Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectRodgz is banned! new Reply to this message
Posted bykristian
Posted on12/03/02 09:47 PM



Well it's now official. Rodgz is banned because he just said something that the moderators didn't like.

Just check out this guy's posts with the search engine. Have you ever seen more reasonable fellow at the VPForums? He wanted to straighten things out and told the moderators what he thought in extremely polite manner. Now he's totally censored from posting there.

I mean, those moderators are a fucking joke! :)




SubjectRe: Rodgz is banned! new Reply to this message
Posted by_Parallax_
Posted on12/03/02 11:38 PM



> Well it's now official. Rodgz is banned because he just said something that the
> moderators didn't like.
>
> Just check out this guy's posts with the search engine. Have you ever seen more
> reasonable fellow at the VPForums? He wanted to straighten things out and told
> the moderators what he thought in extremely polite manner. Now he's totally
> censored from posting there.
>
> I mean, those moderators are a fucking joke! :)
>

??? Is there a post that says that he was banned or something?





SubjectI'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted byPacDude
Posted on12/04/02 00:42 AM



> Well it's now official. Rodgz is banned because he just said something that the
> moderators didn't like.

I can tell you who will be next because it was just leaked to me by one of the staff. There is a concerted effort going on right now to get rid of certain people at VPForums because of their views on modding, etc. and for causing them trouble there. I guess I was on the trouble causing list, even though I stuck to the rules.

I was told just a few minutes ago that table development is being purposely held up by a group of about 10 developers on there (what's left of VPMX, so you do the math who they are) until certain people are ousted from VPForums and these developers can be assured their "works is safe." I was told Rodgz and Emkaah are next on the list. It seems Rodgz just got his.

I have to say Kristian that Nicky is right. You're on the list too. They're just looking for an excuse to ban you right now, not matter how small. Rule breaking has nothing to do with it. It's attitude and sharing alike viewpoints on authoring rights.

There is a large list of VPM tables that will magically appear after everyone is banned that they want banned and this is also designed to appease the remaining leeches, to show them that the community isn't dead. I'm talking about new versions and updates to about 16 tables (and it wasn't a complete list):

"WhoDunnit, Sharkey's Shootout, Godzilla, Striker Extreme, High Roller Casino, Champion Pub, Caveman, Maverick, Star Wars Trilogy. Updates to Medieval Madness, Xenon, Judge Dredd and many others. New versions of High Speed, Dirty Harry, No Fear, Taxi."

Yes, folks. It's a full fledged conspiracy from VPMX to Black and AJ knows all about it. Send your supporting donations in right now!

Here's the latest demands:

"Basically we want no mods at all. Either get permission to do an update or make your own versions. And the group opinion is leaning towards total locking especially due to the discussions going on at Retrogames."


I delayed sending this to check on some more things (the only person I told about it was Kristian since he posted the banning news) and SINCE then (an hour or so again), I've been 100% banned from VPForums, not just posting. So I will go ahead and tell you now the person that told me about it was none other than Kid Charlemagne himself.

People. Listen up. There are about a dozen people out to destroy the VP Community as it stands right now. Ass kissers only are allowed there now. I can't believe AJ is actually tolerating this crap let alone supporting it, but that's how it is.

And don't believe that BS about Black quitting. I find it highly suspect. If they're planning this crap and changing rules just to get rid of people, I suspect it's just one more ploy to get the rest of you to obey their every whim. And then suddenly and magically Black will come back and those tables above will be released and you will all worship them like good little boys and girls. I can't believe anyone in the pinball community would stoop that low, but that's how it appears.





Subjectviva la mame new Reply to this message
Posted byLord Ashram
Posted on12/04/02 01:07 AM



> I can't believe anyone in the pinball community would stoop that low, but that's
> how it appears.

tiny penis == no sex + 1337 forum nerd

did you ever think that vp would not get as bad as everything else?

let them all take turns giving each other reach arounds, eventually they'll run out of lotion and turn on each other.



