> Whatsnew is too large/long to fit here. See whatsnew and get the Diff
> Intermediate Update here:
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
01571: [DIP/Input] stadhero: Player 1 and Player2 Start are mapped
01673: [Graphics] sfjp: Game backgrounds replaced with other images
01567: [DIP/Input] megazona, megazonb, megazonc, megazone, megaznik:
P2 button 1 key mapped twice and P2 button 2 missing (stephh)
00458: [Misc.] NEC CPU debug bug (robiza)
00029: [Sound] contcirc: Audio emits from one speaker on start up.
01609: [DIP/Input] Various - tested srmp4 (ssv.c), ttmahjng
(route16.c), vsmahjng (vsnes.c), tokkae (konamigx.c), sf2
(cps1.c): INP playback loses sync quickly (Aaron Giles)
01680: [Graphics] area88, unsquad: [possible] DOT TEST in service mode
shows garbage chars (Nicola Salmoria)
00761: [Speed] finalapr: Heavy performance hit. (couriersud)
00352: [DIP/Input] spaceskr: The cabinet DIP setting is inverted, when
you set it upright mode, control is separated for P1 and P2,
the scre (Nicola Salmoria)
01659: [Core] stereo balancing is wrong (Aaron Giles)
01622: [Core] -refreshspeed has no effect (Aaron Giles)
01663: [DIP/Input] Hat switches not working (couriersud)
00250: [Graphics] 3wonders: Various graphic glitches. (Nicola Salmoria)
00405: [Graphics] cawing: Text in the attract mode is garbled.
01021: [Side-by-side] dorunru2: Side-by-side test. (Nicola Salmoria)
00404: [Graphics] 3wonders: a glitch when u insert your record name
when game is over. (Nicola Salmoria)
01552: [Graphics] 3wonders, 3wonderu: Another little graphic glitch
on attract mode (Nicola Salmoria)
01081: (partial): megaplay.c (all games): 1 Player Start and 2
Players Start are duplicated. (couriersud)
Changed the system to show a message if coin-lockout is active and
a coin key is pressed. [couriersud]
Actually fixed -refreshspeed. [Aaron Giles]
Reverted previous SCSI CD change which broke some games. [R. Belmont]
Seibu COP cleanup, primarily sorting the code and identifying
similarities in different implementations. [David Haywood]
Fixed an erroneous debug change which leaked into the last version of
the namcona1 update. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Fixed marineb colors. [David Haywood, Tomasz Slanina]
Rewrote INP recording from scratch, since all old INPs are broken
anyways. Header now includes timestamp, which overrides the default
time base for MAME's system time. Each frame recorded now gets a
timestamp. Analog ports are recorded once per frame and interpolated.
Analog port calculations are all done in fixed point for consistent
results. A bunch of other minor tweaks in the input port code.
NOTE: There may still be a few changes to the final INP format.
Improved graphic decoding for Legionnaire, the BK3 tiles are now
correctly extracted from the TXT region, map screen has correct
tiles now. [David Haywood]
Removed CPS1 tile kludges and replaced with per-game ROM mapping
tables. Ideally, the ROM mapping should be derived from mapping of
the PALs found on the B board. Note that this is a significant change
and some new bugs might be caused by it. Unlike previous bugs,
where extra garbage tiles would appear in the games, the new bugs
would be tiles or sprites MISSING--so they will be harder to notice.
This would happen because in some cases the 16x16 regions of the gfx
ROMs can be used by both scroll2 and sprites, while in other cases
they must be separated. [Nicola Salmoria]
PSX updates: [smf]
- Fixed the SR masks for MTC0.
- Added ability to test the instruction/data cache ram. The
scratchpad and BIU register are now handled internally to the CPU.
- All writes are performed with masks. SWL/SWR used to be implemented
with two writes ( one byte and one word ) when writing three bytes,
now it only ever performs one. Byte and Word writes use masks as
they leave the rest of the register on the bus, which can be
picked up by larger registers.
- The read/write functions to use are cached when the SR bits are
updated, as are the bad address masks.
- Added coprocessor 1 & 3 support, though they don't do anything
- All loads now go through the delay pipeline, a lwl/lwr will grab
the value out of the pipeline if it's updating the same register.
- Added undocumented behaviour of BLEZ/BGTZ. The comparison for zero
can be changed by specifying an alternate register in the RT field
( the documentation says you should always use register 0 ).
- Restricted to 16 COP0 registers & generate an exception if any of
the 5 for the MMU are used.
- Added BCF/BCT instructions, although I have found no conditions
that affect them yet.
- Generates an exception if any MMU instructions are executed.
- Sets the CE instruction for all exceptions, not just those
involving a coprocessor. The bits of the opcode that specify the
coprocessor are grabbed no matter what the instruction.
- Added TAR register and BT bit in SR. When an exception occurs
during a branch, BT determines whether it was taken or not. The
TAR register gets set to the destination of the branch.
- Fixed the BD bit when you are in a branch delay slot and you didn't
take the branch, this shows up in the pipeline as !pc.
- Fixed branches within a branch delay slot.
- Multiply & divide instructions can be aborted if you write to
HI/LO before reading the result. Added data breakpoints, you
don't appear to be able to set breakpoints on any of the
addresses internal to the CPU.
- Multiply/divide/GTE instructions can execute when an exception is
taken, although the EPC indicates that it hasn't. The BIOS avoids
rerunning GTE instructions as they are destructive, so you have to
make sure they run.
