Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectCan anyone help with converting mame roms to neomame? new Reply to this message
Posted byz80dave
Posted on02/23/06 05:18 AM



Hi, sorry I'm a noob at this forum, so first of hi 2 you all!
I wanted to try Neomame, yeah I know it's old but it would be ideal for an old PC lying around.The version I got was neomamev.56 which I assumed was based on mame v.56, so I managed to get a clrmame .dat file for that version, and used it to create the roms for neomame.However, when I try running the games in Neomame, it says there are roms missing, have I used the wrong .dat file or something? or can't clrmamepro create neomame sets?
I'd really appreciate your help with this, as it's been driving me mad.





SubjectRe: Can anyone help with converting mame roms to neomame? new Reply to this message
Posted by[seh]
Posted on02/25/06 04:31 AM



You might not have the NEOGEO BIOS files. They should be zipped (neogeo.zip), and reside in one of your ROM paths (preferably where your NeoMAME sets are). If it was me, I'd use the latest MAME from mame.net as it has the most up to date NEOGEO driver (AFAIK).

> Hi, sorry I'm a noob at this forum, so first of hi 2 you all!
> I wanted to try Neomame, yeah I know it's old but it would be ideal for an old
> PC lying around.The version I got was neomamev.56 which I assumed was based on
> mame v.56, so I managed to get a clrmame .dat file for that version, and used it
> to create the roms for neomame.However, when I try running the games in Neomame,
> it says there are roms missing, have I used the wrong .dat file or something? or
> can't clrmamepro create neomame sets?
> I'd really appreciate your help with this, as it's been driving me mad.
>



SubjectRe: Can anyone help with converting mame roms to neomame? new Reply to this message
Posted byz80dave
Posted on02/25/06 06:03 AM



Hi, thanks for that, although I do actually have the bios set, that's fine, it's just when I convert them the sets are missing a few roms, which appear to be in the v.104 sets under different names, so I did try just renaming those on a few and adding them in, but they fail the crc check?, so maybe they aren't the correct ones, and have been redumped at some stage? hence why clrmamepro can't use them, as in the DAT it does list the missing ones as being required.

I do use the new mame version, but I was hoping to add them to cabinet I built which has a vertical screen, and so I need to rotate them, and it runs on a PIII 500mhz, so I was hoping that this NeoMame would be much faster, as it's only doing those games, and is based on an older Mame version.

I've tried rombuilder, but that doesn't support this emulator, so are there any other faster emulators which work in DOS, and support rotation, like Raine?

Any help you guys can offer will be appreciated.




SubjectRe: Can anyone help with converting mame roms to neomame? Reply to this message
Posted byWam-bam
Posted on04/25/06 04:00 AM



> Hi, thanks for that, although I do actually have the bios set, that's fine, it's
> just when I convert them the sets are missing a few roms, which appear to be in
> the v.104 sets under different names, so I did try just renaming those on a few
> and adding them in, but they fail the crc check?, so maybe they aren't the
> correct ones, and have been redumped at some stage? hence why clrmamepro can't
> use them, as in the DAT it does list the missing ones as being required.
>
> I do use the new mame version, but I was hoping to add them to cabinet I built
> which has a vertical screen, and so I need to rotate them, and it runs on a PIII
> 500mhz, so I was hoping that this NeoMame would be much faster, as it's only
> doing those games, and is based on an older Mame version.
>
> I've tried rombuilder, but that doesn't support this emulator, so are there any
> other faster emulators which work in DOS, and support rotation, like Raine?
>
> Any help you guys can offer will be appreciated.
>


I'm in a similar situation to you I'm on a pentium 450mhz




SubjectRe: Can anyone help with converting mame roms to neomame? new Reply to this message
Posted by[Pi]
Posted on04/27/06 05:32 AM




> > which has a vertical screen, and so I need to rotate them, and it runs on a
> >PIII 500mhz,

> I'm in a similar situation to you I'm on a pentium 450mhz

There are plenty emulators which don't need the horsepower MAME needs. Kawaks can run nicely in those systems and it uses mostly the same roms as MAME with a few additions.

Pi - The meanings of all motions, shapes and sounds
Arcade news, emulator archives and gamelists at CAESAR


Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode