Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectSuper Mario Bros new Reply to this message
Posted bythe_flip
Posted on01/02/02 05:33 AM



Heya all,

Is it possible to get the Super Mario Bros pinball emulated, or are there issues preventing it?

flipcode






SubjectRe: Super Mario Bros new Reply to this message
Posted byrkc
Posted on01/02/02 09:37 AM



> Heya all,
>
> Is it possible to get the Super Mario Bros pinball emulated, or are there issues
> preventing it?
>
> flipcode
>
Yep , Gottliebs rights is holding this one up.
it's not 25 years old ..
on Stern tables there's a 3 year border.

you can make them for yourself , but releasing them is a risk..




SubjectRe: Super Mario Bros new Reply to this message
Posted bythe_flip
Posted on01/02/02 10:30 AM



Yeah but is it any more of a risk than any emulator author takes? take mame, impact, s11emu, etc. im sure many games these emulate are still 'owned' by someone.

what do you think?



> > Heya all,
> >
> > Is it possible to get the Super Mario Bros pinball emulated, or are there
> issues
> > preventing it?
> >
> > flipcode
> >
> Yep , Gottliebs rights is holding this one up.
> it's not 25 years old ..
> on Stern tables there's a 3 year border.
>
> you can make them for yourself , but releasing them is a risk..
>





SubjectRe: Super Mario Bros new Reply to this message
Posted byrkc
Posted on01/02/02 10:54 AM



> Yeah but is it any more of a risk than any emulator author takes? take mame,
> impact, s11emu, etc. im sure many games these emulate are still 'owned' by
> someone.
>
> what do you think?
>
>
>
> > > Heya all,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to get the Super Mario Bros pinball emulated, or are there
> > issues
> > > preventing it?
> > >
> > > flipcode
> > >
> > Yep , Gottliebs rights is holding this one up.
> > it's not 25 years old ..
> > on Stern tables there's a 3 year border.
> >
> > you can make them for yourself , but releasing them is a risk..
> >
>
It's not about the emulator.
There against the use off there roms.
Posts on the vpinforum about to new gottlieb tabels will be removed & AJ and shiva don't submitt these tables to THERE sites..

offcourse these tables are been made,getting them would be hard.
i know there working on Streetfighter , stargate ,mariobros and Bonebusters.
But how you get them , i really don't know , besize that it's hard to get gottlieb roms since some sites removed them after Gottliebs post.
i know only one for table creaters..





SubjectRe: Super Mario Bros Reply to this message
Posted bysellenoff
Posted on01/02/02 02:04 PM



> Heya all,
>
> Is it possible to get the Super Mario Bros pinball emulated, or are there issues
> preventing it?
>
> flipcode
>

Yes, it is possible to do super mario brothers. However, it will be more difficult to do than most other tables for the follwoing reasons:

a) Gottlieb Roms are very hard to find, since they asked them to be removed from most websites.
b) Gottlieb pictures, manuals, and information are very hard to find for the same reason.
c) EVEN if you get past all that, and make an incredible table, you'll have to find a place to host it so others can download it, since Gottlieb has asked shivasite not to host gottlieb information..

So it *can* be done, and people who want it bad enough will do it. I encourage people to try, since it's a shame to see it get erased from history..

And if you haven't figured out yet, people who own the Gottlieb rights are being real jerks. They figure that microsoft will make another pinball classics, release, and of course use all their pinball tables. Pretty stupid, since it's not gonna happen.
Not to mention that they've cut off gottlieb pin owners, making it very hard to fix their machines..




SubjectRe: Super Mario Bros -- a fresh opinion new Reply to this message
Posted bymamegod
Posted on01/02/02 05:11 PM



> i know there working on Streetfighter , stargate ,mariobros and Bonebusters.
> But how you get them , i really don't know , besize that it's hard to get
> gottlieb roms since some sites removed them after Gottliebs post.

------------------------------------------------------------

>Yes, it is possible to do super mario brothers. However, >it will be more difficult to do than most other tables for >the follwoing reasons:

>a) Gottlieb Roms are very hard to find, since they asked >them to be removed from most websites.
>b) Gottlieb pictures, manuals, and information are very >hard to find for the same reason.
>c) EVEN if you get past all that, and make an incredible >table, you'll have to find a place to host it so others >can download it, since Gottlieb has asked shivasite not to >host gottlieb information



Not to be rude, but why do I find the above 2 posts incredibly funny? Roms that arent hosted by the companys website can be dumped through rom reading devices. You might want to check out Mame, thousands of arcade games dumped by hand in rom-readers and then emulated. Literally only a handful of them were provided by the original companies/authors/programmers (see roby roto and the other couple of freeware games)

I dont see how a company not wanting this to happen is going to stop anyone. Its not like people are going to throw their hands up in the air and say "oh well, the company isnt going to freely let us download our roms, so we might as well forget it."

Part of the magic of most emulators is that there are challenges. Sometimes its in getting the boards, other times the technical complexities of the hardware... and even sometimes the ducking in the shadows from the law and IDSA, etc. www.mame.dk isn't hosted on Denmark soil for nothing you know.....


In this case, i think the roms are the least of peoples worries. Not everything "graces" the WWW, and it doesnt have to be hosted on a website for it to happen. Alternatively, perhaps a www.pinmame.dk?

In close, I think the emulation community is strong enough to withstand one company making a stink about their roms, and removing their download....LOL

Mame On!