- Added bus error handling, PSXCPU is limited to 8mb of ram & any
access outside this range will trigger an exception. I believe
this is to be an internal limit.
- Added CXD8611R as a specific CPU type, System 12 appears to allow
more than 8mb of ram & it's possible that this is different.
- Mapped out all instructions to either generate an exception or
- Updated the disassembler to match the decoding.
- Fixed disassembling of branch instructions in a branch delay slot.
- Lui checks for a ori/addiu following and will show you the result.
- Added step over/out support.
- Fixed standalone disassembler.
- Fixed SZ0 truncation.
- Fixed IRGB truncation and conversion to IR1/IR2/IR3
- Added IR1/IR2/IR3 saturation when calculating ORGB.
- Fixed OTZ sign extension
- Fixed reading from SXYP
- Fixed reading from IRGB
- Fixed writing to LZCR
- Fixed sign extension of GTE control registers
- Fixed writing to FLAG
- Fixed flag calculation in F macro.
- Fixed avsz3 & avsz4 flag & otz calculation.
Fixed unicode crashing bug with input names. [Aaron Giles]
Renamed input port functions: [Aaron Giles]
readinputport -> input_port_read_indexed
readinputportbytag -> input_port_read
readinputportbytag_safe -> input_port_read_safe
Added machine parameter to input port functions. Updated
many drivers to accomplish this.
Bulk converted drivers explicitly calling input_port_n_r() with a
bogus offset to calling input_port_read_indexed() instead.
Memory map merges for drivers starting with U, V, W, and Z.
Mostly fixed sound in N64-based games. [Adam Gashlin]
Correct DMA functionality in N64-based games. [Ville Linde]
Aerfboot improvements: [robiza]
- sprite offset are now correct
- split spriteram in two parts
- identified last sprite for the two parts
- promoted to "working" (no sound)
Pallavol improvements: [robiza]
- fix for sprite's y-coordinate
- implement lookup table for convert sprite code in the real code
- change the name to "1991 Spikes (Italian bootleg)
- fix scroll
- fix offset
Merged sonson memory maps. [Nicola Salmoria]
Added mising TC0060DCA sound mixer to the Taito Z driver. Marked one
dblaxle ROM as BAD_DUMP. [Nicola Salmoria]
Changed the 8237dma implementation into a device. [Wilbert Pol]
Fixed wrong tile-sprite priority in m62 driver. [robiza]
Fixed nec v30 dasm when a "real-time encrypted cpu" is used. Also
fixed Execution Clocks for add,addc,and,or,xor,cmp,sub,subc
Removed the hardcoded dependency on a 8254 device from the 8042kbdc
code. Changed the drivers using the 8042kdbc to define their own
8042kdbc - 8254 dependency. [Wilbert Pol]
Rewrote core memory handlers as inline functions. These should be
easier to trace through in a debug build, yet should operate the same
as before. [Aaron Giles]
Created a complete set of functions for all databus sizes (8,16,32,64)
and all endiannesses. A few functions are redundant, but it is now
very clear which functions to use in which scenarios. It is also now
possible to rely on being able to access values of 8, 16, 32 or 64
bits via the built-in accessors without fear of crashing.
Updated all cores using 8-bit handlers to explicitly call the 8-bit
handlers with the appropriate endianness. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed a few games which were calling n-bit handlers directly to use
the generic forms. In the future, this is all the access drivers will
have. [Aaron Giles]
More opcodes fixed in gussun oyoyo and risky challenge. [robiza]
Added tags and locations to dips for marvins.c and matmania.c.
Enabled roz tilemap in emeraldia, but it's not centered in the right
position when it's not in its original dimension. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Fixed 'lghost*' Dip Switches. [stephh]
Reduced the number of save state callback types from 3 to 1. The
only remaining form is the one that takes a pointer parameter. Added
macros for STATE_PRESAVE and STATE_POSTLOAD to define common
functions. Added machine parameter to these functions. Updated all
drivers and CPU/sound cores to use the new macros and consolidate
on the single function type. As a result pushed the machine parameter
through a few initialization stacks. [Aaron Giles]
Removed unnecessary postload callbacks which only marked all tiles
dirty, since this is done automatically by the tilemap engine.
Updates for the driver wc90b.c: [ClawGrip]
- Removed the second YM2203, it isn't present on the bootleg boards
- Changed the clocks according to the oscilators found on the board
Added the running_machine* parameter to the function passed into
cpunum_set_irq_callback() and adds the IRQ_CALLBACK macro for
the callback function. [Oliver Stoenberg]
Cleaned up the Machine usage in the osd/windows files and added the
running_machine parameter where possible. [Oliver Stoenberg]
Various tweaks/fixes from MAMEPlus:
* save state support for FD1094 chips
* improved graphics in athena
* improved sound balance in armedf
* derived refresh rate for toaplan1 games
* improved sound balance in tmnt games
* derived clocks for suprridr
* tweaked xmen visible area
* derived clocks and refresh rate in twin16 driver
CPS1: Verified some gfx ROM mapping tables against PAL dumps. Improved
understanding and emulation of palette related registers.
[Nicola Salmoria, Corrado Tomaselli]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
1 on 1 Government (JAPAN) [smf]
New clones added
Seibu Cup Soccer :Selection: (set 2) [Arzeno Fabrice]
Super Monaco GP (set 1, Japan, Rev A, FD1094 317-0124a)
Added Side by Side 2 (Japan) [Yasuhiro Ogawa]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Touchmaster 5000 (v7.10) [Brian Troha]
Touch Master 7000 [Brian Troha]