MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 01520: [DIP/Input] wilytowr, atomboy: dipswitch info
- 01236: [DIP/Input] psurge: Power Surge isn't coining up.
- 01521: [Gameplay] ar_sdwr: Game hangs on title screen
- 01477: [Gameplay] metamrph, metamrpj, metamrpu: Game doesn't start
- 01452: [Misc.] boobhack: Crashes
- 01474: [Sound] ninjakd2, ninjak2a, ninjak2b, rdaction: Ninja-Kid II
- 01461: [Misc.] mazinger: reset caused by the watchedog message
- 01440: [Speed] mazingar, agallet: Terrible slow down in some scenes.
- 01087: [Misc.] spbactn, spbactnj: Crash in debug build. Corrupted
graphics in normal build.
- 00223: [Graphics] splndrbt: On the first level when you pass the
asteroid belt the star road should be light blue instead of
black like mam
- 00220: [Graphics] splndrbt: Concerning the gfx, on the pcb the
background is not linear as shown in mame.
- 00217: [Graphics] splndrbt: On boot the pcb displays a clean light
blu screen while in mame there is a black road.
- 01531: [Misc.] polygon-based drivers: winwork.c memory leak
- 00150: [Misc.] alpinr2b, alpinesa : Assertion with -debug
- 01462: [Save/Restore] atarimo_render-based drivers: Crash when
loading an autosave save state
- 01538: [Core] -verifysamples: Inconsistent handling of missing
- 01491: [Interface] switchres causes Exception at EIP=009413BF:
- 01529: [Misc.] AICA memory leak
- 01511: [Save/Restore] batman: Fails to load autosave state
- 01536: [Misc.] uballoon: Access Violation with -debug
- 01535: [Misc.] usclssic: Access Violation with -debug
- 01465: [Misc.] topgunnr: Crashes
- 01534: [Misc.] ajax, ajaxj, typhoon: Access Violation with -debug
- 01019: [Sound] Various Drivers: List of drivers with sound clipping
- 01499: [Multisession] Various Drivers: Launching games from in-game
[TAB] menu 2-3 times in a row throws access violation.
- 01453: [Misc.] troangel, newtangl: Crashes
- 01463: [Misc.] connect4, mpu4met0, mpu4tst2, mpu4utst, bctvidbs:
- 01475: [Misc.] Screenless systems are broken because of a vblank
- 01486: [Gameplay] meritm.c: access violation for all games
- 01530: [Misc.] Various Drivers: bitmap memory leaks
- 01508: [Misc.] most vector-based drivers: Assertions
- 01527: [Misc.] all meritm.c drivers: Assertion
- 01528: [Misc.] pzlestar, sexyboom: Assertion
- 01522: [Misc.] all ddragon.c drivers: Assertion
- 01523: [Misc.] nkdodge, nkdodgeb, spdodgeb: Assertion
- 01524: [Misc.] btoads: Assertion
- 01526: [Misc.] futflash, laserbas, laserbsa: Assertion
- 01507: [Misc.] all naomi.c drivers: Assertion
- 01503: [Misc.] sidearjp, sidearmr, sidearms: Assertion
- 01509: [Misc.] backfire, backfira: Assertion
- 01501: [Misc.] all m107.c drivers: assertion
- 01504: [Misc.] all leland.c drivers: Assertion
- 01506: [Misc.] all ataxx.c drivers: Assertion
- 01500: [Misc.] all astrocde.c drivers: assertion
- 01514: [Misc.] all cyberbal.c drivers: Assertion
- 01515: [Misc.] all atarig42.c drivers: Assertion
- 01516: [Misc.] all atarigx2.c drivers: Assertion
- 01517: [Misc.] all atarigt.c drivers: Assertion
- 01505: [Misc.] all vicdual.c drivers: Assertion
- 01512: [Misc.] beathead: Assertion
- 01496: [Misc.] all segae.c drivers: Crashing with Access Violation
- 01498: [Gameplay] otwalls: Hangs before the game starts.
Added a new device type for timers. Where applicable, added a parallel
set of timer functions that take a device_config instead of an
emu_timer. Added MDRV_TIMER_* macros to define the timers in the
machine driver. Implemented both periodic and scanline-based timer
variants. Modified Space Encounters and Centipede to make use of this
feature. Going forward, this is the preferred way of creating periodic
timers. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Renamed *_vbl_cb to *_vblank_callback. [Aaron Giles]
Magicfly updates: [Roberto Fresca]
- Completed the component list & PCB layout.
- Added technical references to register $63 (magicfly).
- Switched crystal to new predefined format.
Funworld updates: [Roberto Fresca]
- Added proper inputs to jolyc980.
- Added temporary patch to allow bypass the "code" screen in jolyc980.
- Updated technical notes.
Changed exidy440_sound_command back to "UINT8." Since it's used by
both 8-bit and 16-bit systems, the automatic allocation is not worth
it if you need an ugly UINT16 ** cast. Removed deprecat.h from some of
the exidy files. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Fixed Air Buster bootleg from reseting because of the watchdog.
