- More accurate MMC3 emulation. Fixes Kirby's Adventure pause screen, Mega Man 5 level intro screen, etc.
- Fixed bug in input handling which caused joypad 1 input to be used for both joypad 1 and 2.
- Select and Start are now usable in menus.
- Fixed FF7 Chocobo Racing crash bug with Internal HLE BIOS.
- Fixed freeze issue with Japanese version of I.Q. Final.
- Fixed memory card issue with Final Fantasy 6.
- Better support for Alcohol 120% .mdf/.mds images.
- Input plugin has been rewritten using SDL for GNU/Linux port.
- Prelimiary Mac OS X (Intel) support (may contain bugs and dynarec is still not working yet).
- Hide the GNOME panels in fullscreen mode when using the OpenGL plugin.
- GTK UI: Added a toolbar in mainwindow, improved Memory Card dialog box.
- Added Telnet-based debugger (based on PCSX CVS). Removed PCSX-df debugger.
- Added Portuguese (Brazilian) translation (courtesy of Tibério Vítor).
- Other minor bugfixes/tweaks.
- Lua console dialog has vertical scrollbar.
- Drag & Drop for .mcm files. Auto-converts to .mc2 and plays resulting file.
- Recent ROMs menu now works.
- Saves window position.
- Romname and SVN version diplayed at top of window.
- PCEjin has a snazzy icon now!
- Commandline support for ROMs, movies, savestates, read-only setting, pause/unpause setting.
- Ram Search "Watch" button now works.
- Minor menu & Dialog cleanup.
Monday, December 21st 2009 - Last updated @ 17:10 EST
- Fixed random speedup bug
- Fixed GBC with initial SGB border not working
- Fix for King of Fighters 97 and Real Bout Special SGB mode
- Somewhat better double gb emulation
- Added simple IR link emulation
- Added option to reduce CPU usage
- Added option to allow opposite direction buttons to be pressed at the same time
- Added option to disable visual rumble
- Added autofire start and select buttons
- Added GB2 soft reset
- Added option to load same rom to GB2 that's in GB1
- New config file format
- Joystick support (non-analog joysticks only, see nemulator.ini)
- Menus: On the game selection screen, use A to select a game, B to bring up the menu. In-game, press start+select to bring up the menu.
- Fullscreen mode configurable via nemulator.ini
- Configurable reset and menu delay behavior (thanks to Alexander Rojas for the suggestions!)
- Fixed bug that caused crashes when quitting while in fullscreen mode
- Fix a bug that prevent 64bits build reading configuration file correctly. As side effect, keyboard was unusable in Osmose 64bits.
- Remove unused code (OsmoseConfiguration::findSDLKeySym);
- Add possibility to change button assignement for Joystick.
- Fix a bug in configuration file parsing.
- Now uses a color terminal for reports: Makefile -DUSE_ISO_IEC_6429 option.
- 32 and 64bits build are provided.
Friday, December 11th 2009 - Last updated @ 20:11 EST
- [EMU] Added accurate Sega Genesis / Megadrive emulation. It should be the most accurate Genesis emulator available as it is nearly completely cycle accurate. Features include crisp stereo sound emulation, gameplay rewind, Sega Virtua Processor (SVP used in Virtua Racing), EEPROM, SRAM, accurate interlace emulation (Sonic 2 - 2 player mode). Takes advantage of 64bit (x64) CPUs.
- [EMU] Added cycle accurate stereo sound to gamegear. Used by Outrun, Aleste, Galaga, Woody Pop, Xmen etc
- [GUI] Mouse cursor now disappears after 3 seconds of inactivity so it's not obscuring gameplay
- [CORE] Added option that lets RetroCopy manage how CPU cores are used. Useful for some AMD systems running on Windows XP if they have timing problems
- [CORE] Fixed memory leak in game loading
- [SOUND] Changed the ingame "fullscreen" to Stereo sound. The 3D world still uses mono as the TV's don't have two separate virtual speakers for the sound to come from yet.
- [SOUND] Fixed bug which could cause glitches in the sound on some systems
What's new per the homepage:
"I'm now releasing a new simulator, which I started coding around 2 years ago and never found the time/will to complete - until today! It's a wonderful Pacman-style game, sort of pocket version of the classic videogame for the CreatiVision console, "Crazy Chicky""
Wednesday, December 9th 2009 - Last updated @ 17:08 EST
- Worked some more on the pinball wizard plunger "Z" axis
- Corrected attached joystick/gamepad interference with the player - For those game controllers please use software like Joy2Key
- Removed ball blurs, as well as frame updates from spinners, gates, and moving objects will be smoother with increased framerate.
- Restored functionality of RGB 0/0/0 for invisible gates, spinners, flippers, and bumpers
- Corrected uninitialized/unvalidated info for loaded flipper and textbox settings.
- Removed requirement for msvcr71.dll
Monday, December 7th 2009 - Last updated @ 20:10 EST
- SCSP sound generation process from a double-precision floating point number changed to single-precision floating point.
- Save state data version changed.
- Stopped DirectDraw support.
- The trouble which fails in resolution acquisition of full screen mode was corrected.
- Changed the internal division of the sound buffer.
- Fixed emulation of read-modify-write instructions. The 6502 consistently writes the old value before replacing it by a second write with the updated value.
- The default alsa output device has been changed from hw:0.0 to default, making it more compatible to hardware setups.
- The disassembly of the BVC instruction was invalid, fixed.
- Added the space bar as possible source for joystick events.
- Fixed some issues with preferences reading.
- Added additional tests for ROM image verification.
- Fixed a NULL pointer reference in the cartridge module.
Tuesday, December 1st 2009 - Last updated @ 09:07 EST
Free Giveaway At DOWNLOADBUYER.COM - The people behind Magix, eJay, Dark Basic and Div Games Studio (among others) have started a new site where you can buy and download lotsa software online, it's called Downloadbuyer.com and they're having a FREE giveaway (hence the name ;)) worth over £4,000. All you need to do visit their site and click the Advent Calendar link!
Everyone wins AT LEAST a discount voucher for entering and a few lucky people will get some nice free software to download -- including that elusive serial code :D
Since we all love free stuff, hop on over to Downloadbuyer.com and win some software!
P.S. There's actually someone at the 'Live Assistance' chatbox ;)