MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 02023: [Crash/Freeze] irobot: hang (Aaron Giles)
- 02043: [Crash/Freeze] All games in cps2.c: All Parent Sets for CPS2
Games Abort (Firewave)
- 02046: [DIP/Input] cachat, tubeit: screen upsidedown (Fabio Priuli)
- 00456: [Graphics] combascb: Missing Most Graphics (Fabio Priuli)
- 02050: [DIP/Input] skyfox, exerizrb: Issue with credits input
- 02045: [DIP/Input] wofhfh: Player 3 inputs aren't working (stephh)
More documentation on the Kiki KaiKai MCU. [Guru, Brian Troha]
A bit more cleanup in the gottlieb driver, still incomplete.
Verified Free Kick PROMs and improved documentation. [Brian Troha]
Added the ability to pass an optional destructor to
ui_menu_alloc_state(). [Nathan Woods]
Updated to build with the latest DirectX SDK, which doesn't support
Direct 3D 8 & Direct Input 7. By default, the makefile is set up to
compile the old way, but you can set DIRECT3D=9 and DIRECTINPUT=8 in
windows.mak or on the command-line to build with a more modern SDK.
[smf, RansAckeR, uRebelScum]
Irem m63 - adjusted AY frequencies to proper 1.5 MHz [Stefan Lindberg]
DSP56156 CPU Core updates [Andrew Gardner]
- Rewrote core logic, communications, and interfaces.
- Added three parallel memory moves to the disassembler.
- Initial interrupt logic in place.
Plygonet.c updates [Andrew Gardner]
- All communication hacks have been removed.
- Memory maps have been temporarily reverted while new DSP56k cpu
core catches up.
Merged memory maps for beezer.c, bishi.c, and bladestl.c.
AICA updates [Deunan Knute, ajax16384, R. Belmont]
- Fixed ADPCM decoder to remove bad optimization and match YMZ280B.
DC offset is fixed and output quality is higher
- Improved handling of slot monitor and timers B and C
- Simplified interpolation code
SH2DRC: Add PC-relative load optimization and ability to disable if
necessary [R. Belmont, based on an idea by Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Changed the way memory regions are referenced. Instead of a single
integer value, regions are now referred to by a region tag. The
region tag must be unique among all regions defined for a given
game. This change required updating all the ROM region definitions
in the project to specify the tag instead of region number.
Updated the core memory_region_* functions to accept a tag instead
of an integer. Added new memory_region_next() function to allow for
iteration over all memory regions. [Aaron Giles]
Changed the auto-binding behavior of CPU regions. Previously, the
first CPU would auto-bind to REGION_CPU1 (that is, any ROM references
would automatically assume that they lived in the corresponding
region). Now, each CPU automatically binds to the region with the
same tag as the CPU itself. This behavior required ensuring that
all previous REGION_CPU* regions were changed to regions with the
same tag as the CPU. [Aaron Giles]
Introduced a new auto-binding mechanism for sound cores. This works
similarly to the CPU binding. Each sound core that requires a memory
region now auto-binds to the region with the same tag as the sound
core. In almost all cases, this allowed for the removal of the
explicit region item in the sound configuration, which in turn
allowed for many sound configurations to removed altogether.
Updated the expression engine's memory reference behavior. A recent
update expanded the scope of memory references to allow for referencing
data in non-active CPU spaces, in memory regions, and in EEPROMs.
However, this previous update required an index, which is no longer
appropriate for regions and will become increasingly less appropriate
for CPUs over time. Instead, a new syntax is supported, of the form:
"[tag.][space]size@addr", where 'tag' is an optional tag for the CPU
or memory region you wish to access, followed by a period as a
separator; 'space' is the memory address space or memory class you
wish to access (p/d/i for program/data/I/O spaces; o for opcode space;
r for direct RAM; m for memory regions; e for EEPROMs); and 'size' is
the usual b/w/d/q for byte/word/dword/qword. [Aaron Giles]
Cleaned up ROM definition flags and removed some ugly hacks that had
existed previously. Expanded to support up to 256 BIOSes. Updated
ROM_COPY to support specifying a tag for the source region. Also
updated the address map AM_REGION macro to support specifying a
tag for the region. [Aaron Giles]
Updated debugger windows to display the CPU and region tags where
appropriate. [Aaron Giles]
Updated -listxml to output region class and tag for each ROM entry.
Changes to lucky74.c driver: [Roberto Fresca]
- Pre-defined CPU and SND clocks.
- Switched the color system to RESNET calculations.
- Completed the remaining DIP switches.
- Added lamps support. Created a layout to show them.
- Changes on the interrupt system (need to be verified on the PCB).
- Renamed the graphics regions to more descriptive names.
- Corrected the manufacturer's name.
- Splitted the driver to driver + video.
- Updated technical notes.
Changed unmapped read for mspacman to see if it changes tunnel
behavior. [David Haywood, as suggested by dwidel]
SH2DRC: add SUBV, replace ADDV with C version as a precaution. (Fixes
most of Mantis #2026, except the part which is a separate bug). Added
new implementation which uses flags directly, keeping the C versions
in reserve in case they are needed. [R. Belmont, Aaron Giles]
Added more validation to the address map detokenization, in order to
catch cases where multiple read/write handlers are assigned to a range.
Fixed cases in the code that failed these checks. [Atari Ace]
i8051 cpu core timer updates: [Wilbert Pol]
- Added support for timer mode 0 (13 bit timer)
- Cleaned up timer code a bit, fixing some off-by-one errors when
Naomi updates [Samuele Zannoli]
1) refactors many global and static variables in video\dc.c into a
structure to hold the tile accelerator state
2) textures should be better decoded with more pixel formats
3) adds placeholders for some register probably used by the dimm board
4) corrects a little error in a rom board register (very important,
now at least the gdrom games try to start)
Added region and regionbytes fields to the deviceconfig, which are
auto-filled by the device manager before starting the device. This
simplifies the auto-binding process for devices. Added new selector
for device-specific ROM regions. Not yet wired up in the ROM loader.
Simplified SH2 DRC shift/rotate instruction implementations.
Fixed menu handling so it doesn't swallow the tab key. [Aaron Giles]
Changed symbol table reference parameters to void * from UINT32.
Enable strict PC relative loads for ST-V games; at least Cotton
Boomerang needs them. [R. Belmont]
Added new option 'cheatpath' to specify one or more paths for cheat
files. Removed old option 'cheat_file'. [Aaron Giles]
Updated xmlfile.c to specify the line number for each node, for more
accurate error reporting. [Aaron Giles]
Removed old cheat.c/.h and replaced them with code that will read and
write the new XML-based cheat format using the new cheatpath option
(cheats still need to be enabled in order to load at all). Note that
the cheats are not implemented yet, but they are fully parsed. To test
saving, whenever a cheat file is successfully loaded, it is immediately
written back out as 'output.xml' to the cheat directory for validation.
Minor cleanups: [Oliver Stoenberg]
- removed of unprintable chars (newlines) in SH-2 disassembler
- removed a few unnecessary checks after malloc_ort_die() calls
- changed two romload.c warnings to use GAMENOUN instead
- added "deprecat.h" in a few src/mame/drivers files
- cleaned up the mame.mak by adding all missing defines and grouping
them based on cpu.mak
- renamed video_exit() to winvideo_exit() for consistency in function
Changed commented-out functions to #ifdefs. [Atari Ace]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Galaxi [Luca Elia]
New clones added
Pool 10 (italian, set 3) [Roberto Fresca]
Killer Instinct 2 (v1.3k, upgrade kit) [Brian Troha] (NOT WORKING)
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Bust a Move 2 (JAPANESE ROM ver. 1999/07/17 10:00:00) [R. Belmont]
Get the Diff Intermediate Update here: