Thursday, October 28th 2004 - Last updated @ 19:01 EST
Retrogaming Radio - Wow, two months and we have a totally PACKED show! First, a new rant on HAT TIPPING vs. THEFT (we'll tell you what the difference is). We interview Don Daglow (Dungeon, Utopia, World Series Baseball, produced Adv. Construction Set and Racing Destruction Set) - Don rocks, you'll love it. Our Bits and Bytes segment is FRIGGIN' HUGE (thanks Dana and Gerry!) too. We also interviewed the developers of MESSIAH (RF SNES controllers) and the XGAMESTATION (build your own classic gaming hardware and program it) - fun folks to talk to. We've listened to you pinball lovers and Bryan and I collaborated on a look at Stern's LORD OF THE RINGS. We give away the location of ONE OF EIGHT easter eggs on the RetroGaming Radio Year 5 DVDROM. And if that weren't enough - we have even more for you. Don't worry - we have ANOTHER show for you shortly for November - double header RetroGaming Radio for your Fall enjoyment!
Nostalgia 4.0 - The Intellivision emulator Nostalgia has been updated!
ZiNc 1.0.1 Released - A second small update has been released to fix some minor issues with yesterday's release:
- Disabled Tekken 3 and Super World Stadium '99, both of which were broken.
- Removed --verify switch - it didn't work, and real DATs can be synthesized from the --list-sets output anyway.
- Added Street Fighter EX US version.
- Added -rotate option so vertical monitor games can work on real vertical monitors.
- Synced ROMs with latest MAME. Again.
- Fixed Susume Taisen Puzzle-Dama on Windows builds - VC++ was miscompiling an inline function.
- Fixed keyboard plugin to support the Konami GV system.
MESS 0.88 - MESS 0.88 is now available, adding a new Dragon Alpha driver by Phill Harvey-Smith among other changes. The full changelog can be viewed here.
Sunday, October 24th 2004 - Last updated @ 15:32 EST
Bomjack! - Yesterday, I noticed Elvis_P (IRC) playing a rather cool game on his MAME cabinet, turned out it was Bombjack. I'm ashamed to say I had never played it before... Sure's a cool game :)
ZiNC 1.0 Released - Today saw the release of a new version of ZiNc, featuring (among others) full sound and music in System 11 games (fast PC required). Check EmuHype for the download and more information about this release.
Saturday, October 23rd 2004 - Last updated @ 15:49 EST
Nintendulator v.0.950 The NES emulator has been updated! Get it from here.
Steem 3.2 - The Atari ST emulator Steem has been updated!
Tuesday, October 19th 2004 - Last updated @ 15:03 EST
openMSX v.0.5.0 - Finally, there is a new release of the great MSX emulator. Pleace check the homepage for the impressive changelog.
NEScafe v.0.55 - This is a Jave based Nintendo emulator. Get it from here.
olafnes v.1.0e - The NES emulator olafnes got his daily update! Besides other things, the programmer added support for the mappers 76, 231.
Potator v.0.70 - The Supvervision (a handheld made by Watara) emulator Poator has been updated. The user can now specify the rom that he want to play via commandline.
Monday, October 18th 2004 - Last updated @ 17:08 EST
Katakis 2 - The famous game maker Manfred Trenz founded a new company called Denaris Entertainment Software. They are developing games for PC, C64, GameBoy Advance and Nintendo SP. At the moment they are developing a second part of the C64 shooter Katakis for the C64 and PC.
olafnes v1.0d The NES emulator olafnes has been updated lately. The emulator now supports a great bunch of new mappers. Besides that and some other changes, the author added game genie support, but only 6 letter codes are supported for now.
SainT v.1.71 - The great Atari ST emulator has been updated. Get the files from here.
Fullscreen + Spectrum512 extreme left border color fixed ("Overscan Demos" F6 screen) Thanks to Paulo Simoes for precious debugging help
Double odd adress fixed ( ELECTRA demo is now working again )
Add "Clear all breakpoint" button in debugging pannel
Sunday, October 17th 2004 - Last updated @ 20:16 EST
DC Speccyal K 0.3 Nero Image - Tyrell, the author of the Spectrum emulator, Speccyal K, has updated a Nero image for the Dreamcast version of his emulator to his site, complete with some public domain games.
CPU: Now switching to ARM mode before calling the System ROM IRQ handler CPU: Fixed carry input for SBC/RSC instructions CPU: Fixed a few LDRH/STRH instructions and added some missing ones CPU: Fixed Thumb LSR/ASR CPU: Fixed Thumb ADD SP,#imm CPU: Added UMLAL/SMLAL CPU: Added SWI (only a few functions are supported) GPU: Added rotation/scaling on BGs in mode 1 and 2 GPU: Fixed BG2 rotation/scaling in mode 4 and 5 GPU: Fixed some color errors when the OpenGL renderer is used MMU: Added support for DMA on hblank/vblank MMU: The DMA enable flag is now reset after non-repeating transfers MMU: All keys are now emulated (D-pad, start, select, A, B, L, R)
Thursday, October 14th 2004 - Last updated @ 09:13 EST
Alice 32 emulator - A emulator for the Alice 32 computer has been released. Get it here.
Unofficial Artworks - MAMu_ has some cool new unoffical artworks up on his web site.
Wednesday, October 13th 2004 - Last updated @ 13:52 EST
Message from Brad "Zophar" Levicoff - Greetings to all Retrogames.com visitors. I'd like to invite all fans of animation and horror films to visit www.rightbrainanimations.com, home of Right Brain Animations.
I put this website together for my friend, David Popolow, whose feature film "Circle of Freaks" will be playing next week at various film festivals across the United States. This short animation is posted on our films page.
Thanks to everyone, and I hope to hear from you all soon. Take care!
I've checked out the movie before posting (last week actually ;) and it's pretty damn cool (stopmotion!!!). What Brad didn't mention, is that he is responsible for the sound effects, video editing and trailers of this project.
Monday, October 11th 2004 - Last updated @ 11:37 EST
DSemu 0.0.1a - The GameBoy Advance (and later maybe DS) emulator DSemu has been updated!
'Another few small touches today. I reimplemented the MUL series in assembly, and that threw out a few bugs. It turned out that back when I'd changed MUL to reflect the proper opcode fields, I hadn't changed MULS. The proper pieces of asm has changed that though. Dunno if it actually helps any demos run, but it's always good to find a bug. Also, I had a couple of demos running strange. One cleared half the screen before drawing (instead of all), and one drew half the screen (instead of all). Turns out that both use DMA3 to do the screen operation. And what'd you know, I had the word/halfword bit flipped. Change it around, and both Leonard's Trip and Torlus' Walk3d work fine.'
- GUI rebuild due to Delphi saving project cfg files just as power outage hits...
- removed old rendering engine
- vSNES now uses its own SNES structure instead of a ZST structure (major rewrite)
- main window: five lists (four SNES, one ZST), offsets in ZST section
- the menus got pictures
- help window: "Windows" look due to more text per line, RTF for formatted code
- open dialog: "browse" window opens in the center
- palette viewer: relocated the info (should be final)
- memory viewer: "FX" decoder, better zoom, options for hex. offsets and jumping entire lines
- scene viewer: new engine (8-bit and 16-bit, both with missing features though), support for high-res, new buttons for selecting visibility, color 0 for transparency, info screen, removed "mode7 info" box
- hex. viewer: restructured, always with gridlines, DOS font thanks to PCXDUMP, but still incomplete and slow
- list editor: removed "size" box, PLEASE NOTE: in this version, changes to the non-ZST sections won't update the ZST section
- added SPC viewer (incomplete, only viewing)
- options: multiple lines, hex. offsets for memory/hex. viewer, preview filtering, more extensions, hex. info in pal. viewer, spaces for the info screen
- updated SNES.txt file
- new GB.pal file
Monday, October 4th 2004 - Last updated @ 11:33 EST
ZX-Emul v.0.28b - The Spectrum ZX emulator ZX-Emul has been updated!
XMAME/XMESS v.0.87 - The MAME/MESS Linux port has been updated! Get it here here.
Friday, October 1st 2004 - Last updated @ 23:49 EST
64th Note 0.04 - 64th Note, the Winamp plugin to play the Nintendo Ultra 64 Sound Format USF files has been updated.