The on-screen "Reset by watchdog" message only appears in debug
builds now. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Fixed the top screen in the megatech games. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Added internal artwork for Gorf. [Mr. Do!]
Fixed memory leak in clifront.c. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Added a crosshair_set_screen() to allow drivers to control which
screen(s) on which crosshairs are displayed. [Nathan Woods]
Made it a fatalerror to registr save state callbacks at the wrong time
if the current driver claims to support save states. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed chicken and egg problem with device_start callbacks:
- Added DEVINFO_INT_TOKEN_BYTES, which is queried before device
startup. It should return the size of the structure that will
be hung off of device->token. It must not return 0.
- Changed the core device interface to allocate and zero a block
of memory the size of DEVINFO_INT_TOKEN_BYTES before calling
device_start. The pointer to this memory is already attached
to device->token at the time device_start is called.
- The primary motivation for this is to allow the device_start
function to make internal calls and pass the device_config *
around as if the object were fully constructed. Since the token
is used to indicate whether or not a device is live, this makes
the device "live" at the time device_start is called rather
than after it completes.
Moved per-screen initialization into DEVICE_START and per-screen
cleanup into DEVICE_STOP in the core video implementation.
Fixed render_target_get_minimum_size() to return nominal values
if no screens are found. [Aaron Giles]
Alpha Denshi major update: [Nicola Salmoria]
- Fixed Alpha 8201/830x MCU simulation.
- all hacks from the equites driver removed
- fixed equites restart position after going underground
- fixed hvolume, splndrbt 2 players
- removed hacks from exctsccr2
- fixed CPU gameplay in shougi
- added dump of Alpha 8201 MCU to games that use it
(the ROM isn't used yet, HMCS44 CPU core needs to be written first)
- major cleanup of the mess in equites.c:
- many thanks to Corrado Tomaselli for precious hardware info.
- implemented bg perspective scrolling using PROMs
- fixed sprite flip & disable
- fixed bg color
- converted bg to tilemaps
- fixed fg banking
- fixed screen flip
- removed meaningless banking of player inputs
- added UI adjuster for MSM5232 frequency
- MSM5232 volume control
- fixed MSM5232 noise LFSR formula (done by Jarek Burczynski;
thanks to Corrado Tomaselli for samples)
- changed MSM5232 emulator to output channels separately
- added output of SOLO channels to MSM5232 emulator.
- fixed champbas inputs
- merged talbot with champbas, some driver clenaup
- fixed shougi inputs
- switched exctsccb to use the correct gfx ROMs (matches screenshot
found in 01058 exctsccb: Exciting soccer bootleg should be placed
- fixed sprite bpp in exctscrr, removed the horrible hacks that were
used to fix colors and transparency.
- fixed sound clipping in exctsccr
- added percussions to the equites.c games using samples; sound board
emulation is still not complete. Cymbal hit and hi-hat are
missing; bassline is incorrect, and DAC output should be filtered
Fixed crash in spbactn. [Zsolt Vasvari]
In drawgfx, removed unneeded pen lookups. Did some code formatting
clean-up. [Zsolt Vasvari]
Fixed ninjakd2 PCM sample rate to match pcb measurement.
Fixed chdman -extract to a physical drive on Windows. [Aaron Giles]
Added return value to video_screen_update_partial() indicating whether
or not the VIDEO_UPDATE was called as a result. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed typo in pitnrun frequency. [Corrado Tomaselli]
DIP switch improvements: [RansAckeR]
1945kiii.c, 88games.c and 40love.c: Made use of PORT_DIPUNKNOWN_DIPLOC
40love.c: Made use of PORT_INCLUDE
8080bw.c: Added more dip locations; Made use of PORT_INCLUDE
wilytowr.c: Added dip locations for atomboy/wilytowr; Fixed coin modes
battlane.c, battlera.c, battlnts.c, bbusters.c: added dip locations
battlnts.c: made use of PORT_INCLUDE; fixed unknown dip switch
bbusters.c: added note regarding correct gun calibration
bionicc.c: Added dip locations
bladestl.c: Added dip locations, made use of PORT_INCLUDE
blockade.c: made use of PORT_INCLUDE
beezer.c: Added dip locations
bfm_sc2.c: dip switch improvements, made use of PORT_INCLUDE
Conerted the MPU4 driver to use an HD6845, as the Hitachi part was on the
PCB, while also using it to generate the VBLANK, rather than hardcoding
a value. Added the pulldown resistor to the network, and added all the
conditional inputs. Please note that on the later Cabinet Types (Ready
Steady Go-1 onwards), the 10p slot is locked out (location of the true
register for this is unknown), but the input setting is correct - you
have to use Coin 2 or higher to get money in. [James Wallace]
Fixed "garbage" (newlines) in the debugger window when debugging the
SH-4 CPU. [Oliver Stoenberg]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Gekisou [Nicola Salmoria]
Pot Game (italian) [Roberto Fresca]
New clones added
Pitfall II (315-5093, Flicky Conversion) [Corrado Tomaselli]
Thunder Dragon (4th Jun. 1991) [Corrado Tomaselli]
Get the Diff Intermediate Update here: