MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 00596: [DIP/Input] pocketrc: The car turns only to the right and
there is no way to calibrate controls. (smf)
- 02075: [DIP/Input] mooncrgx: Cabinet DIP setting is duplicated.
- 02137: [DIP/Input] rockduck: DIP setting for LIVES is incorrect
- 02179: [DIP/Input] lethalej: lethalej crosshairs backwards
- 02035: [DIP/Input] gwarb: Guerrilla War bootleg doesn't need a
rotary joy (robiza)
- 02174: [Sound] dkongjr and clones + mario and clones + pestplce:
Music speed regression (Aaron Giles)
- 02173: [Crash/Freeze] radarscp, radarsc1: Hang or Reset before game
start. (Aaron Giles)
Optimized DISCRETE_RCDISC_MODULATED. Added X_TALs to circus. Optimized
DISCRETE_RCINTEGRATE and DISCRETE_555_ASTABLE. Optimized
DISCRETE_555_ASTABLE_CV and DISCRETE_MIXER. Optimized DISCRETE_555_CC.
The 555 and mixer changes also speed up just about every current
discrete game. [Derrick Renaud]
Added updated information about Sorcer Striker and moved Fix Eight
bootleg PCB layout down by the roms like the other layouts in the
driver. [Brian Troha]
Added redumped roms for the Bubble Symphony (bootleg with OKI6295)
set. [Brian Troha]
Started removing extraneous enable lines from the discrete modules.
Most modules are always enabled anyways. [Derrick Renaud]
Changed MCS-48 core to write p1 and p2 on reset. [couriersud]
dkong/dkongjr: use MB8884 as sound cpu / verified on schematics.
mcs48.c: Use banking to handle ea line: [couriersud]
* Adds MCS48_INTERNAL_ROMBANK define to header
* Drivers which need to control the ea line have to initialize
banking for internal/external rom
This is not yet optimal but works as expected with existing drivers
and modified mario.c
Changed MCS-48 EA line handling to use an explicit bank for now.
Added EggVenture readme to lethalj.c. [Guru]
Changed sound cpu type in saiyugb1 to I8748. [couriersud]
dkong.c: S2650 based games consolidated [couriersud]
* consolidated memory maps for S2650 based games
* renamed handlers to s2650_*
* joined protection handlers
Added Cruis'n USA and new Raiden DX/2 readme. Cleaned up some
documentation in raiden2.c. Renamed "Raiden DX (set 2)" to "Raiden DX
(Tuning license)", and renamed ROMs to match the actual PCB.
Updated documentation and disk/ROM names in segas24 based on new
information. [Brian Troha, T.Fujita]
Removed "game_no_sound" from the 2 Hotrod games (in segas24.c) as all
3 seem to have the same sound capabilities. [Brian Troha]
toaplan2: [Brian Troha]
* removed duplicate info
* changed most speeds to "xtal_xxMHz" define
* corrected Battle Battle Bakraid Z80 clock based on readme info
Fixed Dip Switches and Inputs for 'aso', 'alphamis', 'arian' (same as
'alphamis'), 'tnk3', 'tnk3j' (same as 'tnk3') and 'athena'. [stephh]
Improvements to galaxi driver... [Roberto Fresca]
- Added Magic Joker.
- Fixed the 3rd background offset to Galaxi.
- Remapped inputs to match the standard poker games.
Began the "big IO_MAP merge of 2008". A number of drivers have had
their I/O space address maps merged. [Andrew Gardner]
Changed the default bootleg gwar pcb to be joystick only, and removed
code duplication. Fixed jcross cabinet dip switches. [Nicola Salmoria]
M377xx: 8-bit I/O port reads no longer cause bogus reads of
neighboring ports. [R. Belmont]
Removed unnecessary ARM7 hooks so MRC and MCR disassemble properly.
Updated TMS5100 LPC tables based on mathematical analysis of 1st and
2nd derivatives of the values and comparison to the best quality
patent image, which nearly always showed which values were in error.
Some off-by-one issues may remain, but it is now nearly perfect.
Further perfection will require PROMOUT dumping, which is planned.
snk update: [Nicola Salmoria]
* added another ikari us clone
* renamed ikaria to ikarinc (for Ikari No Continues)
* ikari is the JAMMA board, with conitnues
* ikaria is the non-JAMMA board, with continues
* ikarinc is the non-JAMMA board, without continues
* fixed sound in Jumping Cross
* adjusted some input bits in several games
* merged hal21.c into snk.c
* removed hacks and kludges
* fixed colors (I think--though some sprites do look weird)
* fixed emulation of the "SNK Wave" custom sound used by Marvin's
Maze and Vanguard II and made it into a proper sound core
* fixed palette decoding of early SNK games (from marvins to
athena + fitegolf). The least significan bits were assigned
* merged marvins.c into snk.c, with all resulting fixes (removed
hacks, correct shadows, scroll offsets etc)
Replaced aso ROMs (which were possibly from a bootleg) with split ones
that are definitely from an original. Renamed ROMs across sets
accordingly. [Nicola Salmoria]
Converted timekeeper to a device, all default contents are loaded from
disk. slapshot & opwolf3 read/write memory map have been merged.
Shadow Force changes: [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- Added irqs ack
- Implemented raster irq
- Fixed coin2 and service input not working during the game
- Added watchdog
- Fixed visible area
- Added video enable and irqs enable flags
Added decryption of 39in1. Doesn't get far due to very odd RAM check
routine. [Andreas Naive]
Changed all MCS-48 chips to have a 12-bit address space, regardless
of internal ROM size. [Aaron Giles]
Enabled internal COP410 program map. [Curt Coder]
Fixed Dip Switches and Inputs for 'hal21', 'hal21j' (same as 'hal'),
'fitegolf', 'fitegol2' (same as 'fitegolf') and 'countryc'. [stephh]
Changed refreshspeed target to 0.25Hz below rate provided, in order to
guarantee that inexact timings do not lead to sound stuttering.
Added Fist of the North Star and (partial) Demolish Fist sets
(Atomiswave) and decryption. [Andreas Naive]
Added PCB info for Hard Yardage & earlier World Class Bowling.
Corrected a few rom names. [Brian Troha]
Split core laserdisc functionality into separate file ldcore.c.
Each player now gets its own source file, along with new hooks
which enable more precise control over the behavior. Updated the
PR-8210 and LD-V1000 implementations to the new spec. Other
players will come online shortly. [Aaron Giles]
Changed laserdisc scan behavior so that it requires a constant stream
of signals to continue scanning. Updated ldplayer accordingly.
Updated debugger to pass running_machine around where appropriate.
Added running_machine to several devices which really should
eventually be converted into proper devices. [Oliver Stoenberg]
Concluded input port cleanups for drivers W->Z. Changed Primal Rage
start buttons into input buttons. Removed unused protection bit in
Driver's Edge. Introduced a new PORT_CUSTOM which returns a tagged
input that can be used to route bits from one port into another.
Added the missing SHA1 checksums to the atrowar set.
Added basic implementation of the "update ended" interrupt flag to the
MC146818. [Barry Rodewald]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Video Poker [Grull Osgo, Roberto Fresca]
Black Jack [Grull Osgo, Roberto Fresca]
Video Dado [Grull Osgo, Roberto Fresca]
Video Cordoba [Grull Osgo, Roberto Fresca]
Magic Joker (v220.127.116.110) [Roberto Fresca]
New clones added
Egg Venture (A.L. Release) [Guru]
Ikari Warriors (US) [Nicola Salmoria]
Double Dragon (bootleg) [Sonikos]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Mad Zoo [Roberto Fresca]
Get the Diff Intermediate Update here: