Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectMAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC new Reply to this message
Posted byZimmy2
Posted on08/17/02 11:28 AM



Any plans for support for t-Mobile Pocket PC. I think it's just a matter of remapping buttons for the coin drop and start game features (however, two of the buttons, Phone of and Phone on are not remappable). Could those two features beactivated by screen taps?

Thanks!




SubjectRe: MAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC new Reply to this message
Posted bymystereit
Posted on10/17/02 11:49 AM



did you get any reaction?
Moritz


> Any plans for support for t-Mobile Pocket PC. I think it's just a matter of
> remapping buttons for the coin drop and start game features (however, two of the
> buttons, Phone of and Phone on are not remappable). Could those two features
> beactivated by screen taps?
>
> Thanks!
>





SubjectRe: MAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC new Reply to this message
Posted byZimmy2
Posted on10/18/02 11:02 AM



Nope, sure didn't.

I did however find a workaround for those ROM menus that had a "Free" play coin drop setting so I could bypass the need for simulating a coin drop. Once the ROM menu is set to Free Play then the game would automatically start. Still kinda messy though. Also the button pressing sequence for navigating through the ROM menus was touchy cause it would kick you out of the ROM occasionally.

Hope that helps.


> did you get any reaction?
> Moritz
>
>
> > Any plans for support for t-Mobile Pocket PC. I think it's just a matter of
> > remapping buttons for the coin drop and start game features (however, two of
> the
> > buttons, Phone of and Phone on are not remappable). Could those two features
> > beactivated by screen taps?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
>





SubjectRe: MAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC new Reply to this message
Posted byTekhmaster
Posted on10/24/02 05:09 PM



Would need a copy of the Key codes for the buttons on this device.
If I get those I could add it to the build.

> Nope, sure didn't.
>
> I did however find a workaround for those ROM menus that had a "Free" play coin
> drop setting so I could bypass the need for simulating a coin drop. Once the
> ROM menu is set to Free Play then the game would automatically start. Still
> kinda messy though. Also the button pressing sequence for navigating through
> the ROM menus was touchy cause it would kick you out of the ROM occasionally.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
>
> > did you get any reaction?
> > Moritz
> >
> >
> > > Any plans for support for t-Mobile Pocket PC. I think it's just a matter of
> > > remapping buttons for the coin drop and start game features (however, two of
> > the
> > > buttons, Phone of and Phone on are not remappable). Could those two
> features
> > > beactivated by screen taps?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> >
>


Cheers,
-Techmaster


SubjectRe: MAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC new Reply to this message
Posted byandyclap
Posted on10/28/02 03:19 PM



I have a build I did for myself (I have an XDA). If you want the source, just let me know (techmaster - sent you an email about this).

> Would need a copy of the Key codes for the buttons on this device.
> If I get those I could add it to the build.
>
> > Nope, sure didn't.
> >
> > I did however find a workaround for those ROM menus that had a "Free" play
> coin
> > drop setting so I could bypass the need for simulating a coin drop. Once the
> > ROM menu is set to Free Play then the game would automatically start. Still
> > kinda messy though. Also the button pressing sequence for navigating through
> > the ROM menus was touchy cause it would kick you out of the ROM occasionally.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> >
> > > did you get any reaction?
> > > Moritz
> > >
> > >
> > > > Any plans for support for t-Mobile Pocket PC. I think it's just a matter
> of
> > > > remapping buttons for the coin drop and start game features (however, two
> of
> > > the
> > > > buttons, Phone of and Phone on are not remappable). Could those two
> > features
> > > > beactivated by screen taps?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks!
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
>
> Cheers,
> -Techmaster
>



SubjectRe: MAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC new Reply to this message
Posted byromrunner
Posted on10/31/02 04:04 PM



I also have a T-Mobile PPC, so I would like to know how you made MameCE work. Also, can I use the ROMs from my existing desktop version of MAME?

> I have a build I did for myself (I have an XDA). If you want the source, just
> let me know (techmaster - sent you an email about this).
>
> > Would need a copy of the Key codes for the buttons on this device.
> > If I get those I could add it to the build.
> >




SubjectRe: MAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC new Reply to this message
Posted byandyclap
Posted on11/01/02 05:03 AM



I can mail you the source code changes, or the compiled executable if you like. Just let me know your email address.

> I also have a T-Mobile PPC, so I would like to know how you made MameCE work.
> Also, can I use the ROMs from my existing desktop version of MAME?
>
> > I have a build I did for myself (I have an XDA). If you want the source, just
> > let me know (techmaster - sent you an email about this).
> >
> > > Would need a copy of the Key codes for the buttons on this device.
> > > If I get those I could add it to the build.
> > >
>





SubjectRe: MAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC new Reply to this message
Posted byromrunner
Posted on11/01/02 08:49 AM



Hey thanks! The compiled version would be nice - email is romrunning(nospam)@yahoo.com. Let me know if it's over the freebie mailbox limit. In my quest for some games for this TMobile, I've noticed that hardly anything is freeware anymore... (sigh). I've also come to realize that the "phone" buttons on the bottom are virtually non-remappable, and thus really bad for games (who wants to play Tetris with a stylus?!). Finally it seems that quite a few games don't have a reliable time clock (Lemmings was WAY too fast - perhaps meant for the 33Mhz Dragonball?)


> I can mail you the source code changes, or the compiled executable if you like.
> Just let me know your email address.
>
> > I also have a T-Mobile PPC, so I would like to know how you made MameCE work.
> > Also, can I use the ROMs from my existing desktop version of MAME?
> >
> > > I have a build I did for myself (I have an XDA). If you want the source,
> just
> > > let me know (techmaster - sent you an email about this).
> > >
> > > > Would need a copy of the Key codes for the buttons on this device.
> > > > If I get those I could add it to the build.
> > > >
> >
>



SubjectRe: MAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC Reply to this message
Posted byHEHDaddy
Posted on12/08/02 11:06 PM



Can you email me the compiled executable? That would be so awesome!!

keith(nospam)@keith-harvey.com

> I can mail you the source code changes, or the compiled executable if you like.
> Just let me know your email address.
>
> > I also have a T-Mobile PPC, so I would like to know how you made MameCE work.
> > Also, can I use the ROMs from my existing desktop version of MAME?
> >
> > > I have a build I did for myself (I have an XDA). If you want the source,
> just
> > > let me know (techmaster - sent you an email about this).
> > >
> > > > Would need a copy of the Key codes for the buttons on this device.
> > > > If I get those I could add it to the build.
> > > >
> >
>



SubjectRe: MAME for t-Mobile Pocket PC new Reply to this message
Posted byandyclap
Posted on12/09/02 07:24 AM



Check your mail!




Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode