Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectMaking It Fit Screen Reply to this message
Posted byBlind Spot at DI
Posted on06/07/01 04:16 PM



I am running the latest MegaMame build on my Casio E-115. I can see the upper left corner of the TRON screen and nothing more. How do I get it to fit my screen?

Dave


SubjectRe: Making It Fit Screen new Reply to this message
Posted byMarconelly!
Posted on06/08/01 09:38 AM



Try playing it on a MAMEBoyX. It has a code for an automatic squishing of Tron's graphics to a Pocket PC screen size.

> I am running the latest MegaMame build on my Casio E-115. I can see the upper
> left corner of the TRON screen and nothing more. How do I get it to fit my
> screen?
>
> Dave
>





SubjectRe: Making It Fit Screen new Reply to this message
Posted byTekhmaster
Posted on06/08/01 10:09 AM



> I am running the latest MegaMame build on my Casio E-115. I can see the upper
> left corner of the TRON screen and nothing more. How do I get it to fit my
> screen?
>
> Dave
>
That game does seem to be a little messed up. I'll add it to the special attention list.

Cheers,
-Techmaster


SubjectRe: Making It Fit Screen new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (65.34.179.88)
Posted on06/08/01 06:31 PM



> > I am running the latest MegaMame build on my Casio E-115. I can see the upper
> > left corner of the TRON screen and nothing more. How do I get it to fit my
> > screen?
> >
> > Dave
> >
> That game does seem to be a little messed up. I'll add it to the special
> attention list.
>
> Cheers,
> -Techmaster
>

Take a quick peek at the MAMECE-10X; I wrote bits to handle the high resolution Midway MCR1 games (of which Tron is one). It's basically an alternative blit loop which copies every other pixel of every other row of the bitmap to the screen, halfing the horizontal and vertical resolution required.

Darren





SubjectRe: Making It Fit Screen new Reply to this message
Posted byTekhmaster
Posted on06/08/01 07:23 PM



> > > I am running the latest MegaMame build on my Casio E-115. I can see the
> upper
> > > left corner of the TRON screen and nothing more. How do I get it to fit my
> > > screen?
> > >
> > > Dave
> > >
> > That game does seem to be a little messed up. I'll add it to the special
> > attention list.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -Techmaster
> >
>
> Take a quick peek at the MAMECE-10X; I wrote bits to handle the high resolution
> Midway MCR1 games (of which Tron is one). It's basically an alternative blit
> loop which copies every other pixel of every other row of the bitmap to the
> screen, halfing the horizontal and vertical resolution required.
>
> Darren
>
Oh yeah, you mentioned that before. I'll take another look.
Thats kinda of what I expected also, three different draw routines.

Thanks. :)

Cheers,
-Techmaster


SubjectRe: Making It Fit Screen new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (65.34.179.88)
Posted on06/08/01 09:25 PM



> > > > I am running the latest MegaMame build on my Casio E-115. I can see the
> > upper
> > > > left corner of the TRON screen and nothing more. How do I get it to fit
> my
> > > > screen?
> > > >
> > > > Dave
> > > >
> > > That game does seem to be a little messed up. I'll add it to the special
> > > attention list.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > -Techmaster
> > >
> >
> > Take a quick peek at the MAMECE-10X; I wrote bits to handle the high
> resolution
> > Midway MCR1 games (of which Tron is one). It's basically an alternative blit
> > loop which copies every other pixel of every other row of the bitmap to the
> > screen, halfing the horizontal and vertical resolution required.
> >
> > Darren
> >
> Oh yeah, you mentioned that before. I'll take another look.
> Thats kinda of what I expected also, three different draw routines.
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> Cheers,
> -Techmaster
>

I suppose there really need to be four: normal with dirty, normal without dirty, halved with dirty, and halved without dirty. I don't think I ever did a halved with dirty, but doing so should certainly help blit speed of those games.

I perhaps 'more elegant' solution sould involve some generalized bitmap resizing code, but it's sure to be rather slower.

Darren





Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode