Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectButton Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (24.14.102.138)
Posted on10/24/01 00:31 AM



I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can anyone help?





SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (202.156.0.10)
Posted on10/24/01 07:39 PM



I'm in the same sitaution as you, but cant find any documentation anywhere that tells me how to assign these values to the buttons on my Jornada????

Please can somebody help.

> I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> anyone help?
>





SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568/@migo/Other devices new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (203.49.127.121)
Posted on10/24/01 08:14 PM



I got the same problem on a UR There @migo. All works fine for some games, but I need to assign buttons for others.

Also, I can access the diag menu in some roms, but cannot select the settings (changing dip switches, etc).

Is there anywhere where I can get more information on this? If someone can point me in the right direction, I can write the changes and rebuild the program, I have MS Embedded Tools, and plenty of development experience!




SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (24.14.102.138)
Posted on10/24/01 09:37 PM



Thanks for the post. I was going crazy thinking I'm the only one with this problem. After talking it over with a friend from work we have theorized that we need to do the following: Get a targus keyboard for the jornada and take the default.cfg file from mame for windows and put it on the pocket pc thereby allowing us to bring up the screen that allows us to then map the keys to the buttons. Can anyone verify that this is what I have to do. If someone has a general config file that will work with some/most games then let me know where I can find it. Thanks.


> I'm in the same sitaution as you, but cant find any documentation anywhere that
> tells me how to assign these values to the buttons on my Jornada????
>
> Please can somebody help.
>
> > I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> > the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> > sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> > anyone help?
> >
>





SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byTekhmaster
Posted on10/25/01 00:55 AM



> I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> anyone help?
>

The buttons are already mapped as follows:

MameUI = Action
Button3 = Coin1, 1 Player start, and Fire Button2
Button4 = Fire Button1, 2 Player start, and MameUI Enter
Button2 = Escape to Game Menu

To get past the license screen hit left direction and then right direction. (for O and K).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
-Techmaster


SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (210.215.48.9)
Posted on10/25/01 01:08 AM



Please excuse my ignorance but why would none of our buttons work when we push them?

The OK by slecting left then right works, but nothing else?

What does it mean when you say MameUI=Action?

What is button 1,2 ect? Is 1 the Home button?

Hope you can explain ?

Thanks
> > I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> > the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> > sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> > anyone help?
> >
>
> The buttons are already mapped as follows:
>
> MameUI = Action
> Button3 = Coin1, 1 Player start, and Fire Button2
> Button4 = Fire Button1, 2 Player start, and MameUI Enter
> Button2 = Escape to Game Menu
>
> To get past the license screen hit left direction and then right direction. (for
> O and K).
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Cheers,
> -Techmaster
>





SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (192.97.38.94)
Posted on10/25/01 11:17 AM



> > I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> > the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> > sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> > anyone help?
> >
>
> The buttons are already mapped as follows:
>
> MameUI = Action
> Button3 = Coin1, 1 Player start, and Fire Button2
> Button4 = Fire Button1, 2 Player start, and MameUI Enter
> Button2 = Escape to Game Menu
>
> To get past the license screen hit left direction and then right direction. (for
> O and K).
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Cheers,
> -Techmaster
>

Techmaster,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think you are saying is that the buttons are pre-programmed to work like the above. Unfortunately that is not what I'm experiencing on my Jornada 568. None of the buttons work after I get past the license screen.





SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (209.99.75.12)
Posted on10/25/01 04:07 PM



If you check a couple of messages down Tekhmaster has a new version of MAMECE that you have to start with.

Get it here

>
> Here is th full install in Cab format:
> http://www.mameworld.net/mamece3/MameCE3.ARM.CAB
>
> And here is just the EXE file:
> http://www.mameworld.net/mamece3/MameCE3.exe
>

Once I put that on my hp everything started working (well almost) and you can hit the button under the arrow pad once you are in the game to go to the game settings. From there you can reassign the keys for that game. (Its the change input for this game menu that you see on any version of MAME)

> I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> anyone help?
>





SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (65.227.128.177)
Posted on10/26/01 09:42 AM



> I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> anyone help?
>





SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byAnonymous (192.97.38.94)
Posted on10/26/01 09:56 AM



Thanks for the post. I could have sworn I downloaded the version that you speak of. I will try it again tonight. Also, do you have mame working on your jornada or megamame?


> If you check a couple of messages down Tekhmaster has a new version of MAMECE
> that you have to start with.
>
> Get it here
>
> >
> > Here is th full install in Cab format:
> > http://www.mameworld.net/mamece3/MameCE3.ARM.CAB
> >
> > And here is just the EXE file:
> > http://www.mameworld.net/mamece3/MameCE3.exe
> >
>
> Once I put that on my hp everything started working (well almost) and you can
> hit the button under the arrow pad once you are in the game to go to the game
> settings. From there you can reassign the keys for that game. (Its the change
> input for this game menu that you see on any version of MAME)
>
> > I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> > the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> > sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> > anyone help?
> >
>





SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byTekhmaster
Posted on10/29/01 11:02 PM



> Please excuse my ignorance but why would none of our buttons work when we push
> them?
>
> The OK by slecting left then right works, but nothing else?
Did you download the new release? The previous version had broken buttons.
I believe the ARM link on the home page now downloads the current working version as well. Try redownloading.


> What does it mean when you say MameUI=Action?
This is the key that you hit to change an entry in the MameUI. (equivalent to the Enter key in Destop Mame).


> What is button 1,2 ect? Is 1 the Home button?
Yes 1 is the Home key which desn't work at all.

> Hope you can explain ?
-Snip-

Hope that clarifies things.



Cheers,
-Techmaster


SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byMamegame
Posted on11/10/01 06:48 AM



> I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> anyone help?
>

I was having the exact same problem,until I got rid of the MEGAmameCE3.exe and went with the Smaller ARM version. Dump the MEGA version for now.

As soon as I did that, I was able to play Galaga (just finished a game). It's slow (40% + -), but coming along nicely. Just the fact that I'm carrying my all-time favorite arcade game in my hip pocket is miraculous to me.

Tekhmaster (and all MAME developers): Thank you SO much! You guys rock !






SubjectRe: Button Mapping and Jornada 568 new Reply to this message
Posted byTekhmaster
Posted on11/10/01 04:23 PM



> > I was able to get mamece working on my hp jornada 568, but I can't get any of
> > the buttons working when I'm in the games. Just from reading other posts, it
> > sounds like I need to map my buttons to key codes, but how do I do that? Can
> > anyone help?
> >
>
> I was having the exact same problem,until I got rid of the MEGAmameCE3.exe and
> went with the Smaller ARM version. Dump the MEGA version for now.
>
> As soon as I did that, I was able to play Galaga (just finished a game). It's
> slow (40% + -), but coming along nicely. Just the fact that I'm carrying my
> all-time favorite arcade game in my hip pocket is miraculous to me.
>
> Tekhmaster (and all MAME developers): Thank you SO much! You guys rock !
>
MegaMameCE3 due for an upgrade, soon. Keep an eye out :)


Cheers,
-Techmaster


Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode