> > How did you fix the link error? I can't seem to get it.
> OK, I'm lost cgamesx.h isn't in the zip file, where do I find it? Also any
> tricks or tips for compiling under eVB would be greatly appreciated from someone
> who's successfully done it.
I just ran a test compile on the free EVC Compiler. Everything compiles perfectly. The only thing I can figure is that you only installed the Visual Basic components, which would be wrong since this project is Visual C.
Here are the steps I followed (assuming you decompressed to D: Drive):
1. Uncompress the source tree from the zip file keeping all the subdirectories in place.
2. Start EVC.
3. Select File, open Workspace.
4. Browse to D:\MameCE\PPC\Mamece3\
4. Select MameCE3.vcw.
5. When the message pops up telling you that this is in an older version, just select ok to convert all projects.
6. Compile ALL subprojects except the MameCE3 project FIRST. these are the libraries that the MameCE3 project will link to during it's compiling.
7. Compile the MameCE3 project.
8. You should now have a home rolled mamece3.exe :)
Hope that helps you budding programmers.