MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 00614: [DIP/Input] sspeedr: The pedal controls don't work at all,
in game or in the test. (Mike Green)
- 02198: [DIP/Input] stocker: Coinage Dip Switch has incorrect
configuration (Mike Green)
- 02206: [Sound] cubeqst: Cubequest now missing narrator and music
during attract mode. (Aaron Giles)
- 02166: [Cheat System] garou and clones: Work RAM Error (Aaron Giles)
- 02200: [Cheat System] galaga: Locks up (Aaron Giles)
- 02189: [Cheat System] gradius4: C'ant pass Setup (Aaron Giles)
- 02214: [Cheat System] rchase: Player's lorry doesn't move at all.
- 02177: [Cheat System] All lethal.c sets: T 4 EEPROM error(BAD)
- 02188: [Cheat System] Many sets in neodrvr.c: Freeze on start up
with a Work RAM Error. (Aaron Giles)
- 02207: [Crash/Freeze] marioj, marioo: Access Violation (Aaron Giles)
- 02204: [Crash/Freeze] masao: Memory bank error (Aaron Giles)
- 02202: [Crash/Freeze] Many Sets in segas16a.c: Access Violation
- 02222: [Crash/Freeze] monsterb, monster2: Monster Bash crashes on
launch. (Aaron Giles)
- 02205: [Graphics] jackal, jackalj, topgunbl, topgunr: Enemy tank
colors are wrong (Nicola Salmoria)
- 02201: [Compiling] 64 bit compiling error (Aaron Giles)
- 01689: [Graphics] riskchal, gussun: Missing raster effect
Implemented m90 playfield 1 and playfield 2 y-offset table. This
fixes, at least, the water effect in riskchal and the text fading
effect in the matchit2 demo. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli, Tomasz Slanina]
Started changing naomi gdrom sets to load the CHDs. [David Haywood]
Additional documentation for Egg Venture & Lethal Justice:
- Added JAMMA pinout
- Gun Connector pinout
- Sound & Amp information
snk.c coin inputs seem to be active high (except for jcross)
Fixed bg tile banking in Canvas Croquis. Removed snkwave since it
doesn't seem to be used and might not be present on the pcb at all.
General driver cleanup, bringing it in line with snk.c but not
merging it since somthing doesn't quite fit. [Nicola Salmoria]
Merged memory maps in munchmo.c. [Nicola Salmoria]
Changes to magic10 driver: [Roberto Fresca]
- Better structure and organization.
- Added Super Gran Safari.
- Added improved lamps layout to Super Gran Safari and Magic's 10.
Added new device interface selector: DEVINFO_PTR_ROM_REGION. This
allows a device to provide a set of ROM regions to be loaded along
with the game ROMs. It is expected that most regions defined for
devices will use the ROMREGION_LOADBYNAME flag to enable the ROMs to
live in a central location. [Aaron Giles]
Added new device interface selector: DEVINFO_PTR_MACHINE_CONFIG. This
allows a device to specify a partial machine driver which is appended
to the end of the machine driver for any game using that device. The
intention for this is to allow devices which have their own BIOS logic
to specify CPUs and other characteristics common to all systems using
the device. [Aaron Giles]
Added new ROMREGION flag: ROMREGION_LOADBYNAME, which means that if
the ROMs in that region are not found in the usual driver files, then
the name of the region will be used as a driver filename for loading.
Extended the ldcore interface structure to allow each player type to
provide its own ROM region and partial machine driver. [Aaron Giles]
Moved preliminary PR-8210 emulation code from ldplayer.c to
ldpr8210.c. It is currently disabled behind the EMULATE_PR8210_ROM
compile time flag. [Aaron Giles]
Added built-in "Off" states to the cheats with parameters. This is
also the default state, obviating the need for a default value.
Removed the "default" attribute as a result. Switching from "Off" to
another state first executes the "on" script followed by the "change"
script. Switching to "Off" from another state executes the "off"
script. While not off, the "run" script is executed each frame.
Moved reset to default behavior in the cheat menu to IPT_UI_CLEAR.
Moved all naomi-gd keys to external. [David Haywood]
Cleaned up shadfrce.c input port mapping. [David Haywood]
Merged I/O maps in a number of drivers. [Andrew Gardner]
Fixed sprites in imago [Pierpaolo Prazzoli, Tomasz Slanina]
Added concept of rom sources to the rom loader. Updated auditing,
CLI utilities, validity checks, and ROM loading to use these new
functions so that device-specific ROMs are handled properly.
Added a core_fopen_ram_copy() call, similar to core_fopen_ram()
except that it copies the memory. [Nathan Woods]
Added redumped welltris program ROMs. [Dazzer]
CPUs, sound chips, devices, and ROM-regions which are specified by
devices now have their tags auto-prefixed with the device's tag. This
allows for multiple instances to be present. For example, the PR-8210
laserdisc player has a CPU with a tag of "pr8210". When it is included
as a device by a driver, the driver may tag the device "laserdisc".
The resulting final CPU tag name will be "laserdisc:pr8210". Also
updated the debugger expression engine to support names with embedded
colons. [Aaron Giles]
Added checks to ensure that tags used for CPUs, sound chips, regions,
and devices follow some basic rules: they should be less than 15
characters long, be all lower-case, and only contain letters, numbers,
underscores, or dots (no spaces). This is to ensure that they can be
used properly in debugger expressions and don't get too long or
unwieldy to type (even 15 chars is rather long). Fixed up all tags in
the system that failed these checks. [Aaron Giles]
Space Win changes: [Roberto Fresca]
- Some corrections to the memory map.
- Added proper working RAM.
- Added Dallas DS1220Y NVRAM.
- Added output port.
- Added lamps layout.
- Added complete inputs.
- Changed description to "Scacco Matto / Space Win" since the
default game is Scacco Matto.
- Fixed memory maps.
- Documented Super Derby outputs.
- Added lamps support + layout to Super Derby.
- Fixed the phisical RAM size to all games.
- Fixed the wrong NVRAM size to spacewin (16Kb instead of 16KB).
- Added proper NVRAM to sderby and pmroulet.
- Added the missing 3rd input to pmroulet (needed for 3-button mode).
- Cleaned up the driver.
You must enter the service mode and change graphics in order to
switch the game.
Changed DEVICE_START functions to return an error code. Currently
this is either DEVICE_START_OK or DEVICE_START_MISSING_DEPENDENCY.
The latter should be returned by a device if there is another device
it depends on which hasn't been started yet. Added new flag in the
device interface to indicate whether a device has been started.
Changed laserdisc interface to explicitly specify the screen and sound
devices it should route to. Drivers no longer have to manually call
laserdisc_vsync(). Instead, the laserdisc code connects up to the
routed screen device and works based on that screen's VBLANK timing.
Removed all existing calls to laserdisc_vsync(). [Aaron Giles]
Changed laserdisc behavior so that it completes the previous video
read and initiates the next read at the end of VBLANK instead of the
beginning. This gives player logic time during VBLANK to alter the
slider position prior to fetching the next frame. [Aaron Giles]
Added new laserdisc callback for vsync begin and changed the update
callback to be called at the end of VBLANK. Also added functions to
set the slider speed, advance the slider, and directly control the
video/audio squelch. In addition, there is a new status function to
get the slider position in general terms. [Aaron Giles]
Added parameter to the VBLANK callbacks supported in emu/video.c.
Updated all callers to provide a callback value. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed bug that would cause watchpoints to trigger if you had a memory
window open to the watchpoint address. [Aaron Giles]
Further updates to the PR-8210 ROM simulation. Still not quite there
but the system is much better understood now. Added layout to the
PR-8210 which displays the state of the front-panel LEDs.
Clickable input support. Layouts can now have items which when clicked
will alter the state of an input port. This is done via the new
attributes 'inputtag' and 'inputmask', which specify an input port tag
and mask. When the given element is clicked, the state of the element
changes to 1 and the given bits in the input port are set the same as
if you had pressed the equivalent switch. [Nathan Woods]
Started adding naomi2 sets. [David Haywood]
Added sprites buffering to Limenko driver and removed imperfect video
flag from spotty. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Improvements to Croupier (Playmark Roulette): [Roberto Fresca]
- Simulated the MCU communication/protection.
The game seems to work properly, but is hard to win.
I conserved the game flags till we have the MCU decapped,
and emulated properly.
- Added full sound support.
- Added lamps support + layout.
Fixed memory handling of internal banks. They should be LOWER priority
than the driver's memory maps. Reverted recent changes to MCS-48 core
that were very hacky and which crashed many games. You can now
properly override the internal memory map and do your own banking.
8080/8085 CPU core updates: [Miodrag Milanovic]
1. ANA/ANI instruction, HF flag was not set right because error in
calculation of it (missing brackets)
2. 8080 have NF flag always set (it is not used flag but bit is
3. Added support for status output lines.
Moved more static data into const and added some more explicit
initialization. [Atari Ace]
Added LSI BIOS to the Atari System 1 driver. Made the System 1 BIOS
a proper BIOS. Removed restriction that BIOS-related ROMs must
immediately follow the BIOS definition. [Kevin Eshbach, Aaron Giles]
cave.c changes: [Kevin Eshbach]
* Changed the hardcoded MHz values in the Cave driver to the XTAL
* Updated the Cave driver for the game Guwange with gals that need
to be dumped
Jail Break changes: [Kevin Eshbach]
* Updated the Jail Break driver with the dip locations
* Corrected the Jail Break driver sound chip from a SN76496 to a
* Corrected the Jail Break rom names
* Redumped the Jail Break VLM rom dump
Super Basketball changes: [Kevin Eshbach]
* Corrected the Super Basketball Revision H rom dump
* Updated the Super Basketball driver with the dip locations
* Corrected the Super Basketball VLM XTAL
* Corrected the Super Basketball parent/child relationships by making
the Revision H the parent
* Turned on save state support for the Super Basketball driver
Updated the Sega System 1 driver with more board information on the
Choplifter bootleg and updated the placeholders for the pals that need
to be dumped. [Kevin Eshbach]
Updated the WWF Wrestlefest driver rom names. Added save state support
to the WWF Wrestlefest driver. [Kevin Eshbach]
C352 cleanup: Removed an unused volume table dating from before the
volume was (correctly) implemented as linear. [Olivier Galibert]
Added memory checking and error logic to ledutil.c.
Added running_machine * to some more locations in the system. Updated
drivers accordingly. [Oliver Stoeneberg]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Super Gran Safari [Roberto Fresca]
Scacco Matto / Space Win [David Haywood, Roberto Fresca]
New clones added
The Great Ragtime Show (Japan v1.3, 92.11.26) [Stefan Lindberg]
Imago (cocktail set) [Chris Hardy]
The NewZealand Story (Japan, newer) [Tirino73]
Marble Madness (set 5 - LSI Cartridge) [Kevin Eshbach]