In reply to:
[GP2X Wiz - New Open Handheld Console announced]
This is the next generation of GamePark Holdings' GP2X console.
Built on open-source software, they welcome homebrew development
- unlike traditional systems that need to be hacked.
The current GP2X enjoys from a very active community
that creates several great games and ported many emulators to it.
Since most 2D consoles already reach 60FPS on an overclocked GP2X,
this new version should be truly great looking at the specs:
- 533 Mhz CPU (more than double than previous model)
- hardware 3D acceleration
- 2.8 inch 320x240 OLED Touchscreen (+ stylus)
- 2000mAh Lithium battery (estimated to last 5 hours)
- 64 MB RAM
- 1 GB on Flash storage
- SD Card slot
- Stereo sound
- Plays music and movie file formats
- Flash 7 support
The 2nd D-pad shown in the current site should be replaced by 4 proper buttons by release date.
Software only needs to be recompiled to run on the new hardware,
so versions for the new console will be available very quickly.
The console is slated for release in November.