MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
01216 [Tomasz Slanina]
01436 [Aaron Giles]
01482 [Zsolt Vasvari]
Fixed flickering in Electric Yo-Yo. Changed qix driver to use the
MC6845's VSYNC notification for interrupts. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Removed machine from the parameters of some of the device_get_info
and device_set_info calls because that information is stored
with the device now. [Aaron Giles]
Changed device interfaces to pass the device_config * rather
than tokens and individual bits to the device callbacks. Updated
all existing devices accordingly. [Aaron Giles]
A number of changes to remove references to screens by index and
make the video system based strictly upon the screen devices:
* changed vblank_state_changed_func to now have a device_config
* removed runnning_machine as the first parameter of a VBLANK
* removed video_data from running_machine
* private state screen information now hangs off the public one,
instead of the other way around
* combined video_global and video_private into a single structure
* moved populating screen_state from mame.c to video.c
* removed defstate; the default screen parameters live in
* moved 'refresh' from public to internal video state and renamed
it to 'frame_period'
* changed all drivers that previously accessed 'refresh' to use
* changed VIDEO_UPDATE signature to pass the screen device
* added const device_config *primary_screen to running_machine
* changed first argument of video_screen_* functions to take a
device_config; all callers that used 0 for the screen number now
* changed game info screen and overlay UI to display the screen tag
instead of screen number
* added video_screen_get_visible_area()
* changed render.c to use screen devices
* removed direct driver access to machine->screen array
* added video_screen_auto_bitmap_alloc(screen)
* the Dynax/Don Den Lover games now do their updating in VIDEO_UPDATE
instead of VIDEO_EOF. Seems to have fixed the palette problems
* hooked up swapped videoram in Karnov properly -- same idea as
* removed the public screen_state object -- all access is via
* removed screen object from running_machine
* removed MAX_SCREENS constant -- there is no longer a hardcoded
Changed the MC6845 to take and pass device_config's only. The
following shook out from this that are applicable to other devices
as well: [Zsolt Vasvari]
- running_machine is no longer taken, passed or stored
- mc6845_t is now private
- since passing device_config's is not device type safe, I added a
get_safe_token() to mc6845.c to check the device passed in for
the valid type.
Removed video_data from running_machine. Private state screen
information now hangs off the public one, instead of the other way
around. Combined video_global and video_private into a single
structure. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Fixed the crash in Galaga caused by the slightly altered video timing.
Converted address maps to tokens. Changed the address_map structure
to house global map-wide information and hung a list of entries off
of it corresponding to each address range. Introduced new functions
address_map_alloc() and address_map_free() to build/destroy these
structures. Updated all code as necessary. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed several instances of porttagtohandler*() in the address maps.
Drivers should use AM_READ_PORT() macros instead. [Aaron Giles]
ADDRESS_MAP_EXTERN() now is required to specify the number of
databits, just like ADDRESS_MAP_START. [Aaron Giles]
Removed ADDRESS_MAP_FLAGS() grossness. There are now three new macros
which replace its former usage. ADDRESS_MAP_GLOBAL_MASK(mask)
specifies a global address-space-wide mask on all addresses. Useful
for cases where one or more address lines simply are not used at
all. And ADDRESS_MAP_UNMAP_LOW/HIGH specifies the behavior of
unmapped reads (do they come back as 0 or ~0). [Aaron Giles]
Changed internal memory mapping behavior to keep only a single
address map and store the byte-adjusted values next in the address
map entries rather than maintaining two separate maps. Many other
small internal changes/cleanups. [Aaron Giles]
Changed MC6845 to take a screen tag instead of a screen number.
Voodoo now takes a device_config for the screen. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Changed TMS34010 to take a screen tag instead of screen number.
Replaced the following macros (SMH == static memory handler)
MRA*_BANK*/MRA*_BANK* -> SMH_BANK*
MRA*_RAM/MRA*_ROM -> SMH_RAM
MRA*_ROM/MWA*_ROM -> SMH_ROM
MRA*_NOP/MWA*_NOP -> SMH_NOP
MRA*_UNMAP/MWA*_UNMAP -> SMH_UNMAP
This removes the silly need for a bunch of redundant constants
with faux type definitions that didn't buy anything. [Aaron Giles]
Moved some memory system constants into memory.c. [Aaron Giles]
Converted atarigen and tms34061 to be handle based. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Changed how the PowerPC MMU is enabled at compile time, to cut down
on the amount of unused functions in MAME. [Nathan Woods]
Some additional memory system cleanups: [Aaron Giles]
* Made address versus byte offsets explicit throughout.
* Removed some unused parameters.
* Consolidated initialization process.
* Removed maximum memory block count.
* Centralized bank management.
* Added masked handlers and change_pc to the accessors.
* Added memory_get_accessors() to return a pointer to the accessors
for a given address space/databus width/endian configuration.
Adds some new 6845 varieties: MC6845-1, H46505, HD6845 and SY6545-1.
Moved crosshair code from video.c into its own module. Simplified
crosshair logic and made it screen device based. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Saturate MultiPCM on clip and fix envelope discontinuity. [ElSemi]
Fixed loading mixer settings when the driver default value is
calculated. [Nicola Salmoria]
Removed cpu_scalebyfcount(). Changed input ports to register a frame
callback, which is called immediately after throttling and updating.
This is the proper "sync point" between emulated time and real time.
Moved all analog and digital port processing into a central place
here. Added tracking of time since the previous frame update and use
that as an estimate for the time of the current frame. This is used
to scale analog ports without the use of cpu_scalebyfcount(). This
is not perfect in the case where frame rates are dynamic (vector
games), but works well for other cases. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed VBLANK end time computation and video_screen_get_vblank() --
they weren't taking into account games that use
MDRV_SCREEN_VBLANK_TIME. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Fixed 68000 prefetching operation. Previous behavior was incorrect.
Changed slapstic management to always install an opbase handler to
more aggressively catch code executing in the slapstic region.
Updated all drivers to separate the slapstic region of ROM into a
different ROM section from the fixed ROM. [Aaron Giles]
superqix.c changes: [Mike Haaland]
- Changed vblank interrupts to 3 to fix screen drawing issues.
- Used memory_configure_bank() to configure memory.
- Added save states.
Added some clock frequency changes which were documented in u4 but
which did not apply due to operator error. [Corrado Tomaselli]
Added layout to crop corners in Electric Yo-Yo. [Mr. Do!]
Added support for Sega Virtua Processor, to run Genesis/MegaDrive
version of Virtua Racing, intended to be used by MESS. It consists
of a CPU core SSP1601, and updates in megadriv.c: [notaz]
* SSP1601 replaces SSP1610, as it has been confirmed that SVP
actually contains SSP1601. The current SSP1610 is only a
placeholder (nearly completely unimplemented) anyway.
* Changed megadriv.c add a new driver for Genesis/MegaDrive+SVP
combination, also add SVP memory controller logic and memory map.
Phase 2 of the Deal 'Em input changes (these work well with the
default cabinet type, I need to do some conditional input work
to fix them fully), and also a conversion to the resnet code.
Unfortunately, this still doesn't fix the apparently needed
transparency. [James Wallace]
Simplified inputs, improved DIP switches, and added DIP locations
to punchout.c, bankp.c, and baraduke.c. [RansAckeR]
In asuka.c, created MACHINE_START( asuka ) to configure cpu2 banks
with memory_configure_bank(). All drivers support save states, with
the exception of cadash and clones, the background does not load
properly. [Mike Haaland]
Fixed M68000 build logic to only include it if enabled. [Fabio Priuli]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Amuse (Version 50.08 IBA) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Joker Poker (Version 16.03B) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Super Bowl (Version 16.03B) [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Pit Boss II [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Super Pit Boss [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Pit Boss Megastar [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Megatouch IV [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Megatouch IV Tournament Edition [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Megatouch 6 [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
New clones added
Raiden Fighters (Austria) [Corrado Tomaselli]
Get the Diff Intermediate Update here: