WARNING: As of this build, the new rendering system is enabled by
default. The primary focus at this point is compatibility, not
performance. Compared to the old -ddraw system, it will appear
slower when fully unthrottled because there is not a good mechanism
to skip the render if the graphics hardware is still busy like we
used to do. If you have any trouble getting a correct display or
if you get warning messages printed out when starting MAME, please
post about them on http://mametesters.org.
SECONDARY WARNING: The command line and INI parsing code was
rewritten. If you notice any problems with handling of parameters
in either case, please report the bugs on http://mametesters.org.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
colmns970105gra [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Added a size parameter to osd_free_executable(). [Olivier Galibert]
Fixed flash rom writes in dgpix games. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
More fixes/improvements to jalmah.c DIP switches: [Roberto Fresca]
- Added flip screen DIP switch.
Daireika, urashima & mjzoomin:
- Added flip screen DIP switch.
- Fixed test/service DIP switch.
- Fixed complete coinage.
Added save state support to the 1942, 1943 and 1945kiii drivers.
Fixed blitters to work with 15-bit direct RGB modes. [Nathan Woods]
Refactored resource tracking code, auto_malloc(), auto_strdup()
etc into a separate module, restrack.c. [Nathan Woods]
Moved large stack buffers into heap buffers to work better on systems
with small stacks. [Lawrence Gold]
Fixed a subtle auditing issue when both parents and clones had
NO_DUMP ROMs in their manifests. [Hobbes@Play]
Tweaks to the MSVC compiler support: [AtariAce]
- Removed _MSC_VER specific #pragmas in nec.c
- Removed _MSC_VER specific #include in winprefix.h
- Changed makefile to bootstrap vconv.exe with cl instead of gcc
- Changed calls to lib to use link /lib instead
- Updated vconv to only use /arch:SSE2 for VC71 and later
- Cleaned up the profiler code in winmain.c
- Removed the direct dependency of MAME on shell32 has been
- Tweaked a couple of preprocessor definitions so we compile as far
back as MSVC 5.0
Massive DIP switch update to the following drivers: actfancr,
aliens, angelkds, argus, asuka, bwing, compgolf, cop01, dblewing,
dec8, dogfgt, dooyong, fuukifg2, homedata, jcross, kaneko16, m92,
mainevt, megasys1, metro, ms32, nmk16, paradise, seta, seta2,
shisen, snk, ssv, system1, taito_b, taito_f2, taito_l, tecmo,
thedeep, thepit, ultraman. [Brian Troha, Guru, Yasuhiro Ogawa]
Added code in the debug build to put random data in allocated memory.
Removed remaining chunks of x86 assembly code, as well as references
to NASM in the makefiles. [Aaron Giles]
Rewrote the options parsing code to be more flexible and generic.
A new core source file options.c provides the ability to add and
maintain a database of key/value pairs, which can be queried at
runtime. Reconnected all existing frontend options through this code.
Bounds checking on options for the old renderer is pretty loose, and
several more complicated options have been disconnected as a result.
If you are still running with the old renderer, be careful.
Reorganized fronthlp.c to be one step closer to universal. One more
layer of abstraction and hopefully it will be able to move up into
the core. [Aaron Giles]
New options to control multiple screens in the new renderer:
-numscreens specifies how many windows to create
-screen0/screen1/... specifies the name of the screen for each window
-resolution0/resolution1/... specifies resolution for each window
-aspect0/aspect1/... specifies aspect ratio for each screen
-view0/view1/... specifies starting view for each screen
Deprecated osd_skip_this_frame() with the new renderer. osd_update()
now returns TRUE if it wants to skip the following frame. [Aaron Giles]
Fixes to the new rendering system: [Aaron Giles]
- Enabled new renderer by default
- Fixed crash at startup due to uninitialized memory
- Fixed crash at shutdown due to incorrect shutdown order
- Fixed rendering of 15-bit direct RGB games
- Fixed weird frameskipping issues
- Fixed off-by-one error on visible area
- Added proper clipping of quad primitives
- Optimized the clearing step to avoid redundant drawing
- Brought software-only case up to support all major blending types
- Added support for -filter option
- Reconnected snapshots, though they are unrotated and screen 0 only
- Fixed several UI problems with new video options menu
- More strongly defined the blending modes to produce correct effects
- Added a flag to indicate textures that are of screen bitmaps
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Mario Lemieux Hockey (Mega-Tech) [David Haywood, Guru]
Highway Chase (Cassette) [David Widel, Juergen Buchmueller]
Critter Crusher [Mariusz Wojcieszek, gbluma]
Daikaiju no Gyakushu [Tomasz Slanina, Guru]
New clones added
Turtle Ship (North America) [Brian Troha]
The wise man knows when he does not know enough