SubjectRe: Super Mario Bros -- a fresh opinion new Reply to this message
Posted bythe_flip
Posted on01/02/02 07:30 PM



Well I find it very difficult to see why the company that holds the rights to this particular pinball would prevent emulation of their systems. The post to which I am replying to says it all. Take the N64 for example, or the PSX. Both Nintendo and Sony are/had huge spits about emulating these systems and the availability of the ROMs online, yet you have emulators like ePSXe and PJ64 which are probably the best emulators in the PSX and N64 genre.

If I had the technical know-how, I would emulate this pinball machine and just post it on some Geocities web site for everyone to try. I mean, emulating the system isn't illegal, just the ROMs (like that stops the distribution though), so why not just emulate the machine anyways?

flipcode



> > i know there working on Streetfighter , stargate ,mariobros and Bonebusters.
> > But how you get them , i really don't know , besize that it's hard to get
> > gottlieb roms since some sites removed them after Gottliebs post.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> >Yes, it is possible to do super mario brothers. However, >it will be more
> difficult to do than most other tables for >the follwoing reasons:
>
> >a) Gottlieb Roms are very hard to find, since they asked >them to be removed
> from most websites.
> >b) Gottlieb pictures, manuals, and information are very >hard to find for the
> same reason.
> >c) EVEN if you get past all that, and make an incredible >table, you'll have to
> find a place to host it so others >can download it, since Gottlieb has asked
> shivasite not to >host gottlieb information
>
>
>
> Not to be rude, but why do I find the above 2 posts incredibly funny? Roms that
> arent hosted by the companys website can be dumped through rom reading devices.
> You might want to check out Mame, thousands of arcade games dumped by hand in
> rom-readers and then emulated. Literally only a handful of them were provided by
> the original companies/authors/programmers (see roby roto and the other couple
> of freeware games)
>
> I dont see how a company not wanting this to happen is going to stop anyone. Its
> not like people are going to throw their hands up in the air and say "oh well,
> the company isnt going to freely let us download our roms, so we might as well
> forget it."
>
> Part of the magic of most emulators is that there are challenges. Sometimes its
> in getting the boards, other times the technical complexities of the hardware...
> and even sometimes the ducking in the shadows from the law and IDSA, etc.
> www.mame.dk isn't hosted on Denmark soil for nothing you know.....
>
>
> In this case, i think the roms are the least of peoples worries. Not everything
> "graces" the WWW, and it doesnt have to be hosted on a website for it to happen.
> Alternatively, perhaps a www.pinmame.dk?
>
> In close, I think the emulation community is strong enough to withstand one
> company making a stink about their roms, and removing their download....LOL
>
> Mame On!
>





SubjectRe: Super Mario Bros -- a fresh opinion new Reply to this message
Posted byrkc
Posted on01/03/02 02:37 PM



> Well I find it very difficult to see why the company that holds the rights to
> this particular pinball would prevent emulation of their systems. The post to
> which I am replying to says it all. Take the N64 for example, or the PSX. Both
> Nintendo and Sony are/had huge spits about emulating these systems and the
> availability of the ROMs online, yet you have emulators like ePSXe and PJ64
> which are probably the best emulators in the PSX and N64 genre.
>
> If I had the technical know-how, I would emulate this pinball machine and just
> post it on some Geocities web site for everyone to try. I mean, emulating the
> system isn't illegal, just the ROMs (like that stops the distribution though),
> so why not just emulate the machine anyways?
>
> flipcode
>
>
>
> > > i know there working on Streetfighter , stargate ,mariobros and Bonebusters.
> > > But how you get them , i really don't know , besize that it's hard to get
> > > gottlieb roms since some sites removed them after Gottliebs post.
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > >Yes, it is possible to do super mario brothers. However, >it will be more
> > difficult to do than most other tables for >the follwoing reasons:
> >
> > >a) Gottlieb Roms are very hard to find, since they asked >them to be removed
> > from most websites.
> > >b) Gottlieb pictures, manuals, and information are very >hard to find for the
> > same reason.
> > >c) EVEN if you get past all that, and make an incredible >table, you'll have
> to
> > find a place to host it so others >can download it, since Gottlieb has asked
> > shivasite not to >host gottlieb information
> >
> >
> >
> > Not to be rude, but why do I find the above 2 posts incredibly funny? Roms
> that
> > arent hosted by the companys website can be dumped through rom reading
> devices.
> > You might want to check out Mame, thousands of arcade games dumped by hand in
> > rom-readers and then emulated. Literally only a handful of them were provided
> by
> > the original companies/authors/programmers (see roby roto and the other couple
> > of freeware games)
> >
> > I dont see how a company not wanting this to happen is going to stop anyone.
> Its
> > not like people are going to throw their hands up in the air and say "oh well,
> > the company isnt going to freely let us download our roms, so we might as well
> > forget it."
> >
> > Part of the magic of most emulators is that there are challenges. Sometimes
> its
> > in getting the boards, other times the technical complexities of the
> hardware...
> > and even sometimes the ducking in the shadows from the law and IDSA, etc.
> > www.mame.dk isn't hosted on Denmark soil for nothing you know.....
> >
> >
> > In this case, i think the roms are the least of peoples worries. Not
> everything
> > "graces" the WWW, and it doesnt have to be hosted on a website for it to
> happen.
> > Alternatively, perhaps a www.pinmame.dk?
> >
> > In close, I think the emulation community is strong enough to withstand one
> > company making a stink about their roms, and removing their download....LOL
> >
> > Mame On!
> >
>
600 otther pins outthere to make how cares about gottlieb they suck ..




Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode