Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectProblems downloading MameCE new Reply to this message
Posted bybigtrouble77
Posted on06/11/01 10:51 AM



It would be EXTREMELY helpful if you could put your files on some mirrors. I'm getting speeds <2kb/s thru my cable modem and, of course, the transfer eventually times out. I'm dying to try out the new version!!! Anyway, just a suggestion.

Thanks,
-BT




SubjectRe: Problems downloading MameCE new Reply to this message
Posted byTekhmaster
Posted on06/11/01 08:12 PM



> It would be EXTREMELY helpful if you could put your files on some mirrors. I'm
> getting speeds <2kb/s thru my cable modem and, of course, the transfer
> eventually times out. I'm dying to try out the new version!!! Anyway, just a
> suggestion.
>
> Thanks,
> -BT
>
I'll check with the admins to see about the speed problem. I am checking with a few places to see if they can mirror. Sorry for any problems, I think you'll enjoy the release when you get it to download. :)

Cheers,
-Techmaster


SubjectRe: Problems downloading MameCE- new release thoughts new Reply to this message
Posted bybigtrouble77
Posted on06/12/01 10:30 AM



Well, I finally got it downloaded, wahoo! Just so you know, the auto installer still doesn't work for the EM-500. Aside from that, the new release is really sweet. I've noticed a decent speed increase. Wonderboy runs really well now(@200Mhz) and all the games i've tried are now centered properly. Keep up the great work!

-BT




SubjectRe: Problems downloading MameCE- new release thoughts new Reply to this message
Posted byTekhmaster
Posted on06/12/01 02:53 PM



> Well, I finally got it downloaded, wahoo! Just so you know, the auto installer
> still doesn't work for the EM-500. Aside from that, the new release is really
> sweet. I've noticed a decent speed increase. Wonderboy runs really well
> now(@200Mhz) and all the games i've tried are now centered properly. Keep up the
> great work!
>
> -BT
>
What is the desktop platform you are installing from?
What error are you getting? I am trying to pinpiont the specifics of the failing installer. I know it has a problem doing the install from a Win2k or WinME system on (all devices I believe).

Great to here that it is faster. :)


Cheers,
-Techmaster


SubjectRe: Problems downloading MameCE- new release thoughts Reply to this message
Posted bybigtrouble77
Posted on06/12/01 04:13 PM



Here's the exact error:
http://www.bah.net/~bob/error.jpg
I'm using windows 2000 SP2

BTW, I was actually able to get Akuma-Jou Dracula working- I'm amazed that it's actually playable. I could never get that rom working before. I guess now i'll have to go through all my 80's era roms again to see which ones work now. Like Rastain...

-BT




SubjectRe: Problems downloading MameCE- new release thoughts new Reply to this message
Posted byTekhmaster
Posted on06/13/01 00:35 AM



> Here's the exact error:
> http://www.bah.net/~bob/error.jpg
> I'm using windows 2000 SP2
>
> BTW, I was actually able to get Akuma-Jou Dracula working- I'm amazed that it's
> actually playable. I could never get that rom working before. I guess now i'll
> have to go through all my 80's era roms again to see which ones work now. Like
> Rastain...
>
> -BT
>
Cool thats what I wanted to know. Its the Windows 2000 not the EM500 causing the problem.
Thanks.


Cheers,
-Techmaster


Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode