* Added RomInfo widget to the ROM launcher, which shows properties
information and a snapshot of the currently selected ROM. Updated the UI
and added '-romviewer' commandline argument to activate this setting.
Note that the ROM launcher will have to be sized at least 640x480 for this
to be used. Also note that the snapshots must be in 1x mode with a
maximum size of 320x260. This will be expanded on in a future release.
* Added ROM audit functionality, whereby ROMs can be physically renamed
according to their properties' name.
* Added bankswitching support for 0840, SB, X07 and 4A50. A special thanks
to Eckhard Stolberg for much help in this area.
* Removed "non-browse" functionality from the ROM launcher; it now always
uses browse/filesystem mode. The previous 'pretty' names can now be
seen by renaming all your ROMs with the new ROM audit feature.
* Huge overhaul of controller handling and Stelladaptor support, making it
much easier to add new controller types in a future release.
* Fixed paddle issues in Night Driver; paddle emulation speed should be
* Fixed several 6507 emulation bugs related to BCD handling.
* Updated ROM properties based on info from RomHunter.
* ROM properties can now be edited from the ROM launcher; you no longer
have to start a ROM to do so.
* Added support for configurable font to ROM launcher (currently only
'small' and 'large'). Updated the UI and added -launcherfont' commandline
argument to change this setting.
* Added SECAM, NTSC50, PAL60 and SECAM60 to the list of formats that can
be used. Also, switching between these modes with 'Ctrl-f' now switches
the palette only; the number of scanlines won't change.
* Fixed crash when switching between software and OpenGL mode with a
Stelladaptor plugged in.
* Added '-tiafloat' commandline argument, which determines whether or not
the TIA pins are in a 'floating' state. This is useful for testing on
certain CMOS EPROM chips where the unused TIA pins on a read are not
floating but pulled high.
* Fixed issue in debugger where once a .sym file was loaded, it was used
in all ROMs loaded after that.
* Fixed issue in debugger where equate names weren't showing up in the RAM
and CPU widgets. Note that this still isn't perfect, and needs support
from DASM for proper functionality.
* Updated state file format, creating smaller files (and in preparation
for state rewinding in a future release). Old state saves will no longer
* Added '-bs' commandline argument, which is an alias for '-type' (which
is still present).
* Removed -pXspeed' commandline arguments, and replaced them with a
* Removed '-paddle' commandline argument. The paddle currently emulated
by the mouse can still be changed with Ctrl-0..3 or within the UI, but
the setting is no longer saved.
* Reworked UI for specifying that the console ports have been swapped,
hopefully making it easier to understand.
* Added 'Ctrl-c' & 'Ctrl-v' to EditTextWidgets, allowing to copy and paste
the text widget contents. More work in this area is coming in a future
* Added 'Ctrl-leftarrow' and 'Ctrl-rightarrow' to EditTextWidgets, to move
to the first character of previous and next words (respectively).
* For the Win32 port: fixed OpenGL crashes in Vista. Graphical updates
are still slower in Vista compared to XP, though.
* For the Win32 port: default folder for Stella config files is now
'My Documents\Stella'; this can be disabled if necessary. This should
fix issues with losing settings when launching Stella from an IDE,
and the creation of stella.ini and 'state' directories in many
* For the Win32 port: several fixes to the Visual Studio project files,
allowing building in debug or release mode, for both i386 and x86_64.
The project files have been upgraded to Visual Studio 2008, and Stella
can now be built and distributed without the VS runtime libraries.
* Updated configure script for cross-compiling Win32 version in Linux.
Get it here: