- In "Dragon Slayer Eiyuu Densetsu", the bug that rhythm of the drum(ADPCM) was not steady (generated by v2.17) was corrected.
- The stability of the sound processing has been improved.
Tuesday, September 29th 2009 - Last updated @ 17:13 EST
- Fixed loading of files and folders containing non-ANSI characters (Chinese, Japanese, etc)
- Fixed a slight lag on startup due to the new file browser
- Fixed path selection setting, screenshots will now be saved to the correct directory
- Hid memory editor scrollbar since it does not work yet
- Disabled window positioning on Linux due to bugs in the Compiz compositor
- Added icons from the Tango icon library to the menus and panels
Monday, September 28th 2009 - Last updated @ 17:18 EST
Kega Fusion 3.62 out - A new version of Kega Fusion has been released by Steve Snake. Kega Fusion emulates the Sega Genesis, Master System, Mega-CD, 32X, Game Gear, SG1000, SC3000 and Sega Pico.
- The play processing of the sound is corrected and has been improved. I think that tone quality improved (chiefly CDDA and ADPCM sound source) though it is likely to depend on the environment.
- The balance of the volume was straightened again.
- The speed and timing were brought close to the movement of a real machine. In "Puzzle Boy", when the course was cleared, the problem that the staff roll display is not correctly displayed was solved.
- When "Dungeon Explorer II" is started, a part of CD access timing is brought close to a real machine (a little slow). The problem that the screen occasionally fell into disorder in the visual scene was solved. And, the gap of the sound was solved. *In this game, the CD installation ("CDROM->Install" menu) is recommended for the stability operation.
- In "Nemurenuyoru no Chiisana Ohanashi", the priority level of the screen was done as well as a real machine. Moreover, when starting, the mouse was automatically connected. *The save file name of this game was changed from "Nemurenumori no ..." to "Nemurenuyume no ...". Please rename an old save file.
- When "Magicoal" is started, "Memory Base 128 (MB128)" was automatically removed. As a result, it came to be able to do "Save and Load" normally.
- In "Psychic Storm", if a fast CD-drive was used, the problem that the screen occasionally fell into disorder momentarily when the stage began was solved.
- When using it in "Windows Vista" environment, the amount of default of the audio buffer has been increased a little. If the delay of the sound is anxious, please reduce the buffer manually ("Setting->Audio" menu).
- Additionally, a detailed part has been improved and corrected.
"This version adds support for HD resolutions, victory screens, language localization, and some enhanced data formats. 1.0 is backwards compatible with characters from the 2002.04.14 beta."
- Added cycle accurate NES emulation. Not perfect yet but most USA mappers have been added and most USA games work. Import your NES games to the .GAME format the same way you do for the SMS games.
- Added 3D virtual game room with dynamic pixel lighting and 3D sound. Select a TV to play on and load a game. Automatic detection of modern cards should still allow old 3D cards to run RetroCopy
- Allowed multiple systems to be run at same time which required reworking the main emulator thread
- Reduced EXE size by removing some unused visual assets from RetroCopy like the old 2D TV
- Added new camera class that has a lot more functionality and improved view of the 3D world
- Fixed bug in sound core which forced all cores to use same output buffer resulting in distortion with multiple games
- Moved sound to its own thread to offload 3D sound and general audio processing from the emulator thread
- Fixed bug in SMSVDP v1 where SMSVDP2 video modes were allowed
- Fixed bug in SMSVDP v1 with the last 4 sprites only being zoomed vertically
- Added .3DS loader and got rid of the milkshape 3d loader because the model format breaks often. Now specular lighting and other effects are better
- Improved movement in 3D world by increasing speed and ensuring framerate has no effect on precision. Also simulated popular FPS games like CounterStrike with left shift allowing slower movement in the 3D world
- Fixed bug which allowed you to zoom into the middle of the 3D game boxes
- Fixed bug in audio not being completed reversed when rewinding, Sound quality is now much improved when rewinding
- Added mipmaps to 3D modes which generally increases quality. If you have a card capable of Anisotropic filtering it will be enabled by default which further increases quality
- Reworked ROM browsing/loading interface. Now you have to select a TV before the ROM browser appears. It is now also shown transparently over the virtual gameroom
"This is just a bug-fix release. The GEMDOS hard-disk emulation now works together with ACSI hard disk images again and the memory dump and disassembly in the python user interface has been fixed."
* Small bug fixes and improvements, most notably a better sync with music thanks to a float fps now, and a fix for savegames which didn't save correctly the fix area when it was uploaded from the prg ram.
* Loading a savegame with the gui now correctly sets the savegame slot, so that using f2 to save after this saves to the correct slot.
* The font keeps a constant size in windows (previously in low resolutions simply pressing esc on the main menu was resizing the font !).
* The ingame texts (hud) can be made optionally opaque from the gui
Tuesday, September 1st 2009 - Last updated @ 06:00 EST