Welcome to Emulationworld

Forum Index | FAQ | New User | Login | Search

Make a New PostPrevious ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode


SubjectWell I guess VPF wins by default : VPFF is CLOSED new Reply to this message
Posted byPacDude
Posted on02/28/03 10:38 AM



Or soon will be.... I barely log onto the VPFF message board today and the last board I check has some message from Alex posted today no less that VPFF is closing within 24 hours for some reason relating to the shared server with the Fruit Forums (slot machine message board that was on the same server).

I guess that's going to be a bit of a shock to the rest of the users what with it disappearing with almost zero notice. I guess VPF wins by default after all.... :(

I guess that this is the end of the VP scene as we once knew it since VPF is still run by a bunch of fascist pricks.

I hope those of you that got it in time enjoyed my new Getaway table. I had updates to it and NO Fear almost ready. I guess they will remain only on my computer from now on along with any other tables I create or update as I'm getting pretty tired of this political bullshit disrupting and destroying the Visual Pinball community.

VPFF had the right idea. No censorship and no moderation equaled freedom for all and a prosperous pinball community compared to VPF's stragtegy of "Lets act like communists and just disrespect people and push them around for the hell of it." (They are still hosting several of my tables without my permission; so much for their claim of respecting authors' wishes).

But I'm afraid with the almost no notice, most of the VPFF community will just disappear and after several months of getting the word out. What a waste.



SubjectRe: Well I guess VPF wins by default : VPFF is CLOSED new Reply to this message
Posted bymarv75
Posted on02/28/03 12:01 PM



> Or soon will be.... I barely log onto the VPFF message board today and the last
> board I check has some message from Alex posted today no less that VPFF is
> closing within 24 hours for some reason relating to the shared server with the
> Fruit Forums (slot machine message board that was on the same server).
>
> I guess that's going to be a bit of a shock to the rest of the users what with
> it disappearing with almost zero notice. I guess VPF wins by default after
> all.... :(
>
> I guess that this is the end of the VP scene as we once knew it since VPF is
> still run by a bunch of fascist pricks.
>
> I hope those of you that got it in time enjoyed my new Getaway table. I had
> updates to it and NO Fear almost ready. I guess they will remain only on my
> computer from now on along with any other tables I create or update as I'm
> getting pretty tired of this political bullshit disrupting and destroying the
> Visual Pinball community.
>
> VPFF had the right idea. No censorship and no moderation equaled freedom for
> all and a prosperous pinball community compared to VPF's stragtegy of "Lets act
> like communists and just disrespect people and push them around for the hell of
> it." (They are still hosting several of my tables without my permission; so
> much for their claim of respecting authors' wishes).
>
> But I'm afraid with the almost no notice, most of the VPFF community will just
> disappear and after several months of getting the word out. What a waste.
>
We will emerge again! Keep the spirit alive PacDude, your tables rule all!




SubjectRe: Well I guess VPF wins by default : VPFF is CLOSED new Reply to this message
Posted byPcwaG
Posted on02/28/03 12:34 PM



I am setting up a forum offered by my friend back in December.
Even if another one is set up first, I'm still doing this as I know my place will stick around.
I'll let everyone know when it's ready.




SubjectRe: Well I guess VPF wins by default : VPFF is CLOSED Reply to this message
Posted byPacDude
Posted on02/28/03 12:44 PM



> I am setting up a forum offered by my friend back in December.
> Even if another one is set up first, I'm still doing this as I know my place
> will stick around.
> I'll let everyone know when it's ready.
>

Shivasite could also be used in the mean time. I see no reason to not use it. Yes Shiva has rules, but he's a fairly reasonable guy and TiltJP has changed his views on things so it seems like a fair place to use and has more niceties (like in-line image support)than here. In fact, it uses the same interface as VPF and VPFF used.





SubjectRe: Well I guess VPF wins by default : VPFF is CLOSED new Reply to this message
Posted byJive
Posted on02/28/03 01:03 PM



> > I am setting up a forum offered by my friend back in December.
> > Even if another one is set up first, I'm still doing this as I know my place
> > will stick around.
> > I'll let everyone know when it's ready.
> >
>
> Shivasite could also be used in the mean time. I see no reason to not use it.
> Yes Shiva has rules, but he's a fairly reasonable guy and TiltJP has changed his
> views on things so it seems like a fair place to use and has more niceties (like
> in-line image support)than here. In fact, it uses the same interface as VPF and
> VPFF used.
>
I made a copy of the concerned threads at VPFF and FF, inclusing yours, PacDude! If you need it, I can send it to you (I tried to send you a PM at VPFF, but it was closed before you could reply...):

VPFF is closing for good within 24 hours! (PacDude).htm
VPFF closing within 24 hours (Alex Maroney).htm
That's all folks (http_www_fruitforums_com_forums_ (pagenumber=1 to 3).htm)


Jean-Yves Delpech aka Jive, DLW webmaster and Pinball addicted.


SubjectRe: Well I guess VPF wins by default : VPFF is CLOSED new Reply to this message
Posted byAlexMaroney
Posted on02/28/03 01:38 PM



VPFF is NOT closing.

Expect it to be back online with 30 minutes.

> > > I am setting up a forum offered by my friend back in December.
> > > Even if another one is set up first, I'm still doing this as I know my place
> > > will stick around.
> > > I'll let everyone know when it's ready.
> > >
> >
> > Shivasite could also be used in the mean time. I see no reason to not use it.
>
> > Yes Shiva has rules, but he's a fairly reasonable guy and TiltJP has changed
> his
> > views on things so it seems like a fair place to use and has more niceties
> (like
> > in-line image support)than here. In fact, it uses the same interface as VPF
> and
> > VPFF used.
> >
> I made a copy of the concerned threads at VPFF and FF, inclusing yours, PacDude!
> If you need it, I can send it to you (I tried to send you a PM at VPFF, but it
> was closed before you could reply...):
>
> VPFF is closing for good within 24 hours! (PacDude).htm
> VPFF closing within 24 hours (Alex Maroney).htm
> That's all folks (http_www_fruitforums_com_forums_ (pagenumber=1 to 3).htm)
>
>
> Jean-Yves Delpech aka Jive, DLW webmaster and Pinball addicted.
>





SubjectRe: Well I guess VPF wins by default : VPFF is CLOSED new Reply to this message
Posted byPcwaG
Posted on02/28/03 01:44 PM



> VPFF is NOT closing.
>
> Expect it to be back online with 30 minutes.
>

I'm still going to set up my forum.
It will be good as a back up, ya know?




SubjectOk, I guess VPFF is back OPEN.... new Reply to this message
Posted byPacDude
Posted on02/28/03 09:35 PM



Some days I think people are just trying to give us heart attacks....





Previous ThreadView All ThreadsNext Thread*Show in Threaded Mode