disabled (Micro Machines).
- Fixed DMC clocking, making FireHawk game to work properly.
- Fixed VRC6 sound output, now using fully signed waves (much better).
- Several fixes in order to improve emulation performance.
- Disabled save or loading states during movie playback.
- Disabled joypad keypresses like up+down or left+right (Zelda 2).
- Fixed a bug reading the config file, no more blanks at end of strings.
- Changed joypad buttons assignment in the config file, fixing stupid errors.
- Fixed many GUI problems, including dumping and file saving.
- New savestate block added: PTB0 (PPU timing block).
- Fixed a bug in the savestate [MPR block], plus added an extra block for APU.
- Updated RSx revision id, now only revision 2 are loadable/supported.
- Illegal opcodes are simply skipped, instead of quitting to OS.
- Added mouse gameplay support!
- Added command line support.
- Added 'stretched to 640x480 non-scanlined' blitter.
- Added new 'Options' GUI item, so you can configure inputs, sound, blitter and directories!
- Config file reworked, fixing a few minor bugs.
- Frames per second (FPS) display added.
- A couple of hidden annoyances has been fixed.
- Mapper 4 (MMC3) disabled due to bad IRQ counter working (to be fixed).
- Broken trainer support (to be fixed).
- Other minor fixes and improvements that I don't remember...