MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
mf_bdash0108u4gre [Aaron Giles]
Fixed priority in galivan and danger (and clones). Added save state
support to all games in galivan.c. Fixed portability issue in DAC
audio save states. [Vas Crabb]
Fixed bug in software renderer that prevented lower-resolution
targets from being properly supported. [smf]
Rewrote the Atari vector generators, using the schematics and actual
state machine PROMs. The state machine is now emulated so timing
should be much more realistic. Clipping hardware in bzone and others
is emulated instead of hardcoded. Improved accuracy of clocks and
various other bits of cleanup. [Mathis Rosenhauer]
Some more cleanups to the getrivia, findout, and merit drivers:
- corrected order of buttons and lamps in the games
- removed impulse(2) from buttons -> buttons respond much better now
- added coin 2 to Selection and Trivia
- Poker and Sexual Trivia have no coin 2 -> unique inputs defined
- used PORT_INCLUDE() and PORT_MODIFY() where possible
- connected outputs for use with artwork
Major updates to the Nintendo 64 based driver. [Ville Linde]
More improvements to the pmpoker driver: [Roberto Fresca]
- Confirmed the GFX banks (a complete dump appeared!).
- Improved technical notes and added a PCB layout based on PCB pics.
- Found and fixed the 3rd bitplane of BigBoy gfx.
- Renamed Big-Boy to Golden Poker Double Up.
- Added 'Joker Poker' (Golden Poker version without 'double-up').
- Added 'Jack Potten's Poker' (same as Joker Poker, but with
'Aces or better' instead of jacks).
- Simulated colors for all sets till color PROMs appear.
- Completed inputs in all sets (except DIP switches).
Undid previous (incorrect) 'fix' of shangha3 sound clock. [Canim]
Implemented some port conditions for gmgalax, so you only see the
relevant DIP switches for the active game. [Canim]
Numerous fixes to the cheat engine. [ShimaPong]
Updated the TN2A03 CPU to match the proper cycle timings and
unsupported opcodes revealed by Blargg's NES chip test. [Wilbert Pol]
Another big update to the ST-V driver: [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
- scsp: improved interrupt reset. diehard, dnmtdeka, vfkids,
- colmns97 have sound now
- vdp1: added mesh effect for the sprites
- vdp1: added polylines
- vdp2: optimized rbg rendering
- stv: added speedups for dnmtdeka and diehard
- stv: corrected some set names/descriptions
Fixed crash in Windows code if we are unable to create sound buffers.
Fixed bug that caused Turbo sprites to be exceedingly large.
Began rewrite of Grand Champion driver. Still work to do on collision
detection, radar, and some glitches. [Aaron Giles]
Added new output utilities: output_set_led_value(),
output_set_digit_value(), output_set_lamp_value(), which are used to
set a generic indexed data type. Changed Turbo and Max-a-Flex over to
using output_set_digit_value() for their digits. [Aaron Giles]
Rewrote the PNG reading/saving code, improving error reporting and
simplifying the code significantly. [Aaron Giles]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Pocket Racer [smf, Guru]
PlayMan Poker (Germany) [Roberto Fresca]
Killer Instinct (SNES bootleg) [Tomasz Slanina]
Real Fun (Version 7.01) [Brian Troha]
New clones added
World Class Bowling (v1.5) [Brian Troha]
Gryzor (Set 2) [Stefan Lindberg]
Power Drift (World) [Stefan Lindberg]
Strikers 1945 (Korea) [Stefan Lindberg]
10-Yard Fight (World) [Brian Troha]
Final Lap R (Japan Rev. C) [Arzeno Fabrice]
MAME Plus! 0.108u5
The wise man knows when he does not know enough