--------------------------------------



SubjectRe: viva la mame new Reply to this message
Posted by_Parallax_
Posted on12/04/02 01:11 AM



> > I can't believe anyone in the pinball community would stoop that low, but
> that's
> > how it appears.
>
> tiny penis == no sex + 1337 forum nerd
>
> did you ever think that vp would not get as bad as everything else?
>
> let them all take turns giving each other reach arounds, eventually they'll run
> out of lotion and turn on each other.
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------
>

LMFAO




SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted bydestruk
Posted on12/04/02 01:32 AM



That's amazing PacDude - first, the vpmx group never had plans to do tabboo tables like Hi Roller Casino, matter of fact perhaps KidC has it all done and hasn't told anybody. It's not a group project.

Caveman, done by KidC and LuvThatApex, and myself, is waiting for the next vpinmame release to fix the video issues, as well as correcting the switch numbers for the arrows. Right now the caveman doesn't move at all with any public release of vpinmame available, and it can't be released that way.

There are 28 developers who are active, and members of VPMX.

Who is working on Taxi anyway?

Sharkey's Shootout and Striker Extreme aren't even playable yet. Star Wars Trilogy hasn't been touched in a month at least.
As for updates of existing tables, I doubt anyone cares as they can play existing versions. I haven't seen them on the private ftp, so I must assume they are also progressing at a slower-than-snail's pace. ie Maverick (from november of LAST YEAR) hasn't had anything new uploaded for it since then.

Who Dunnit and Godzilla are just about ready - but then a lot of effort has been put into them (wpcmame even worked on who dunnit)!


As for Black, yeah he said he quit - who knows, and does it matter? But I doubt AJ really knows what they've been up to over there, it's gone from bad to worse.


SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted byPacDude
Posted on12/04/02 02:13 AM



> That's amazing PacDude - first, the vpmx group never had plans to do tabboo

I was assuming it was VPMX from some of the tables that I was aware of that KC, JOEP and others have worked on on that list. It was probably premature to assume VPMX members since I don't even know who's still in it these days. But I cannot comment on the accuracy of the statements KC sent me. Maybe he believes that's why they've been held up, but that's what he told me that those tables on that list were on hold because the authors weren't going to release any until they were sure their tables were safe.

Maybe it's just the staff and a couple of devs causing trouble, but someone is causing trouble over there and it sure as heck isn't me because I've been banned from posting for several days now and completely banned as of this evening. The point is there IS a concerted effort to get rid of people the staff don't like or agree with at VPForums and those actions can only bust up the community into small factions. And the fact that KC told me that Rodgz was on the list to get rid of and within that hour it happened is enough evidence to me to suspect that at least part of what he said is very true indeed.

I found MY account totally deleted this evening well before I posted anything about this aspect.


> As for Black, yeah he said he quit - who knows, and does it matter? But I doubt
> AJ really knows what they've been up to over there, it's gone from bad to worse.
>

Well I've sent AJ another e-mail telling him everything I know. Considering he ignore my previous 2 regarding my posting ban that occurred without warning or stated explanation, etc. I don't hold much hope that he's simply unaware of what's going on. He's been active in the past few days and so he's had more than ample opportunity to read those e-mails.

As for Black, I couldn't care less personally, especially now that Randy's reappeared. I've always respected Randy. Black lost my respect the day he flamed the heck out of Paratech for no good reason (because Paratech didn't care for Jetsons? That was ridiculous and I haven't forgotten it every time I read an offputting comment by him).






SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted byewmboard
Posted on12/04/02 04:04 AM



> As for Black, I couldn't care less personally, especially now that Randy's
> reappeared.

Personally, I'd happily trade an extra six months waiting for a new version of VP for being rid of all the ego BS that's arrived since Black got involved. Truth is, we don't really NEED a new version of VP. Sure, it'll be good to have one, but with the exception of the ball-through-flipper bug, which Black doesn't seem to have made any impression on anyway, pretty much every "problem" with VP as it stands can be worked around. Just look at the "transparent" ramps people have made, or the amazing magnet work on TAF, or the clever stuff people have done with reels and droppable walls.

Most of the remaining issues are issues with VPMAME, not VP, so unless the VPMAME team are also threatening to go off in a sulk because nobody's kissing their ass enough today - which I haven't heard any suggestion of - then frankly Black's departure isn't actually going to make much of a difference to anything. As far as I'm concerned Black's most significant contribution to VP was bringing in locks, and look how little good THAT did anyone.




SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted byEmkaah
Posted on12/04/02 02:46 PM



> > Well it's now official. Rodgz is banned because he just said something that
> the
> > moderators didn't like.
>
> I can tell you who will be next because it was just leaked to me by one of the
> staff. There is a concerted effort going on right now to get rid of certain
> people at VPForums because of their views on modding, etc. and for causing them
> trouble there. I guess I was on the trouble causing list, even though I stuck
> to the rules.
>
> I was told just a few minutes ago that table development is being purposely held
> up by a group of about 10 developers on there (what's left of VPMX, so you do
> the math who they are) until certain people are ousted from VPForums and these
> developers can be assured their "works is safe." I was told Rodgz and Emkaah
> are next on the list. It seems Rodgz just got his.
>

Well, PacDude, your sources are right. They banned me while I am such a nice guy, can you believe it :)?

As what I was told, I was banned for posting because of what I posted here.. not on VPforum but on this forum (I probably should have make my nick AussyPin or so, on this board, like Cowboy).

I just came on VPForums to get some feedback for my tables, but it has became much more fun than I expected. I have to admit that I find the whole situation highly amusing. All those 30+ years old guys and gals acting like children. I never saw that to this extend.

I hope there will be an alternative forum for pinball. So I can enjoy making tables once more.

-Em






SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted byDesEIP
Posted on12/04/02 04:12 PM



> > Well it's now official. Rodgz is banned because he just said something that
> the
> > moderators didn't like.
>
> I can tell you who will be next because it was just leaked to me by one of the
> staff. There is a concerted effort going on right now to get rid of certain
> people at VPForums because of their views on modding, etc. and for causing them
> trouble there. I guess I was on the trouble causing list, even though I stuck
> to the rules.
>
> I was told just a few minutes ago that table development is being purposely held
> up by a group of about 10 developers on there (what's left of VPMX, so you do
> the math who they are) until certain people are ousted from VPForums and these
> developers can be assured their "works is safe." I was told Rodgz and Emkaah
> are next on the list. It seems Rodgz just got his.
>
> I have to say Kristian that Nicky is right. You're on the list too. They're
> just looking for an excuse to ban you right now, not matter how small. Rule
> breaking has nothing to do with it. It's attitude and sharing alike viewpoints
> on authoring rights.
>
> There is a large list of VPM tables that will magically appear after everyone is
> banned that they want banned and this is also designed to appease the remaining
> leeches, to show them that the community isn't dead. I'm talking about new
> versions and updates to about 16 tables (and it wasn't a complete list):
>
> "WhoDunnit, Sharkey's Shootout, Godzilla, Striker Extreme, High Roller Casino,
> Champion Pub, Caveman, Maverick, Star Wars Trilogy. Updates to Medieval Madness,
> Xenon, Judge Dredd and many others. New versions of High Speed, Dirty Harry, No
> Fear, Taxi."
>
> Yes, folks. It's a full fledged conspiracy from VPMX to Black and AJ knows all
> about it. Send your supporting donations in right now!
>
> Here's the latest demands:
>
> "Basically we want no mods at all. Either get permission to do an update or make
> your own versions. And the group opinion is leaning towards total locking
> especially due to the discussions going on at Retrogames."
>
>
> I delayed sending this to check on some more things (the only person I told
> about it was Kristian since he posted the banning news) and SINCE then (an hour
> or so again), I've been 100% banned from VPForums, not just posting. So I will
> go ahead and tell you now the person that told me about it was none other than
> Kid Charlemagne himself.
>
> People. Listen up. There are about a dozen people out to destroy the VP
> Community as it stands right now. Ass kissers only are allowed there now. I
> can't believe AJ is actually tolerating this crap let alone supporting it, but
> that's how it is.
>
> And don't believe that BS about Black quitting. I find it highly suspect. If
> they're planning this crap and changing rules just to get rid of people, I
> suspect it's just one more ploy to get the rest of you to obey their every whim.
> And then suddenly and magically Black will come back and those tables above
> will be released and you will all worship them like good little boys and girls.
> I can't believe anyone in the pinball community would stoop that low, but that's
> how it appears.
>



SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come Reply to this message
Posted byDesEIP
Posted on12/04/02 04:15 PM



> > Well it's now official. Rodgz is banned because he just said something that
> the
> > moderators didn't like.
>
> I can tell you who will be next because it was just leaked to me by one of the
> staff. There is a concerted effort going on right now to get rid of certain
> people at VPForums because of their views on modding, etc. and for causing them
> trouble there. I guess I was on the trouble causing list, even though I stuck
> to the rules.
>
> I was told just a few minutes ago that table development is being purposely held
> up by a group of about 10 developers on there (what's left of VPMX, so you do
> the math who they are) until certain people are ousted from VPForums and these
> developers can be assured their "works is safe." I was told Rodgz and Emkaah
> are next on the list. It seems Rodgz just got his.
>
> I have to say Kristian that Nicky is right. You're on the list too. They're
> just looking for an excuse to ban you right now, not matter how small. Rule
> breaking has nothing to do with it. It's attitude and sharing alike viewpoints
> on authoring rights.
>
> There is a large list of VPM tables that will magically appear after everyone is
> banned that they want banned and this is also designed to appease the remaining
> leeches, to show them that the community isn't dead. I'm talking about new
> versions and updates to about 16 tables (and it wasn't a complete list):
>
> "WhoDunnit, Sharkey's Shootout, Godzilla, Striker Extreme, High Roller Casino,
> Champion Pub, Caveman, Maverick, Star Wars Trilogy. Updates to Medieval Madness,
> Xenon, Judge Dredd and many others. New versions of High Speed, Dirty Harry, No
> Fear, Taxi."
>
> Yes, folks. It's a full fledged conspiracy from VPMX to Black and AJ knows all
> about it. Send your supporting donations in right now!
>
> Here's the latest demands:
>
> "Basically we want no mods at all. Either get permission to do an update or make
> your own versions. And the group opinion is leaning towards total locking
> especially due to the discussions going on at Retrogames."
>
>
> I delayed sending this to check on some more things (the only person I told
> about it was Kristian since he posted the banning news) and SINCE then (an hour
> or so again), I've been 100% banned from VPForums, not just posting. So I will
> go ahead and tell you now the person that told me about it was none other than
> Kid Charlemagne himself.
>
> People. Listen up. There are about a dozen people out to destroy the VP
> Community as it stands right now. Ass kissers only are allowed there now. I
> can't believe AJ is actually tolerating this crap let alone supporting it, but
> that's how it is.
>
> And don't believe that BS about Black quitting. I find it highly suspect. If
> they're planning this crap and changing rules just to get rid of people, I
> suspect it's just one more ploy to get the rest of you to obey their every whim.
> And then suddenly and magically Black will come back and those tables above
> will be released and you will all worship them like good little boys and girls.
> I can't believe anyone in the pinball community would stoop that low, but that's
> how it appears.
>


ok now i got this working 8)

just for your info pac ...

high speed isnt being " held hostage" I am curretly working on the grapchis for it ... it is still wip and i dont have a set date for its release .. but it isnt being
held for some kind of ransom .. nor are any of my tables .. my tables are locked but that is just my personal preference ...

kthanks

Des



SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted byPacDude
Posted on12/04/02 06:03 PM



> As what I was told, I was banned for posting because of what I posted here.. not
> on VPforum but on this forum (I probably should have make my nick AussyPin or
> so, on this board, like Cowboy).

That's exactly the reason I finally got in e-mail for my "total ban" from VPForums. They told me because I was obviously in so much anguish being censored on VPForums, they'd relieve me of my chains and ban me. What a crock. So we're not allowed to speak freely at places other than VPforums either??? Who the hell do they think thy are?

Just look at AJ's lies down below. He admits he hasn't been reading VPForums much at all, but he believes Kinsey when she tells him that we're all just a bunch of troublemakers. Wow. That's some trust he places in her. Well I know Kinsey a lot better than he does because I've had her flame the hell out of me in private before just becaues she didn't like my views on the lock issue when it first came up. She wasn't a staff member then, but she still "banned" me from her own personal view while simultaneously telling me to "fuck off." I never told her such things.

> I hope there will be an alternative forum for pinball. So I can enjoy making
> tables once more.

Well I'd start with here and go from there. I plan to send my tables to the site Kristian suggested and put the release notes here for now. If someone sets up a better board, we can move there.






SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted byPacDude
Posted on12/04/02 06:15 PM



> > I was told Rodgz and Emkaah
> > are next on the list. It seems Rodgz just got his.

I was right about them. That ought to at least be proof that what I was saying was the truth as I know it. But if KC wants to believe that ALL those tables are being held up for that reason, well I can't control personal delusions.

> ok now i got this working 8)
>
> just for your info pac ...
>
> high speed isnt being " held hostage" I am curretly working on the grapchis for
> it ... it is still wip and i dont have a set date for its release .. but it isnt
> being
> held for some kind of ransom .. nor are any of my tables .. my tables are locked
> but that is just my personal preference ...

I have no problem with that Des. I'd prefer to remain friends with reasonable people. My dislike for the crap the staff at VPForums is up to has nothing to do with individual authors. I don't even hate KC. Sure I disagree with his views, but he would at least talk to me about them and we were able to work things out eventually each time it happened. I don't think he originally banned me. I think it was probably Kinsey since both Black and BJ commented in that thread and never even hinted at banning.

Kinsey meanwhile said I did something 'wrong' by using KC's images in my table even though I hadn't released the table so I suspect her plus I know she hates me as she's cussed me out in private a few times. That's a crock as what's in my private copies is none of her business as long as I don't release them. KC finally talked to me in private and said he just wanted me to ask to use the images, so I did. We both apologized to each other in private for acting that way publicly. It should never have happened in public view. But for them to ban me and not KC is biased and one-sided no matter how you look at it.

Now they've banned me permanantly based on "trouble" I'm causing HERE at Retrogames as if they have a right to control my free speech anywhere I go. Whomever Aussipin is at VPForums (most now seem to think it's Cowboy) comes over here and hides behind an assumed name and flames the crap out of all of us like a total coward and yet he won't get banned. I bet even if he was using his real name he woudln't get banned because the staff at VPForums agrees with his behavior.






SubjectRe: Rodgz is banned! new Reply to this message
Posted bykristian
Posted on12/04/02 10:10 PM



> > Well it's now official. Rodgz is banned because he just said something that
> the
> > moderators didn't like.
> >
> > Just check out this guy's posts with the search engine. Have you ever seen
> more
> > reasonable fellow at the VPForums? He wanted to straighten things out and told
> > the moderators what he thought in extremely polite manner. Now he's totally
> > censored from posting there.
> >
> > I mean, those moderators are a fucking joke! :)
> >
>
> ??? Is there a post that says that he was banned or
> something?

Of course not. I received a PM from him just before my account got deleted.






SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted bymagnox
Posted on12/05/02 11:02 PM



Can I assure you all that dev. work on SWT and Maverick has nothing to do with banning members.

Delays have been caused by the crash of my airline's shares and job worries. All appears to be well and these two should be out by the New Year.

Regards


SubjectRe: I'm not surprised. Here's more to come new Reply to this message
Posted byPacDude
Posted on12/06/02 01:44 AM



> Can I assure you all that dev. work on SWT and Maverick has nothing to do with
> banning members.
>
> Delays have been caused by the crash of my airline's shares and job worries. All
> appears to be well and these two should be out by the New Year.
>
> Regards

I'm glad to hear it. It seems KC was tripping a bit on his own zealousness to see people banned that he imagined the world was stacking up against us. If you haven't already I encourage you to join the new OPEN VPforums where people won't get deleted because of their opinions.

http://www.fruitforums.com/vp/










Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode